Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2020, 11:45 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
If anyone wants/needs to buy TP. . . it's readily available on Ebay. Many who bought mega packages are selling it for mega bucks on Ebay. If not price gouging, they are charging a fortune to ship it.

Last I looked, there were 20,634 listings (per the headline on Ebay).

That's where you can buy it.

Won't be surprised to see some selling it for a fortune on street corners.
I don't know about now, but I heard the Dollar Store has TP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2020, 11:51 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,220,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
This is unprecedented. Entering a Bear Market (loss of 20% of stock value) in just 10 days where in the 2008 crash it took 200+ days and all over 116 Coronavirus deaths, 95% of which are among the elderly??????

Corona may be serious but to bring an entire economy down over 116 deaths in over a 1-month period is the definition of insanity IMHO. When this things starts to die out by summer the US economy will be in shambles at this rate. We will learn that Trump was right all along--it was the most gigantic hoax ever perpetrated on the US people.
Corona part of the issue. Saudi-Russia oil price war main issue.
Large hedge funds had over levered in oil contracts. Some funds were leveraged between 10-13%
I was wondering why QE 4 had started back in 2019 with Fed actions in overnight lending. I now know why.

Price collapsed, the selling began. Leading to more selling.

The Banks have been better controlled so hedge fund Mgrs. went to town.

Old 03-19-2020, 01:21 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Soon it will be 100 a day.
I don't think it will ever be 1000 a day, but you will see 10,000 a month.
It's the unknown that is causing people to panic imo.
China just announced it's on a huge decline there.

Quote:
We're at about 9500 cases now and growing at 30% per day. Per day.
3rd of Mar was 106; 10th was 1300; 15th was 3600.
By the 21st it will be 20,000.
1.5% die.
And yes it looks like Japan and other places have a remedy. It's been known for awhile how just taking vitamin C helps quit a bit. Odd that that same vitamin works for the flu too.

Quote:
Is it OK if your mother gets it? She's been vaccinated against TB and there is no vaccine for Coronavirus. No cure, either.
It's not about my mother or any other fake drama you try to create.

Again TB killed 1.5 million in one year recently yet no world wide call for a vaccine distribution is there? Why?

Old 03-19-2020, 01:23 PM

4,563 posts, read 4,105,282 times
Quote:
This is unprecedented. Entering a Bear Market (loss of 20% of stock value) in just 10 days where in the 2008 crash it took 200+ days and all over 116 Coronavirus deaths, 95% of which are among the elderly??????

Corona may be serious but to bring an entire economy down over 116 deaths in over a 1-month period is the definition of insanity IMHO. When this things starts to die out by summer the US economy will be in shambles at this rate. We will learn that Trump was right all along--it was the most gigantic hoax ever perpetrated on the US people.
No this is the definition of entitlement.

The people involved in the stock market are the most entitled individuals on the planet. The money has to be increasing at all times or they run away instantly and the costs become forced on everyone else.

Dividends and capital gains should be taxed at 90 percent with a marginal rate of 100 percent on anything over six figures. Want money? Go do real work.

Old 03-19-2020, 01:23 PM

20,873 posts, read 9,546,294 times
Quote:

The coronavirus was merely the pin that popped the bubble. That is why you're seeing what seems like outsized declines relative to the seeming threat of the virus.

The virus merely exposed the underlying weaknesses of the stock market.

Old 03-19-2020, 01:24 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
This is the information I got off the WHO site. Maybe I'm reading it wrong. But please feel free to ignore me.
CLOSED CASES
Cases which had an outcome:
86,256 (90%)
Recovered / Discharged

9,390 (10%)
Deaths
hmmmm these are KNOWN cases btw

Coronavirus Cases:
view by country

Deaths:
Recovered:

Currently Infected Patients
136,945 (95%)
in Mild Condition

7,185 (5%)
Serious or Critical

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

seems like someone is playing with the numbers??

Old 03-19-2020, 01:27 PM

19,814 posts, read 9,371,980 times
Quote:

I am not sure if "hoax" would ever be the right word for this, but "overreaction" MIGHT be if this turns out to be way, way, way overblown -- but I still think that it is much MUCH too soon to say that.

In just one way (meaning if the number of deaths in the U.S. don't exceed 10,000 or so), I will be happy, but I agree that many, MANY people will be upset if this was "much ado about [almost] nothing." (However, I doubt if those who have lost loved ones think that this was "nothing".)

Old 03-19-2020, 01:30 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,666,314 times
Record Bear Market in 10 Days Over 116 Deaths Mostly of Old People!

Well, hot **** and a shoeshine! Happy days are here again with a chicken in every pot! Thanks for the update.

Old 03-19-2020, 04:27 PM

2,486 posts, read 825,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
While I'm not prepared to forecast that, I agree that it will be nowhere near the rhinovirus death rates. It's estimated that 2M children die every year from the common cold and flu.

There have been 8000 deaths worldwide in a little over 3 months and the planet is acting as if a million have died.

Think about that for a minute.

There's something else going on and this flu is being used as cover for nefarious reasons. I feel like this is some sort of test phase (PoC) for something else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
the headline:

"Hannity warns 'media mob' is politicizing coronavirus..."

that's the point.

I'm not sure at what point of the 8 minutes you derive your quote. In the first 2 minutes he spoke of the politicization (and that is what was on the screen), and said "yes, we need to take all of these precautions".
I have not a clue where you're wandering off to. Hannity?

I'm talking about elitists who are not letting a good emergency go to waste and exploiting it for their own purposes.

This is an emergency. It is not something to be used for political purposes. Anyone, in a position to make this worse than it is and is exploiting it, should be brought up on charges.

It's one thing to be safe, quite another to perpetuate an irrational fear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
hmmmm these are KNOWN cases btw

Coronavirus Cases:
view by country

Deaths:
Recovered:

Currently Infected Patients
136,945 (95%)
in Mild Condition

7,185 (5%)
Serious or Critical

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

seems like someone is playing with the numbers??

Damn straight they are!!!

At this moment we have 10k people infected.

155 deaths.

The mortality rate is dropping big time. There will be 10s of thousands infected and the death rates will continue to fall.

I would bet a weeks pay it goes below 1% here in the US.

Old 03-19-2020, 06:51 PM

19,814 posts, read 9,371,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post

The mortality rate is dropping big time. There will be 10s of thousands infected and the death rates will continue to fall.

I would bet a weeks pay it goes below 1% here in the US.
Yes, I agree (or at least I do at this point). Please read the following, and also please note the writer's credentials at the bottom.

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/...hip-death-rate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies