Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2020, 10:57 AM

4,021 posts, read 1,799,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Do you have short term memory loss? Did i say CA has shortage of food?

Let me repeat this...again. There is a shortage of TP, wipes, sanitizer, canned food, and nonperishable food. Fresh and perishable food are still available, but definitely not as plentiful like before.

Ask me how i know all that.
You're wasting your time...he is either thick as a brick or just playing us at this point. No other explanation possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2020, 11:23 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,345,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
Stop being an *****. You don't live in my area. NONE of those things were available as of a couple days ago.
Bull. I ordered TP from Target.com a few days. Ago. I saw it in grocery store yesterday. It's available.
Quote:
And I may use a mask occasionally when entering a place where I feel at risk.....duh.....are you 10 years old or what?
And what mask? Surgical masks are useless. The only masks that work are only usable if you're trained in their application and replace every few minutes. You might as well wear a Halloween mask.

There is no reason to wear a mask unless you're close to potential infected and you know exactly what you're doing.

Old 03-20-2020, 11:25 AM

21,867 posts, read 25,161,984 times
Quote:
Pasta
TP
Dog food
Masks
Bullets
Water
How many home invaders have you made dead with the bullets?

Old 03-20-2020, 11:28 AM

I just looked at Target.com for the heck of it. TP is available for every brand in my local Target.

Gee, why didn't I build a bunker and buy a year's worth of TP?

Old 03-20-2020, 11:32 AM

17,308 posts, read 12,255,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Bull. I ordered TP from Target.com a few days. Ago. I saw it in grocery store yesterday. It's available.

And what mask? Surgical masks are useless. The only masks that work are only usable if you're trained in their application and replace every few minutes. You might as well wear a Halloween mask.

There is no reason to wear a mask unless you're close to potential infected and you know exactly what you're doing.
So it hasn't hit your area yet.

Here in WA you can't get any such paper products unless you physically get to that aisle within 5 minutes of opening. The entire meat section is wiped out of everything...but the vegan meat substitutes. All non-perishables are gone.

They say wearing a mask is useful if you are infected to avoid spreading. But there's really no way to know if you are infected and being a spreader. So clearly, wearing one pre-emptively would be useful. If you did test positive, where would you get a mask now? It really is just a supply issue and rationing guidelines, not really a message about effectiveness.

Old 03-20-2020, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
I'm in NYC. We have tons of cases.

Why do you think Covid-19 will affect grocery stores? No one has answered this question. It will affect your health and 401k and maybe your job, but you can still get your Fruity Pebbles.
Quote:
Here in WA you can't get any such paper products unless you physically get to that aisle within 5 minutes of opening. The entire meat section is wiped out of everything...but the vegan meat substitutes. All non-perishables are gone.
I don't believe this, for a second. You also don't have Target.com, Walmart.com or Amazon.com either? You want me to send you TP and meat?

Here's Target website searching for Meat, in Spokane, WA. Local stores have plenty of meat:
https://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=meat

Old 03-20-2020, 11:39 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,596,290 times
Quote:

They say wearing a mask is useful if you are infected to avoid spreading. But there's really no way to know if you are infected and being a spreader. So clearly, wearing one pre-emptively would be useful. If you did test positive, where would you get a mask now? It really is just a supply issue and rationing guidelines, not really a message about effectiveness.
You didn't get the memo?

If you have no problem getting TP or whatever item in your city, then other cities 2000 miles away should not have a problem either.

Yes, i was being sarcastic

Old 03-20-2020, 11:40 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 4 days ago)

27,185 posts, read 13,469,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Why people need to stop hoarding. So I'll give credit to preppers for not panic buying.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XzdRs9LPj2M
LOL - Fruit and Veg is hardly prepping, and my local shops are fine, it's mainly big supermarkets and places like Costco that tend to attract panic buyers.

Large Supermarkets have now brought in measures restricting certain itels to three per customer.

Old 03-20-2020, 11:42 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if the so-called "preppers" weren't just as frantic as many others, trying to stock up on even more goods. The behavioral traits that drive them to be preppers or hoarders in the first place, might be magnified.
Of course.

No harm in getting just a little more ... and a little more ... and a little more ...

Old 03-20-2020, 11:45 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,596,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
I'm in NYC. We have tons of cases.

Why do you think Covid-19 will affect grocery stores? No one has answered this question. It will affect your health and 401k and maybe your job, but you can still get your Fruity Pebbles.

I don't believe this, for a second. You also don't have Target.com, Walmart.com or Amazon.com either? You want me to send you TP and meat?

Here's Target website searching for Meat, in Spokane, WA. Local stores have plenty of meat:
https://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=meat
Ordering TP from Torrance, CA
https://ibb.co/SsZV0wL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies