Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2020, 10:27 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,598,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
What specifically have you had to use from your prepper stash so far?
So far?

Diapers for my son
TPs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2020, 10:28 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,848,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Also, for all those who are now hording rolls and rolls of TP....I don't ever want to hear about how many guns/ammo/magazine...I have in my possession.

Haha!!

Old 03-20-2020, 10:30 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,848,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Preppers are a frustrated lot. They don't want to see civilization collapse, yet all their efforts are in vain if it doesn't.

So they clean their guns, count their ammo, and keep stocking a pantry that is overflowing, all while preaching doom and gloom.

It's better to have it and not need it, than it is to need it and not have it.

Old 03-20-2020, 10:30 AM

4,021 posts, read 1,800,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
If your claim is that supermarkets have bare shelves, then yes, I do believe you're making it up, or massively ill-informed. I bought meat, fresh produce and other foodstuffs yesterdays, same as always.

There is no place in Orange County (or anywhere in the U.S.) where the supermarkets have been ransacked, which doesn't even make sense. Why would the virus make it harder for delivery trucks to access destinations? Why would people be eating more Cheerios?
Speak for yourself. Just because it is fine where you live doesn't mean everywhere is the same.

I went out yesterday down into a large suburban area just to scope things out and there were PLENTY of bare shelves...in the big box stores, the large supermarkets, and the little corner markets. Not ALL shelves were bare, but plenty enough to make ya wake up and take notice.

Suggestion: Try not to sound like such a know-it-all...because you're proving that you are clearly not with every post.....

Old 03-20-2020, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Yes, happy to make that bet. Even in virus-ravaged Italy, grocery stores are well stocked.

You need to worry about your immune system and your 401k, not whether or not Count Chocula is running out.
Ok. I am going to quote this so you cant delete this.

We are not talking about Italy. We are talking about CALIFORNIA.

There is nothing anyone can do about their 401k and immune system. You can only do what you can to prepare yourself for a natural or manmade disasters

Old 03-20-2020, 10:42 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,345,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
Pasta
TP
Dog food
Masks
Bullets
Water
All those things are available in stores, same as normal.

Also, what "masks"? You're walking around your house in a mask?

Old 03-20-2020, 10:43 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,345,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Ok. I am going to quote this so you cant delete this.

We are not talking about Italy. We are talking about CALIFORNIA.

There is nothing anyone can do about their 401k and immune system. You can only do what you can to prepare yourself for a natural or manmade disasters
California will not have a shortage of food. Period.

You might die of Covid-19, you might have your 401k eviscerated, but you will not have a problem finding Cheerios.

Old 03-20-2020, 10:44 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,730,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if the so-called "preppers" weren't just as frantic as many others, trying to stock up on even more goods. The behavioral traits that drive them to be preppers or hoarders in the first place, might be magnified.
Nope, but this is a good opportunity to rotate stock of my shelves. Than I help stimulate the economy after it all over by replenishing ......

Old 03-20-2020, 10:49 AM

Quote:
California will not have a shortage of food. Period.

You might die of Covid-19, you might have your 401k eviscerated, but you will not have a problem finding Cheerios.
Do you have short term memory loss? Did i say CA has shortage of food?

Let me repeat this...again. There is a shortage of TP, wipes, sanitizer, canned food, and nonperishable food. Fresh and perishable food are still available, but definitely not as plentiful like before.

Ask me how i know all that.

Old 03-20-2020, 10:56 AM

4,021 posts, read 1,800,444 times
Quote:
All those things are available in stores, same as normal.

Also, what "masks"? You're walking around your house in a mask?
Stop being an *****. You don't live in my area. NONE of those things were available as of a couple days ago.

I will gladly post pictures of empty shelves of said items if you will pay me $100 each for my time.

And I may use a mask occasionally when entering a place where I feel at risk.....duh.....are you 10 years old or what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies