Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2020, 12:53 PM

4,512 posts, read 1,866,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
We still don't know how many are infected until we get more testing done. What does the end of the week have to do with anything? Not everyone infected will end up in ICU. That being said, I've seen data that even though most people may recover, the lungs can be compromised up to 20-30%. So just getting over the virus doesn't mean there won't be long-lasting effects.

I'm still a tad confused about the title of this thread. Not sure what Friday has to do with anything.
Again, the whole democrat narrative is that orange man failed to contain the Coronavirus and now many are infected.

If all these people were supposedly infected, enough time will have passed by the end of this week for the most vulnerable to be in intensive care.

This narrative is everywhere. You cannot deny it.

Old 03-15-2020, 12:55 PM

30,180 posts, read 11,815,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Right? And there would be more people working to be able to deliver food and supplies to them. As of now everyone is being encouraged to stay home which means less people available to help them.

No system is perfect and there is no way to completely keep everyone safe. What we’re doing now will have a lot of intended consequences and it will also, not keep everyone safe.

Come on. People that provide a vital service to the community are not being encouraged to stay home. Show me where in this country where health care workers are being told not to see their patients?

And lots of high risk people live with lower risk people. I really think a 14 day shutdown is the best way to go. Putting elderly people under house arrest is not.

Old 03-15-2020, 12:56 PM

27,658 posts, read 16,147,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
It is curiousthat they seem to have been able to totally contained it. But if they really wanted to just mess us up they could have brought it here and released it.
Let me help. They seem to be very interested in biological agents
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...tion-1.5211567
Infectious disease lab canada
https://www.centerforsecuritypolicy....ard-china-spy/
was part of a research program in Wuhan, China, site of the recent outbreak of Wuhan corona virus

Old 03-15-2020, 12:57 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times
Quote:
Come on. People that provide a vital service to the community are not being encouraged to stay home. Show me where in this country where health care workers are being told not to see their patients?

And lots of high risk people live with lower risk people. I really think a 14 day shutdown is the best way to go. Putting elderly people under house arrest is not.
Everyone is being encouraged to stay home.

14 day shut down of what services? Which people in the service industry should forgo their income for two weeks and how do we even know that two weeks would be enough? Which small businesses should go out of business? How many businesses will go out of business due to the recommendation that everyone stay home? And how will the virus be contained when everyone is at their local grocery store anyway, contaminating it while trying to hoard supplies so that they can quarantine? We are not being very logical or thinking about the long term big picture.

Old 03-15-2020, 12:58 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
What is one to think of rumors that Corona is the result of an accident at a Wuhan lab specialized on biological warfare?
According to this guy, a university in North Carolina and Fort Dietrich are also involved in that mess:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5snzKNXP-S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
The shoe fits, so it's certainly possible. What we do know for certain is that there is a center of China's version of the CDC right across the street from the meat market that China initially blamed for the disease. We know that at least one doctor was experimenting on bats infected with what seems to be the same Coronavirus. At one point, it bit him and he self-quarantined. On another occasion the bat peed on him and he self-quarantined again.

So if you're a doctor at this particular lab, did you know that you can make some extra money on the side? After you lab animals die, sell them to the meat market across the street.

Considering the fact that the Chinese government it the way that it is, we will probably never know the truth about how this thing came out. At this point, China's despotic overlords are blaming it on the US military. Fountain of truth, that Chinese government!!
There is no evidence for this or any conspiracy nonsense. Scientists have been predicting
a world-wide pandemic for years.
https://fullfact.org/health/new-coro...ly-engineered/
https://www.theatlantic.com/science/...llenge/543954/

Old 03-15-2020, 12:59 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71
German newspapers reporting that Trump tried to bribe German scientists to relocate their research on a cure or vaccine to the US, to develop exclusively for the US. Trump is the scum of the earth. And so is every senator who voted to acquit him.

Sure he did....just like someone called the governor from the WH and yelled at him....don't know who that person from the WH was/is, but dammit, he called and yelled at me.

Old 03-15-2020, 01:02 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
So than bill it accordingly, and honestly. How would you like it if you went to have the oil changed in your vehicle, and they tried to charge you extra for a bunch of services you did not receive? Or worse yet, they charged you extra to pay for someone elses service?
Yes it’s happens. I understand the administration of meds. The extra services or paying for the bed next to mine -well, not too happy. But our medical enterprise is all a scam anyhow.
And it’s true - mechanics try to sell what you don’t need.

Old 03-15-2020, 01:10 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,663,739 times
The thing is if the restrictions aren't heeded now, they will become more severe. Public health threat. Restrictions, in one week, have gotten more severe. There is no reason to believe they won't increase if the curve isn't flattening out.

Old 03-15-2020, 01:11 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
You don't get it. A state governor has no jurisdiction over federal employees or policy. All he can do is ask the feds for help. Which he did. If they decide to do nothing, there is nothing he can do.

No, I fully get it. What you don't get is that even though the governor does not have jurisdiction over federal employees, he can still talk to the boss of that federal agency and say hey, bob, we are going to get an influx of people coming through the airport, you may want to look into ramping up your personnel for the next few weeks. Unless you're saying that the federal government does not talk with any governor?

Old 03-15-2020, 01:15 PM

30,390 posts, read 19,184,321 times
Default Governor Cuomo - I'm Impressed

After watching Gov. Cuomo speech about what he is doing in New York to protect New Yorkers, I was about as impressed as a Republican can be of a Democrat.

Dems- you should nominate him over your current losers (excepting Tulsi as I would consider her as well).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies