Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2020, 04:34 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conqueso View Post
There were multiple corroborating accounts. That customer was a regular and is on his racist BS every time. The manager accommodated it.
the customer was a she. what else kind of **** are you making up? And what was your username before?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2020, 04:37 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
I would say the same thing if the customer had requested a black server.. “customer is always right”..even if the customer is a jerk...

Business know their success depends on the happiness of their customer...

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/olive-ga...er-worker-says
I agree that a restaurant knows its success depends on the happiness of their customers part, but I won't lose my black and overwhelming majority of the white customers who are sane over this so called "repeat customer". lol Nah, not worth it. If somebody posted "avoid this racist restaurant" on youtube or facebook, then kiss your business goodbye.

It's really nothing personal.

I hate to say this, but to demand a certain skin color to be a server at a local chain restaurant? you have to do better than that. Make enough money, she can hire her own butler, whatever the skin color she wants.

Old 03-07-2020, 04:39 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
If I was the manager of a restaurant and a customer requested a person of a different race because he didn't like his server's race, it would take all of my adult composure to ask the customer to leave firmly without emotion as I would be very angry. a manager that would accommodate such a request in his restaurant would show very poor judgement.
I think it used to be common to honor such requests. I agree with you. I would not need or desire that customer. I'd have the right to refuse service and I would w/o hesitation ask them to leave.

Old 03-07-2020, 04:41 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalCoalMan View Post
But this is not what we were talking about. We were talking about dem voters vs republican voters and their income.
Yes. We know Dem voters earn less than Republican voters, and we know that income is correlated to intelligence. I've posted links. No one has debunked them.

Old 03-07-2020, 04:42 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times
Quote:
I would say the same thing if the customer had requested a black server.. “customer is always right”..even if the customer is a jerk...

Business know their success depends on the happiness of their customer...

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/olive-ga...er-worker-says
What you are promoting is against the law. We found this out when it was a nurse in question. In this case, if it was a table that was supposed to go to a black server, the business would be then discriminating against the black server.

Old 03-07-2020, 04:49 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yes, I am. The info directly related how intelligence affected income level. Since we already know Dem voters earn less, even those with a college education, we can also deduce that they're less intelligent.
on this point, I'm pretty sure they came out with demographic info of voters after 2016. It's not hard to find educational attainment. of course, I don't think I'd be arguing with chop about education.

Old 03-07-2020, 05:09 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yes. We know Dem voters earn less than Republican voters, and we know that income is correlated to intelligence. I've posted links. No one has debunked them.
No they have. I've seen these posts and someone replied below your's. Your argument is false and based around straw arguments.

Old 03-07-2020, 05:27 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,766,996 times
Quote:

I normally agree with a lot of the OP's opinions, but on this one is clearly wrong.
With all due respect I don’t think I’m wrong. For example My son and I sell and install pullout shelves for cabinetry. Let’s say a customer calls me for an estimate to install shelves and I show up with a black employee. Together We measure all the cabinetry and give a price thats agreed upon. Before we leave the homeowner pulls me aside and tells me that they do not want any black workers in their home. I may not like it and think the owners are jerks. However As a small business owner I can’t afford to leave thousands of dollars on the table.

Sorry but sometimes that’s the way of the real world “customer is always right”...even if they’re jerks.

Old 03-07-2020, 05:56 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
With all due respect I don’t think I’m wrong. For example My son and I sell and install pullout shelves for cabinetry. Let’s say a customer calls me for an estimate to install shelves and I show up with a black employee. Together We measure all the cabinetry and give a price thats agreed upon. Before we leave the homeowner pulls me aside and tells me that they do not want any black workers in their home. I may not like it and think the owners are jerks. However As a small business owner I can’t afford to leave thousands of dollars on the table.

Sorry but sometimes that’s the way of the real world “customer is always right”...even if they’re jerks.
Ok and if that employee quits because you didn't back them up, do you have one to replace them? Last I checked, restaurants (the industry in question) do actually have problems finding employees due to rising wages (both natural in the economy and the minimum wage increases.) Also the cost of losing a table is much lower than a cabinet sale.

Old 03-07-2020, 06:16 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Jussie Smollette anyone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies