Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2020, 11:01 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,729,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
We know the confirmed cases and we know confirmed deaths. That number isn't any type of estimate..it's FACT but only for this moment in time.

The mortality rate will change as this evolves with more testing, more confirmed and hopefully less deaths.
Dr Fauci indicated that COVID-19 is most likely 10 times more deadly than the flu. So they are determining a morbidity rate of 1%. Thank God we have a Dr Fauci.

Old 03-14-2020, 11:01 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,109,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Another issue with CV. Surgeon General is advising that elective surgeries like hips and knees be postponed.
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...navirus-129405
All hospitals in Seattle are stopping elective surgeries. Started yesterday.

Old 03-14-2020, 11:02 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Not true, Italy reports once a day. They have not reported yet. Unless there is a note somewhere saying they have 0 cases?
It is true according to this

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

not arguing, if you have a source saying they have more cases today, please show me.

I just want a reliable website where i can track the new cases, that is all.

21,989 posts, read 15,720,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Your repetitive circular illogic regarding testing is nonsensical...

How would YOU know the rate of infection in the USA is among the lowest in the world...since we don't have adequate....wait for it....TESTING

Testing IS necessary to assess the scope and effectiveness of current isolation measures...without TESTING it is just whistling in the dark.

You also keep mentioning TREATMENT....tell us what is the TREATMENT for this novel coronavirus and how do we determine who needs treatment if we can't TEST for it

And make no mistake, I see patients in one of the best teaching hospitals in the US and I can affirm we don't have the testing kits....

You really have ZERO understanding of this topic...
It's surreal to see posts from someone that claims to be a nurse - say testing isn't necessary.

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Don't return to a location which is a known area of contagion. Isolate in room. Meals served or left outside room door which is kept closed. No visitors. Face time with family.
Because we are not testing...... we do not know all the areas of contagion.

Your arguments are against what is recommended by the WHO and CDC, and other well respected medical institutions.

You do you, but I'll listen to the actual experts.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-14-2020, 11:03 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,109,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Your repetitive circular illogic regarding testing is nonsensical...

How would YOU know the rate of infection in the USA is among the lowest in the world...since we don't have adequate....wait for it....TESTING

Testing IS necessary to assess the scope and effectiveness of current isolation measures...without TESTING it is just whistling in the dark.

You also keep mentioning TREATMENT....tell us what is the TREATMENT for this novel coronavirus and how do we determine who needs treatment if we can't TEST for it

And make no mistake, I see patients in one of the best teaching hospitals in the US and I can affirm we don't have the testing kits....

You really have ZERO understanding of this topic...
Actually, I work in the front line of this issue in an inpatient critical care unit which is currently treating these patients and licensed as a public health nurse and on several panels which review and discuss care. Not showing cred just suggest that you are incorrect.

Old 03-14-2020, 11:05 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
It is true according to this

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

not arguing, if you have a source saying they have more cases today, please show me.

I just want a reliable website where i can track the new cases, that is all.
Nothing there says no new cases.

Italy reports all their cases at one time daily. So for a good part of the day, there are no numbers listed. This happens every day.

I just don't remember what time they report. I remember China was around 4pm at the height (PST), and Italy is *around* this time that they report.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-14-2020, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I would think they are trying to consider the others living in assisted living. Do you let the sick senior in that just came back from the hospital but couldn't get a test? What if he/she has the virus? Without a test, the assumption is made they have the virus and they are refused entry. I would imagine it's a legal liability. But where does the sick senior go if they have no family to take care of them. They are becoming homeless.

I asked a very simple question, "is it legal to kick them out?"

No more, no less.

My friend lives with a 62 year old college professor, the house belongs to my friend. If the college professor is sick, is it legal to kick him out?

These are all real concerns from people.

Old 03-14-2020, 11:06 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,720,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Actually, for those who know me, I work in the front line of this issue in an inpatient critical care unit which is currently treating these patients and licensed as a public health nurse and on several panels which review and discuss care. Not showing cred just suggest that you are incorrect.
Advocating against the need for testing does not give me comfort about politicized medical professionals. It's completely wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I asked a very simple question, "is it legal to kick them out?"

No more, no less.

My friend lives with a 62 year old college professor, the house belongs to my friend. If the college professor is sick, is it legal to kick him out?

These are all real concerns from people.
I am not a lawyer. I gave the scenario I know of. I do not know your situation.

No more, no less.

For an assisted living facility, they may feel they need to refuse entry of sick patients because other patients that become sick could potentially sue them.

It sounds like the only one at risk besides the professor, is your friend.

Old 03-14-2020, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Nothing there says no new cases.

Italy reports all their cases at one time daily. So for a good part of the day, there are no numbers listed. This happens every day.

I just don't remember what time they report. I remember China was around 4pm at the height (PST), and Italy is *around* this time that they report.
Okay then, that explains it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies