Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2020, 08:12 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,906,574 times

Advertisements

In order to reach the casualty total from the 9/11 attack, 100 people would need to die in NYC every day for the next 30 days! After 9/11, things were pretty much back to normal within a month. Within a year, the whole thing was almost forgotten (except on 9/11 anniversaries).

Draw your own conclusions.

Old 03-26-2020, 08:13 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Nope, just like with this one.
Thank you ... I'd add additional comments, but I think people should be able to understand the obvious. Except in the case of my kids ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
And yes, on his opening comment. Will continue watching later, ty.

Old 03-26-2020, 08:16 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
The only ones that keep beinging up "It's a hoax" are a few disgruntled liberals who have never gotten over losing the 2016 election, and so keep telling lies about Presidet Trump.

The connection? They keep insisting HE said coronavirus was a hoax. But he never did. And when you ask them to back up their shouts, they either ignore you or even vanish completely from the thread.

Nobody thinks it's a hoax, and never did. Except those few Trump-haters who keep bringing it up in hopes of fooling normal people.

I especially don't understand the last poster you quoted. From what I see, other Canadians don't get emotional in their criticism of Trump, but she does. I've asked her several times why that is, especially given that Trump is the President of a country she doesn't live in and isn't a citizen of. She doesn't answer. Perhaps thinking this is sexist, but I wonder if there was a man in her past who she thinks was a lot like Trump who screwed her over.

Old 03-26-2020, 08:17 PM

1,710 posts, read 1,463,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
The issue is protecting those who are at risk, weakened by illness, or with impaired immune systems. We all know or are related to those people. This is not a manufactured crisis for them.

If this was "manufactured" there is an implication that someone would benefit on a global scale from the crisis. Who benefits from killing 8,000 Italians or 300 Germans? Nobody is making this up.
Yeah when China depends on making .02 cent widgets and having the US buy them and shipped back to the US....its difficult to imagine how they benefit from locking down our economy. The reality is some dude ate a bat, China let it get out of hand and now its a global problem.

Hopefully the world sticks it to China when everyone comes out side again and makes them suffer hard for it.

Old 03-26-2020, 08:18 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,329,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post
Death Count per year (in U.S.)

Heart Disease = 647,000
Cancer = 606,000
The Flu = 12,000 to 60,000
Medical Errors and mistakes = 250,000

Automobile accident deaths (U.S.) = 40,000
Automobile accident deaths (worldwide) = Over 1,000,000

Unintentional falling deaths = 36,000
Unintentional poisoning deaths = 64,000

-------------------------------------------------

And then we have Covid-19 which has already likely spread to millions of Americans, but most will probably not realize they have it because the symptoms are very mild for the vast majority of people -- also meaning they likely won't get tested for it either.

Thus far, it's suspected that one thousand people have died from the virus so far in the U.S. -- although many of these deaths might also be related to underlying pre-existing conditions.

You have a far better chance of being killed by your doctor prescribing you the wrong drug or making a medical error than you do from dying from corona virus.

I cannot believe how idiotic our government is, basically collapsing our economy over something akin to the common cold or a strong seasonal flu. If the economy totally collapses and doctors & nurses refuse to go to work because they aren't getting paid, then you'll find out quickly what a real crisis is!

People need to stop living in fear and get back to work.

Jesus F-ing Christ... Will you people stop pleas? This isn't the flu. This isn't a joke. This is a global pandemic that might kill many millions. Have a little common sense and let go of your trump-cult stupidity long enough for the pros to deal with this serious problem. Good God I'm stunned by how stupid some people are.

Old 03-26-2020, 08:20 PM

39,872 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
He's not doing anything except talking.

Thousands of scientists, researcher and doctors around the world ARE trying and nothing will get in the way once true data exists.

Until then you actually can harm a lot of people as well as give false hope and encourage bad behavior with spewing BS.

No, Vitamin C doesn't work. Testing shows basic anti-malarial doesn't work (China and many others are testing and working).....

Yet people are already hoarding drugs off-label and buying strange things.....and they may not be taking things as seriously because a "cure" is right around the corner.

Patience. They are working and the FDA is not going to get in the way of a fairly safe compound if it is proven and "does no harm". It has zero to do with the POTUS.....or who the POTUS is.

It is, in fact, the science that the GOP usually does not believe in.
That I don't buy. The FDA is a regulatory agency-that throws up regulations in order to cover their own a$$. They would rather risk people dying than risk "blessing" a not-completely-tested drug. Their regulations had to be suspended to allow private firms to produce coronavirus test kits. Same with ventilators. The FDA leans so much on the side of caution that people are dying while new drugs and treatments work their way through their bureaucracy.

Old 03-26-2020, 08:20 PM

4,556 posts, read 3,756,246 times
Quote:
'Medical care' is overrated.
The pharmaceutical industry is the major financial backer for most student medical programs and many hospitals.

I can knock out any virus with the herbs and natural remedies I have at home, but it will take doctors and scientists many months or years to create a stupid vaccine.

Oh lord, brother. Is this how you act in real life or just in this fantasy internet world?

Without educating yourself like a physician, no one takes you seriously.

This C-D Politics forums seems like a joke every time I come here.

Old 03-26-2020, 08:24 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,329,046 times
Quote:
'Medical care' is overrated.
The pharmaceutical industry is the major financial backer for most student medical programs and many hospitals.

I can knock out any virus with the herbs and natural remedies I have at home, but it will take doctors and scientists many months or years to create a stupid vaccine.

Promise me that you won't go to the doctor if you get the Corona Virus. That's all I ask.

Old 03-26-2020, 08:25 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
Nevermind anything else you've posted that I didn't bold, I'll just say what I've bolded - if more people agree with you, so be it.

*I'm smarter than my doctor
* every human, even doctors, is always greedy and selfish
I knew better than to get a $200 med that I can get an OTC that does the same job and costs 0.5% the price. That doctor was gonna schedule me for a CT scan for headaches and that didn't happen because of costs. I told him, I couldn't afford it. Yet his script was for $200 med... A lot of doctors don't listen to their patients in that aspect.

Old 03-26-2020, 08:25 PM

609 posts, read 265,051 times
Masterful Man: Herbs or essential oils won't cure Covid virus. Sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies