Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2020, 02:59 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,414,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
While I'm not prepared to forecast that, I agree that it will be nowhere near the rhinovirus death rates. It's estimated that 2M children die every year from the common cold and flu.

There have been 8000 deaths worldwide in a little over 3 months and the planet is acting as if a million have died.

Think about that for a minute.

There's something else going on and this flu is being used as cover for nefarious reasons. I feel like this is some sort of test phase (PoC) for something else.
So, you want to wait to react only after a million people have died?

A cover for something else? Are you saying every country in the world is conspiring over something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2020, 03:01 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
I am amazed that we are willing to destroy the entire economy when the death toll is still low. I know the potential for a large number of deaths is possible but usually economy trumps all.

There probably has never been a time when so many people have been rooting for the stock market to crash. Not just here, but around the world. Trump politicized the stock market, and pinned his good name and reputation to the success or failure of it. That was not smart in my opinion, but if the market were to snap back... Well, it would be an epic success for him, especially if it were coupled with healthy inflation, rising wages, and a renewed sense of optimism.

Old 03-18-2020, 04:41 PM

4,025 posts, read 1,878,692 times
You're wrong, originalist. 4000 people died two months ago in China - and 3000 more died in the last two weeks in Italy.

so let's just use that. In two weeks, more people died in Italy, than typically die there from the flu in an entire year. And it wasn't county-wide.

Thus - the abundance of caution.

If there's a clever explanation for this "nefarious" killing of old Italians, I'd love to hear it. Otherwise - you're wrong. Accept it, wash your hands, and avoid people.

Old 03-18-2020, 05:26 PM

25,578 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307
There will be/have been 234,000 cases in US by Mar 31.

About 6,000 will die.

This summer the death toll will read 10,000 per month.
100's of thousands by the time there is a vaccine, with about 3 - 5 million cases.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
You're dreaming. It'll never happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Predictions are like a certain bodily orifice. Everybody has one.
The math is on my side.
I am using figures from Worldometer. I have been keeping records from Mar 3rd.
The rate of increase is now 29.6% per day over the last 10 days. Today seem to be a bit higher. I actually use 30%.
I will use 9,236 cases for today. That's the figure at this hour.

The figures now work out to 215,181 cases by Mar 31. Your challenge should be to prove me wrong.
WARNING: It's gonna be tough, because I am right

The liberals chided Trump when he said he thought the death rate was going to be less than 3.4%. Turned out he was right.
It's at 4% world wide, but only 1.6% in America.

My figures look right to me.

We haven't seen your work, but I would love to see it. Guesses do not count.

And all this is why I shorted the market on Mar 6th (DOG). My proclivity for crunching numbers, which served me so well in business, compelled me to start a spread sheet so that I can actually see what is happening. And I saw.
My short is up 40%.

Old 03-18-2020, 05:28 PM

25,447 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
The math is on my side.
I am using figures from Worldometer. I have been keeping records from Mar 3rd.
The rate of increase is now 29.6% per day over the last 10 days. Today seem to be a bit higher. I actually use 30%.
I will use 9,236 cases for today. That's the figure at this hour.

The figures now work out to 215,181 cases by Mar 31. Your challenge should be to prove me wrong.
WARNING: It's gonna be tough, because I am right

The liberals chided Trump when he said he thought the death rate was going to be less than 3.4%. Turned out he was right.
It's at 4% world wide, but only 1.6% in America.

My figures look right to me.

We haven't seen your work, but I would love to see it. Guesses do not count.
According to the WHO website, the death toll is already 9-10%
I'd rather listen to the experts than someone on CD doing math.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/18/healt...day/index.html

Old 03-18-2020, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
According to the WHO website, the death toll is already 9-10%
I'd rather listen to the experts than someone on CD doing math.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/18/healt...day/index.html
Wonderful
You announce a death toll of 9 to 10% and then reference a site that shows it to be 1.47%. ( 8500 cases; 140 deaths)
Trobe must be so proud.
Ya know ....... I think I'll just put you on ignore so you don't take up so much space on my screen.

Old 03-19-2020, 07:31 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
We already know Trump was wrong. This is a very big deal. You can continue to pretend otherwise, but the world at large disagrees with you. I was just on a conference call this morning with some market analysts and believe me, they are not seeing this as "just some old people dying." Get out of your echo chamber and get a clue as to what's happening around the globe right now.
You were on a conference call with a bunch of drama queens who think the sky is falling? lol I believe it. What's it like to panic and not have ones sensibilities still in tact?

The sky isn't falling, this is just more fake drama from the ones who have little sense of reality.

So the corona virus has killed less than 100 people in America, most of who had other life threatening conditions vs TB which is similar and killed 500 Americans in 2017 and 1.5 million world wide in 2018. But look, look at the corona virus.

You really don't know whats important and you prove it almost daily with your silly made up posts.

Old 03-19-2020, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You were on a conference call with a bunch of drama queens who think the sky is falling? lol I believe it. What's it like to panic and not have ones sensibilities still in tact?

The sky isn't falling, this is just more fake drama from the ones who have little sense of reality.

So the corona virus has killed less than 100 people in America, most of who had other life threatening conditions vs TB which is similar and killed 500 Americans in 2017 and 1.5 million world wide in 2018. But look, look at the corona virus.

You really don't know whats important and you prove it almost daily with your silly made up posts.
Soon it will be 100 a day.
I don't think it will ever be 1000 a day, but you will see 10,000 a month.

We're at about 9500 cases now and growing at 30% per day. Per day.
3rd of Mar was 106; 10th was 1300; 15th was 3600.
By the 21st it will be 20,000.
1.5% die.
Is it OK if your mother gets it? She's been vaccinated against TB and there is no vaccine for Coronavirus. No cure, either.

Old 03-19-2020, 07:50 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
This is unprecedented. Entering a Bear Market (loss of 20% of stock value) in just 10 days where in the 2008 crash it took 200+ days and all over 116 Coronavirus deaths, 95% of which are among the elderly??????

Corona may be serious but to bring an entire economy down over 116 deaths in over a 1-month period is the definition of insanity IMHO. When this things starts to die out by summer the US economy will be in shambles at this rate. We will learn that Trump was right all along--it was the most gigantic hoax ever perpetrated on the US people.
On the low end, the flu infected 35 million americans (or 19% of the population) last year , and about 34,000 people died(0.9%).

Corona virus has as of now infected 8,900 americans, with 153(1.7%) deaths.

if 35 million people had Coronavirus, that would be 595,000 people dead.

And lets be clear, the Coronavirus number is artificially low because of quarantines, the actual reproduction rate is 2.5, and the death rate is closer to 3.

This thing spreads faster and easier than the flu and is deadlier than it.

Old 03-19-2020, 10:27 AM

25,447 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Wonderful
You announce a death toll of 9 to 10% and then reference a site that shows it to be 1.47%. ( 8500 cases; 140 deaths)
Trobe must be so proud.
Ya know ....... I think I'll just put you on ignore so you don't take up so much space on my screen.
This is the information I got off the WHO site. Maybe I'm reading it wrong. But please feel free to ignore me.
CLOSED CASES
Cases which had an outcome:
86,256 (90%)
Recovered / Discharged

9,390 (10%)
Deaths
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies