Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2020, 08:25 AM

3,500 posts, read 2,789,933 times

Advertisements

Hey Trump where's the economy that you claimed that "its the best ever." Where is it?

I don't see an awesome economy.

men, women and children are dying and more will die. workers won't get paid due to canceled events, reduced customer traffic, and being quarantined. businesses will go under. people will be financially devastated. That doesn't sound like the hallmarks of an economy that's the best ever.

Trump has lied!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2020, 08:26 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
So much for Trump and his brainwashed followers pumping the market. That's what happens when you pump the market. It crashes in you in literally no time. Trump and his supporters took all of the credit when it went up, now they can all eat the responsibility now for when it tanks.
Dumbest post ever. All the global markets are down because of coronavirus and the oil war between Russia and OPEC.

Old 03-09-2020, 08:26 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,668,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
If you are so sure about all this by call options on the S & P 500 when it dips further. You can make a ton of money with a very small investment.

Not true.

It wont be a "very small investment" as you described, the cost of those call options will be expensive because the of how much the VIX(volatility) has increased in this fall.

A call spread would be more appropriate with the elevated volatility.

Old 03-09-2020, 08:27 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,561,248 times
Lol at least you crazy kids are doing your best to spin a global pandemic into something Trump did wrong. Have to give you credit for trying and not being concerned about embarrassing yourselves.

I can't imagine being that much of a partisan hack.

Old 03-09-2020, 08:28 AM

16,560 posts, read 10,643,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastriver View Post
Newsflash: Trump supporters never voted for Romney, McCain, Bush.

Not sure where you're getting this assertion from. I voted for Bush, quite enthusiastically, as I felt he was vastly better than Gore. I voted for McCain, unenthusiastically, only because I felt he was marginally better than Obama. I voted for Romney, with a moderate amount of enthusiasm, because I felt he was somewhat better than Obama. And I voted for Trump, enthusiastically, because I felt he was vastly better than Clinton (among other reasons).

Old 03-09-2020, 08:28 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
At his rally last week trump was touting the largest point increase ever, so he apparently doesn't understand that.
This it the world according to Trump and his minions - when the stock market goes UP - it's all due to trump and his policies. When the stock market goes DOWN - it's everyone else's fault.

Old 03-09-2020, 08:29 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
You really need to be more honest/accurate.

Largest POINT drop ever, which is meaningless compared to the way it should be measured, which is by percentage change. But both you and I know anyone without political bias knows the percentage is the proper way to measure performance.
Maybe you should try being honest too, because today WAS the largest point drop ever (by far), and we hit -17% in past few weeks, so you can sit there and pretend nothing is happening, but that is simply not honest. Its a big deal.

Old 03-09-2020, 08:30 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Lol at least you crazy kids are doing your best to spin a global pandemic into something Trump did wrong. Have to give you credit for trying and not being concerned about embarrassing yourselves.

I can't imagine being that much of a partisan hack.
True. The leftists are so excited to have something else to blame on Trump.

Old 03-09-2020, 08:30 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
How about you point to some of the seminal pieces of outsourcing legislation like NAFTA and tell us how all those voters with (R) on their names are "lefties". LMAO.
NAFTA was crafted in the Reagan Admin.

Bush 2 did the ceremonious signing with Canada and Mexico subject to Congress approval.

The voters rejected Ross Perot and instead elected Clinton.

Most Republicans voted in favor and enough Democrats did too.

Clinton signed it. Had he vetoed it, it would have flown once Republicans controlled both chambers.

Old 03-09-2020, 08:31 AM

20,121 posts, read 9,032,117 times
I'll be pulling the trigger on buying some cruise company stocks in the near future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies