Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2020, 06:32 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,145,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
I would say the same thing if the customer had requested a black server.. “customer is always right”..even if the customer is a jerk...

Business know their success depends on the happiness of their customer...
You'd say what same thing?

If you think the customer is always right, you must not get out much. And, sadly, businesses are not depending on the happiness of their customer, which is why so many companies have terrible customer service.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2020, 06:35 PM

1,273 posts, read 1,640,559 times
Quote:
With all due respect I don’t think I’m wrong. For example My son and I sell and install pullout shelves for cabinetry. Let’s say a customer calls me for an estimate to install shelves and I show up with a black employee. Together We measure all the cabinetry and give a price thats agreed upon. Before we leave the homeowner pulls me aside and tells me that they do not want any black workers in their home. I may not like it and think the owners are jerks. However As a small business owner I can’t afford to leave thousands of dollars on the table.

Sorry but sometimes that’s the way of the real world “customer is always right”...even if they’re jerks.
You just described the between someone of deep moral convictions and yourself. Ive been blessed to know plenty folks who would leave money on that table and support their fellow man. And these folks needed that money.

Old 03-07-2020, 06:53 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,576,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinsey86 View Post
You just described the between someone of deep moral convictions and yourself. Ive been blessed to know plenty folks who would leave money on that table and support their fellow man. And these folks needed that money.
Amen.

Old 03-07-2020, 06:54 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,185,760 times
Black customer comes into shop and asks for black customer service only. If black manager allows this, should be fired, as should anyone caving to the black customer's demands.

Old 03-07-2020, 06:55 PM

73,041 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
With all due respect I don’t think I’m wrong. For example My son and I sell and install pullout shelves for cabinetry. Let’s say a customer calls me for an estimate to install shelves and I show up with a black employee. Together We measure all the cabinetry and give a price thats agreed upon. Before we leave the homeowner pulls me aside and tells me that they do not want any black workers in their home. I may not like it and think the owners are jerks. However As a small business owner I can’t afford to leave thousands of dollars on the table.

Sorry but sometimes that’s the way of the real world “customer is always right”...even if they’re jerks.
I'd rather lose a few thousand dollars than deal with a bigot. I can find another customer.

Old 03-07-2020, 06:56 PM

73,041 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
Black customer comes into shop and asks for black customer service only. If black manager allows this, should be fired, as should anyone caving to the black customer's demands.
I agree with you 100%. I don't play that bigoted crap from anyone. I don't care what race you are.

Old 03-07-2020, 06:57 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,185,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Jussie Smollette anyone?
Mass weapons and destruction-makers and droppers anyone?

Old 03-07-2020, 07:33 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Jussie has nothing to do with this. Said person was just gaslighting to deflect from the actual topic.
Sure it does.

Only one side of a story doesn't necessarily mean it's true.

Old 03-07-2020, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
It wasn't gaslighting imo. There have been a ton of race hoaxes, Jussie being a really well known one.

I would not immediately believe the story in the OP due to such if there wasn't a customer that recorded it.
There is a recording of the event?

I must have missed that. Could you please post the link?

Old 03-07-2020, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
you & I are usually politically/philosophically in tune, but I have to ask if you read the entire article? a patron even videotaped the incident.
Somehow, I missed the video. Could you please post a link?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies