Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2020, 07:33 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,302,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
I have no prediction, but I want to caution that China took drastic measures, and we're not China. Our mileage may vary....
Exactly, China pulled that martial law card because frankly, they can. Try telling us we can't do something and see what happens.

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
If Trump makes the right moves -- and a travel ban to Europe is a darn good start - and is able to stop the cornonavirus (along with some help from the weather, and good moves from state & local authorities), and stops the stock market slide..... he could go down in history as a very good to great president and he might assure his re-election.

Thoughts?
Shrug. A travel ban now is moot. It's here, it's been here for a while, and it's spreading.

True, there will be fewer people spreading the virus around airports.

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
interesting. maybe something to consider here.

Coronavirus patients who refuse to self-isolate face murder charges in Italy
Quote:
Anyone who comes down with a fever, cough, or other symptoms of the new coronavirus strain named Covid-19 who do not put themselves under self-isolation risk being charged with causing injury and be jailed for six months to three years.

10,098 posts, read 4,090,187 times
Trump was screw-- either way. If he shut down borders, the loony left would shriek "RACIST!!!!", if he didn't they will shriek "INCOMPETENT!!!".

I think China released this disease on purpose, to hurt Trump politically. After all, he is the first president in my lifetime to stand up to their hateful anti-America regime and implement tariffs.

China imprisons racial and religious minorities with impunity and the American left still loves their country more than they love Trump. What more do you need to know...

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
I have no prediction, but I want to caution that China took drastic measures, and we're not China. Our mileage may vary....
China might not be over. When they lift restrictions and people go back to work and people cone in from other infected areas it could spread again.

Old 03-12-2020, 07:35 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,473,493 times
My thought is making the right move is subjective and is also dependent on hindsight. That means the media will largely be in charge of determining whether he did the right thing or not. This mean everything he does or does not do will be the wrong move, a fatal move, an incompetent move, and where possible a criminal move. Even if nobody else catches and/or dies from coronavirus from this point forward(which will not be the case), everything he has done or not done up until now was the worst possible move any competent person could have made. Oh and anyone who tries to defend Trump will be accused of playing politics with people's lives, for shame, by the very same people trying to play politics against Trump with it.

In America this really is a political issue as much as it is a health issue. We are not capable of responding to any issue differently nowadays.

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
NOW they take it seriously, should have done it much much earlier than that. Better late than too late I guess.

Like I posted at least five times in another thread: we cannot rely on other people's better angels in their nature to protect ourselves. we need to avoid as many people as possible, using common sense and common courtesy, we need to work together as a team.

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Let’s pray that he makes the wrong moves so that the country can be screwed, the people can suffer and die, but democrats can win the presidency!
You do you I guess.

I have both elderly and immune compromised family members- I'm hoping for the best for everyone. The question was about what a "great opportunity" this was for Trump, his reelection campaign and his legacy. Sounds to me like *someone* is hoping to benefit from the situation, but it SAS is not me (or from what I glean from the OPs post history, "Democrats"). I simply gave my thoughts after being asked.

Last edited by maciesmom; 03-12-2020 at 08:03 AM.. Reason: Clarification

Old 03-12-2020, 07:36 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Shrug. A travel ban now is moot. It's here, it's been here for a while, and it's spreading.

True, there will be fewer people spreading the virus around airports.
He tried to initiate a travel ban at the end of January or the beginning of February....and right on cue, chucky shumer started yelling that trumps a racist for this "premature travel ban"......but nobody will question chucky....

https://twitter.com/JarradKushner/st...es-merged.html

Old 03-12-2020, 07:36 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Let’s pray that he makes the wrong moves so that the country can be screwed, the people can suffer and die, but democrats can win the presidency!
Said no Democrat ever. It sounds like you are excited about people dying. What's wrong with you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies