Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2020, 07:46 PM

48,581 posts, read 35,023,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
And now we know why the high level Corona Virus meetings have been deemed classified.
This general situation in the White House has been reported in a lot of news stories. Keeping Trump "happy" and trying to deal with outbreak, without giving Trump news he doesn't want to hear.

The same ones who will say fake news, are just fine with anonymous stories out of China.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-12-2020, 07:48 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,467,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
Are they making it available for free?
My understanding is that if you are tested by CDC or a state/county health dept its free.

If you have your doc send a sample to a lab like Quest you would either have to pay yourself or use your insurance. As far as I know, insurances companies are covering the cost of the test fully.

Old 03-12-2020, 07:58 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,896,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
And now we know why the high level Corona Virus meetings have been deemed classified.
So if we can't flatten the curve, which is more difficult to do without testing, then resultant hundreds of thousands of lives that could potentially be lost will be on the president's head. He will own the body count for deliberately slowing the testing process.

Putting his own reelection over the lives of so many Americans when he is supposed to be working on our behalf. How does anybody think this man is fit to lead?

2,267 posts, read 1,950,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
This general situation in the White House has been reported in a lot of news stories. Keeping Trump "happy" and trying to deal with outbreak, without giving Trump news he doesn't want to hear.

The same ones who will say fake news, are just fine with anonymous stories out of China.

I'm just at a loss reading that....should he not be immediately removed from office? How many Americans are going to die because he wanted to protect his re-election chances?

6,913 posts, read 3,407,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
But except for the province of origin (Hubei Province), none of the Chinese provinces gets as bad as France, Germany, or Spain. Not to mention Italy.
Therefore China did make a lot of efforts to stop it.

(Many Chinese provinces have a higher population than Italy.)
The issue here is the hypocrisy of Acosta complaining about the name used, not the effort made or not made to stop it.

Old 03-12-2020, 08:02 PM

90,296 posts, read 120,991,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I think many parents will also stay at home.

From what I have observed, grandparents taking care of kids is not really common in Europe.
My daughter just called me to ask my availability for day care. She's a health care worker, can't work at home, has to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
oh maybe I got confused with my post - and I'm stuck for time or I would go check.

If I incorrectly posted -- I'm sorry.

And 'we' means everyone who has had to address the...'but it's just like the flu or the flu...."
Your "non-apology apology" accepted.

And did I ever say the bold. H*ll no! I've been carrying on about how this isn't the flu, dammit!

Old 03-12-2020, 08:10 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,361,804 times
The Administration appointed Robert Redfield head of the CDC in March 2018. This at the time:

"The Center for Science in the Public Interest released a statement urging the administration against naming him to the post, claiming a lack of experience in leading a public health agency, a history of scientific misconduct and support for HIV/AIDS policies that are opposed by most public health experts."

"What one wants in a director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is a scientist of impeccable scientific integrity. What one would get in Robert Redfield is a sloppy scientist with a long history of scientific misconduct and an extreme religious agenda," Peter Lurie, the center's director and president, said in a statement.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/21/healt...-bn/index.html

Trump surrounds himself with incompetents. And he is the worst. Why that was not obvious to anyone with common sense is beyond me. We are now paying the price.

Old 03-12-2020, 08:14 PM

30,275 posts, read 11,909,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
We saw in the first press conference of the newly formed task for how each speaker felt obligated to praise the leadership of Trump before communicating anything of importance. It was bizarre.

I agree that was bizarre and shows what is important to Trump.

Old 03-12-2020, 08:17 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,811,060 times
I blame the messaging from the White House for convincing my 86 yo mother to commit what I consider to be an act of lunacy.

Today she boarded a 4 hour flight across the US when the alternative was to take a ride in a private car driven my brother.

She said she would be fine and all of this is over blown.

Meanwhile...

All domestic flights and ferry traffic has been halted in and out of Manila as of March 15th.

I fly out of Cebu March 18th and worry the halt will be extended to all islands shortly.

Unlike the US, the Philippines has a chance to completely isolate much of the population since the virus can't swim. It does require halting all flights and ferry traffic between islands.

But it may not do much good..since long term the virus will likely be endemic and eventually reach everywhere.

Old 03-12-2020, 08:18 PM

30,275 posts, read 11,909,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Trump said again today that the testing was going smoothly. Either he doesn't know what he's talking about or he is outright lying. I usually assume the latter but this time I'm not sure. He had a "deer in the headlights" look in his eyes. He doesn't look well at all.

He could have the coronavirus or he reads the writing on the wall. The economy is about to take a huge tumble the likes that has never happened in this country and his chances of reelection are quickly evaporating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies