Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2021, 04:27 PM

3,006 posts, read 1,493,228 times

Advertisements

Normality standards change constantly, with occasional big rapid changes. We have some huge stuff coming over the next few decades. People who kept their jobs and homes had some time to think about their lives and futures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2021, 04:32 PM

7,118 posts, read 4,536,107 times
Our festivals and rodeo are back. Being fully vaccinated I have no problem with this.

Old 05-23-2021, 04:58 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,809,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattering Heights View Post
Normality standards change constantly, with occasional big rapid changes. We have some huge stuff coming over the next few decades. People who kept their jobs and homes had some time to think about their lives and futures.
This. What we considered normal 50 years ago is no longer normal today. What we consider normal today probably won’t be normal 50 years from now. Things change, people change what they like or dislike.

If some come out of this pandemic and want to abandon old normal for a new normal they prefer, who cares? Their choices won’t effect the folks who prefer old normal. To each his own.

Old 05-24-2021, 07:33 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
Schools will probably require masks for a long time at least most of them because we have to keep the teacher safe. Certainly we don't want to deal with our own children so we have to hire paid professionals who work hard everyday with our germ laden children
I don't think so. I know many teachers who hated them regardless of political belief. The district I work for ended their mask mandate for staff and students the end of the 2020-2021 school year. And this was prior to the new CDC guidelines. I also don't think parents want. I see a lot of in district parents complain about masks in a Facebook group. I really think next year regardless of who can get a shot or not and who is antivax, we will not have masks.

Old 05-24-2021, 07:45 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
This. What we considered normal 50 years ago is no longer normal today. What we consider normal today probably won’t be normal 50 years from now. Things change, people change what they like or dislike.

If some come out of this pandemic and want to abandon old normal for a new normal they prefer, who cares? Their choices won’t effect the folks who prefer old normal. To each his own.
More than a little disingenuous to compare 50 years of natural change, to the almost overnight societal upheaval and economic destruction wrought by governments swatting at an invisible virus.

Old 05-24-2021, 08:05 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,932,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
More than a little disingenuous to compare 50 years of natural change, to the almost overnight societal upheaval and economic destruction wrought by governments swatting at an invisible virus.
How silly of them to think that something they can't see could hurt them! That Pasteur guy was nuts.

Old 05-24-2021, 09:43 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
How silly of them to think that something they can't see could hurt them! That Pasteur guy was nuts.
Did you miss the point on purpose?

Old 05-26-2021, 02:44 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaleyRocks View Post
I love social distancing and hope it’s here forever. My preference has nothing to do with COVID fears, I just hate people being close to me. I love the six feet of distance. I’d love to go to a sporting event or Broadway show and have people (not in my party) be six feet away. Even better if it could happen on an airplane.

I especially love it when I’m waiting in a line. Back off folks. Keep yourself and your impatience 6 feet from my personal bubble.

I know my post sounds sarcastic, but I’m 100% genuine. For me, this has been one of the positives to come out of this.
That would be great if it was still applied to random people (would still want to be able to say take a picture with a public figure I admire but that's about it). Even before COVID was a thing, my mom and I would go to the store and take a detour to an an abandoned aisle so we could avoid being in anyone's way or them in ours.

Old 05-26-2021, 03:36 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
Schools will probably require masks for a long time at least most of them because we have to keep the teacher safe. Certainly we don't want to deal with our own children so we have to hire paid professionals who work hard everyday with our germ laden children
Not in Texas. Mask mandates by the schools are banned statewide by Governor Abbott starting on June 4, which is a week from Friday.

Old 05-26-2021, 04:06 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Not in Texas. Mask mandates by the schools are banned statewide by Governor Abbott starting on June 4, which is a week from Friday.
Just because there is no mandate doesn't mean people won't be wearing them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies