Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2020, 07:49 AM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times

Advertisements

I'm going to the snow with the kids to play. No people on the MT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2020, 07:58 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if the so-called "preppers" weren't just as frantic as many others, trying to stock up on even more goods. The behavioral traits that drive them to be preppers or hoarders in the first place, might be magnified.
Bingo.

Old 03-20-2020, 08:00 AM

15,848 posts, read 6,547,612 times
In a few weeks there will be overwhelming amounts of toilet paper available. Prepping is mainly useful for end-of-civilization scenarios.

Old 03-20-2020, 08:05 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Preppers are a frustrated lot. They don't want to see civilization collapse, yet all their efforts are in vain if it doesn't.

So they clean their guns, count their ammo, and keep stocking a pantry that is overflowing, all while preaching doom and gloom.

Old 03-20-2020, 08:06 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,656,110 times
Didn’t prep and didn’t wait in any lines.

Just found TP at Whole Foods before going to work.

Old 03-20-2020, 08:09 AM

492 posts, read 234,696 times
Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if the so-called "preppers" weren't just as frantic as many others, trying to stock up on even more goods. The behavioral traits that drive them to be preppers or hoarders in the first place, might be magnified.
Exactly , who do you think is buying the toilet paper

Old 03-20-2020, 08:09 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Bingo.
Doubtful, preppers do things over time....not all at once...

And comparing a prepper to a hoarders is also basically useless...horders hord things whether they are needed or not. Preppers stockpile things that are useful and will be needed in the future.

Nice try though.

Old 03-20-2020, 08:11 AM

25,744 posts, read 12,824,670 times
Quote:
I agree, but they are still better prepared than the rest. I have the prepper trait, but try to keep it real, and not go overboard. I'm noting like the preppers you see on TV, but much better prepared than the typcial American.

I think most preppers feel an al-out Nuclear war is coming, or the entire power grid could be taken out for months. I'm guessing Pandemic is not their 1st concern, but maybe 3rd, or 4th.

Anyways, I've been holed up for 1 week now, and could easily go 3 more w/o any issues whatsoever. For now, I'm following the Presidents' 15-day self-Quarantine plan, and I'll go from there.

Old 03-20-2020, 08:12 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Preppers are a frustrated lot. They don't want to see civilization collapse, yet all their efforts are in vain if it doesn't.

So they clean their guns, count their ammo, and keep stocking a pantry that is overflowing, all while preaching doom and gloom.
LOL....let me guess....some of your friends are far right preppers and that's all they talk about...right? Just like in the CV19 thread...all the lefties/dems/libs always know someone who is on the far right...ALWAYS....

Old 03-20-2020, 08:13 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,547,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I agree, but they are still better prepared than the rest. I have the prepper trait, but try to keep it real, and not go overboard. I'm noting like the preppers you see on TV, but much better prepared than the typcial American.

I think most preppers feel an al-out Nuclear war is coming, or the entire power grid could be taken out for months. I'm guessing Pandemic is not their 1st concern, but maybe 3rd, or 4th.

Anyways, I've been holed up for 1 week now, and could easily go 3 more w/o any issues whatsoever. For now, I'm following the Presidents' 15-day self-Quarantine plan, and I'll go from there.

No fear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies