Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2020, 06:25 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,616,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
Nobody can even find any of the victims.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

There's no way to confirm that this is even happening.
LOL, sure there is!! Go thru the family members, I dont think they are withholding the names to anyone.

Old 03-26-2020, 06:26 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,687,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
That is sensationalism. Place to store the dead bodies? Seriously? That’s some major panic right there.

Look at raw numbers. Compare to population numbers. The percentage infected is very small.
What is "small"? Basics are that experts say about 10X the counted number are likely infected.

That's 1 million.

It will be 2 million or so in two weeks and I am being conservative.

Is that small? That would make our rate of infection 100X as big as China when adjusted for population.

Old 03-26-2020, 06:27 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,583,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post
More and more I hear and read about this whole fiasco, the more it seems unreal.

Seems you would prefer to focus on spurious Internet news sources rather than simply turn on the 7:00 PM News - any channel.

A perfect example of looking for sources that support a strongly held position.

Old 03-26-2020, 06:27 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,056,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Spain, Italy and Iran probably don't think this is a manufactured crisis, the OP needs to spend some time in in one of these ICU's in Brooklyn or Manhattan. Comparing this to the common cold should make you leave the troll thread.

Covid-19 is a member of the corona virus family which the common cold belongs to.
It's literally just a new strain of the common cold.

Italy's death rate figures are bogus. They're lumping old people dying of natural causes into the covid-19 heap. The pathologists have not had time to confirm who has died of what, they're just lumping all people dying into the covid 19 category.

Italy has a ton of old people too, kind of like Japan.
Old people dying off is nothing to be concerned about, unless you're an elderly person.

Old 03-26-2020, 06:28 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,803,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
For some time people were hoping warmer weather could stop it. But there are more and more cases in Brazil now, where temps are still in the 80's.
As bad as the numbers in the US are now and will shortly become, I anticipate numbers in Brazil will soon be far higher.

210 million people of whom over 50 million live in poverty
25 million are packed into top 4 cities
Unlike Africa, median age is surprisingly high at 32 years

Likely cases will not be able to be counted and officials will have to use the number of grave sites.

Old 03-26-2020, 06:29 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,056,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Seems you would prefer to focus on spurious Internet news sources rather than simply turn on the 7:00 PM News - any channel.

Yeah ok man, I should just trust what my TV tells me?

9,196 posts, read 7,238,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
Nobody can even find any corona virus victims

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=176&v=kamZlRikarU&feature=emb_ logo[/url]
Seriously? A co-worker I sat across from for 4 years has been sick for weeks and died from it this morning. Early 40s, no pre-existing conditions. My husband is sick from it right now.

38,936 posts, read 23,916,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Ain't a damn person in this thread donating anything....You might say you are or will.....but nope....
I already said I will need the two guaranteed checks and potential others, especially with summer camp for my district being up in the air due to things being as up in the air as they are right now. I cannot get a fourth job at the moment (my second job for now is in its off-season until July and my third job I cannot do due to my first until the next break) because my first job is inconsistent on which days I am needed. It is once a week for sure, but I can be called in more and "expected to be at home 'working.'"

Old 03-26-2020, 06:30 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,687,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
LOL, sure there is!! Go thru the family members, I dont think they are withholding the names to anyone.
Famous and well known people are now dying. It doesn't take much intelligence to understand that if people who are well known have died in the last two days, there are people dying....

Are these posters really saying that the 1,000 deaths are fake? Watch the numbers tic up and quite soon many of us will know people who have it. Then we will know people who die from it. Even in our small towns in W. Mass. there are starting to be a lot of cases...the Mayor has it!

No matter what the number is, some of these sociopaths will claim it is small.

Old 03-26-2020, 06:30 PM

43,142 posts, read 18,306,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
For some time people were hoping warmer weather could stop it. But there are more and more cases in Brazil now, where temps are still in the 80's.
WHO had already stated they had evidence that warm weather had no effect on killing it.

WHO even has a myth buster page:
https://www.who.int/emergencies/dise...c/myth-busters
COVID-19 virus can be transmitted in areas with hot and humid climates

From the evidence so far, the COVID-19 virus can be transmitted in ALL AREAS, including areas with hot and humid weather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies