Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2020, 11:46 AM

25,751 posts, read 12,832,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
where are you people getting and believing these myths?
Read the story in the link in my initial post here, and then fact-check it elsewhere on the Internet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2020, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I have one. They are about $15. 94-99 is normal unless you have COPD or smoke. They are good for your first aid kit, especially if you have kids with asthma or who get respiratory bugs.
Try to get one of them now! I gave up down here in Florida. I won't buy things on the internet, but my wife will, so I'll ask her to see if she can get us one.

Old 04-24-2020, 11:52 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,955,245 times
I have one, I got it for high altitude 02 monitoring for supplemental oxygen.

My usual reading is 94-96. If I take a few deep breaths it goes to 100. Around 10,000 ft and up it will drop to 85-92 and I'll huff bottled oxygen for a day or two to avoid getting a headache until I acclimate. At 10,000 ft there is about 20% less 02 in the air.

I use the Equate from Walmart, about $38. They had 4 on the shelf at our local WM the other day I noticed.

Old 04-24-2020, 11:53 AM

I wonder if fever precedes a drop in Oxygen in the blood? If so, a Themometer will do the trick.

Why don't the grocery stores have a person at the entry taking everyone's temp prior to entering using the instant "radar gun" looking no-touch instant thermometers?

Old 04-24-2020, 11:55 AM

13,966 posts, read 5,630,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
I have one...

I use the Equate from Walmart, about $38. They had 4 on the shelf at our local WM the other day I noticed.
Impossible, and I don't believe you for one second.

Any device or equipment related to health can only happen if the President of the United States chooses to make it happen. Walmart cannot possibly carry such devices, as WalMart is not part of the Executive Branch, and ONLY the Executive branch of the federal government can provide PPE, testing equipment, monitoring equipment, etc.

You have to be lying.

Old 04-24-2020, 11:57 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,955,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Impossible, and I don't believe you for one second.

Any device or equipment related to health can only happen if the President of the United States chooses to make it happen. Walmart cannot possibly carry such devices, as WalMart is not part of the Executive Branch, and ONLY the Executive branch of the federal government can provide PPE, testing equipment, monitoring equipment, etc.

You have to be lying.
Bwahaha! You funny. Reps to you!

Actually I'm pretty sure Walmart and the Waltons are behind this whole thing. They developed covid in their secret labs in China as part of their evil plan to take over the world. Look at their stock. Have every competitor forced to close by govt decree. Brilliant!

Old 04-24-2020, 12:05 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,223,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhpartridge View Post
Apparently a lot of people have just been sent home without tests and then died without being treated. I hope I would have better luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
where are you people getting and believing these myths?
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Read the story in the link in my initial post here, and then fact-check it elsewhere on the Internet.
after you reread this post, go back and look at my first post that explains a reading of 90, please.

I wasn't close to saying the use of a pulse oximeter was a myth. It's the idea that a lot of people are symptomatic but being turned away and dying at home - that's the myth.

Old 04-24-2020, 02:14 PM

15,850 posts, read 6,551,421 times
Quote:
It got removed, so its no longer there....odd coincidence isn't it?
Not if the app. proved inaccurate. Getting medical information correct is important.

Old 04-24-2020, 02:22 PM

7,242 posts, read 4,553,546 times
Increased heart rate is a symptom of low o2. So if your heart rate is relatively stable you are fine.

Actually I think I had Covid in early January. Something interesting happened that hadn't before... my fever spiked and my heart rate was through the roof. 110 (normally 60) I actually called the nurse at the practice to see if I should go to the ER. She said only if it didn't go down -- it did but it took hours, motrin, and lots of water.

Old 04-24-2020, 02:28 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,860,502 times
Quote:
https://www.startribune.com/what-i-l...nia/569857042/

I read about this in the Health and Wellness forum this morning. This device is an early warning system for drops in oxygen levels in your blood that you might not even realize has occured due to C-19. The drop in Oxygen can preceed the difficulty in breathing.

Knowing WHEN to seek medical help is the problem this device might solve.

I'm not sure at what level of Oxygen would call for a trip to the doctor/hospital...still learning on the fly here, but wanted to get this out to a wider audience w/o delay.

AnasthesiaMD...you out there? What Oxygen level in blood is so low it is considered "seek professional medical attn?"
I’m not a doctor, but I recently listened to an interview with a doctor about this very topic. She said that a normal blood oxygen level is above 95% She said that levels as low as 90% aren’t necessarily serious but that it’s not normal. Some patients have come into ERs with blood oxygen as low as 50-60% (It’s called silent hypoxia) and by that point may beyond what medicine can do for them.

So, above 95% is normal (the higher the better) and 90% or lower is a sign of a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies