Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2020, 08:18 AM

13,966 posts, read 5,632,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Yes, that’s the ticket. I bet less government would halt Coronavirus right in its tracks.
That's exactly what will halt and cure coronavirus. Government got out of the way by letting private labs do what the FDA had been forbidding until this last week. Basically, less government will end up solving what more government couldn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
It was until the insurance & drug companies got involved.
At least the Dems had a plan.
Where is the Republican healthcare plan to fix ObamaCare?

Crickets
And almosr every working American saw their health insurance premiums jump even higher following that plan.

12,199 posts, read 7,230,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
It was until the insurance & drug companies got involved.
At least the Dems had a plan.
Where is the Republican healthcare plan to fix ObamaCare?

Crickets
We were doing better before Obama tried to “fix” the system. Two years ago Trump and the Republicans tried to repeal and replace failing Obamacare but none of you obstructionist Democrats would vote for it.

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CastletonSnob1 View Post
Also, I got turned down by THREE healthcare companies. I had to sign up for Medicaid to get disability. My mom says I don't really need the money, but only Medicaid would take me.

I heard that if you earn too much, you can lose your disability.

The healthcare system in America is a complete joke.
Ah... Medicaid. There's your problem. US Fed Gov health care. Get used to it. The lefties want even more of that.

Old 03-14-2020, 08:27 AM

78,444 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
A new law was passed saying that people who take ADHD meds have to visit a doctor every 3 months to get their meds.

Why does the healthcare system make people jump through hoops to get the stuff they need?

My mom says my insurance might not cover all the doctor visits, so we might have to pay for my meds out of pocket.

The American healthcare system is a joke.
Probably because if they don't monitor all of these people then some may commit suicide and then the family socks the doctors, drug companies, hospitals, insurance company and whomever else they can find for millions of dollars (each).

Everyone wants cadillac healthcare they just don't want to pay for it.

I'm not even against making some changes to our healthcare system at all.

I just think that you probably haven't seen all of the sides of the situation yet in your experience.

P.S. What do you think a doctor pays for malpractice insurance each year in a place like Miami (this is just the doctor, not the hospital or drug companies etc.) in specialties like ER or Ob/Gyn?

Spoiler
$200,000 or so

Old 03-14-2020, 08:27 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,253,841 times
You get disability for ADHD and you're complaining??????

So you pretty much get everything free. Please. Most others have to pay out the backside.

If you have to ask Mom about everything, you probably dont really know anything about healthcare.

Old 03-14-2020, 08:29 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,770,924 times
Quote:
A new law was passed saying that people who take ADHD meds have to visit a doctor every 3 months to get their meds.

Why does the healthcare system make people jump through hoops to get the stuff they need?

My mom says my insurance might not cover all the doctor visits, so we might have to pay for my meds out of pocket.

The American healthcare system is a joke.
Well how else are they gonna make you pay up every 3 months??

Old 03-14-2020, 08:32 AM

13,966 posts, read 5,632,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
You get disability for ADHD and you're complaining??????
Right?

We all pay for his meds, but he's pissed about having to stand in line for his free stuff every 90 days.

That's pretty funny. Entitled, thy name is....

Old 03-14-2020, 08:37 AM

5,717 posts, read 3,148,787 times
Nothing that another tax and another regulation won't fix.

Old 03-14-2020, 08:41 AM

11,802 posts, read 5,804,343 times
Quote:
Grow up? So, I'm just supposed to shut up and deal with a terrible system?
You can always go to Romania - https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/1...lized-medicine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies