Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2020, 06:30 PM

37,106 posts, read 41,277,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
MANY. They are inflating the numbers. Now if someone dies with symptoms of COVID, even if they are in the final stages of cancer, they will be counted as a COVID death. No test is required.

P.S. My dad, may he RIP, had been on a long, slow decline toward death for several months. (He was in his mid-90s.) In the last hours, his breathing became labored. This was many months before COVID, but I have to wonder if his death would have been attributed to that, were it to occur today. (Breathing difficulties is the obvious symptom.)
No. The entire clinical course has to be compatible with COVID-19. An agonal breathing pattern would not qualify.

If someone with cancer dies with COVID-19, it is most likely that COVID-19, not the cancer, killed him now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
About a month ago I was worried. I got chills that lasted for a week, so bad that any contact felt cold like I put bare hands on a chain in 30°F weather (think sunburn hot contact but, cold). I was coughing quite a bit for a few days. I felt extremely weak, like my body was collapsing under its own weight (I'm 6' 205 so not too bad) but, it felt like random joints were just failing. I got wheezed for nothing, like getting up and walking to the bathroom too fast had me huffing and puffing a little.

I feel fine now, can run up stairs and walk fast, I'm springy again (well as much as I was or wasn't). I still wear the mask and gloves out of respect for some others.

Still I don't know what I had. I am still more inclined to believe that fatality numbers are being inflated (any death not obviously caused by physical trauma is to be labeled as CV19 related) due to an attempt by the media / government to scare people into willingly accepting a "vaccine" with a digital tattoo.

That last part must be fought. My history is shaky but, I seem to remember a war, between like 1939 and 1945, where millions of people were tattooed with numbers and subsequently exterminated, I believe the whole world was involved...
No, any death not due to trauma is not being attributed to COVID-19. The clinical course must be compatible with the disease.

There is no vaccine with a "digital" tattoo. There is a technology that would allow a tattoo to be read with certain wavelengths of light, but it is geared toward areas where medical record keeping is iffy. It would also be voluntary, unlike the tattoos to which you referred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
I don't know anyone who had/has it. I don’t know anyone who knows anyone who has/had it. And thanks to 2nd homeowners and renter refugees we are *supposedly* one of the hardest hit areas in the state.

I know quite a few people in the healthcare field, including my brother who works in a very busy hospital, and said they were never "overwhelmed" with actual cases, but were overwhelmed by paranoid hypochondriacs. The fear was so great that many people who had a sniffle panicked and went to the ER.

It was also confirmed to me that many deaths were systematically rubber stamped covid with no positive confirmation. The stats are wildly inaccurate, or at least were. Seems with better testing available now the numbers may be becoming more accurate. Maybe.
No, there is no rubber stamping of deaths. The clinical course must be compatible with COVID-19.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2020, 10:47 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,757,549 times
I was kidding about the Bill Gates comment. Sarcasm . But this thing is real and containment failed early on and I put the blame smack dab on the president. He had Intel early on. He could have told us to mainline Clorox and take shots of Lysol back in December. We would have been virus free. (And dead)

Old 05-04-2020, 01:49 AM

6,345 posts, read 2,900,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Same here. I've had many of the symptoms, but since it didn't become severe, my doctor told me to stay home. I will definitely get the antibody test as soon as it's available.

I know several people who have/had it, and some relatives have had friends who died from it or are fighting for their lives. The virus is definitely real, and it's around.
Mine was like a stomach flu but it was so bad that I would pass out after 15-20 minutes if I wasn't in bed. I never had any illness do that to me. I also had the most intense body aches I have ever experienced and a bad fever with chills. At times I felt both hot and cold at the same time. That lasted for 36 hours. I missed one day of work then I was back at it. I had dizzy spells for an entire month though. I hear Roche has a new antibody test that is extremely accurate. Hopefully my state health commissioner will tell us that it is acceptable and I will be able to get it soon.

Quote:
Roche announced that its test is 100% accurate at detecting coronavirus antibodies and 99.8% accurate at ruling out the presence of those antibodies, meaning only one in 500 tests will get a false positive.
https://qz.com/1850518/roches-new-co...more-accurate/

Old 05-04-2020, 11:55 AM

302 posts, read 182,692 times
A woman in my neighborhood had it. She was hospitalized but is now home and recovered, doing fine. She is in her late 50s, but 2 years ago she was diagnosed with thyroid cancer, which I believe is in remission. Her husband has a heart problem, was not allowed to see her in the hospital but did not get it. I am so glad they are both OK.

Old 05-04-2020, 12:16 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,806,335 times
I live in downstate New York so I know of many people who had or have it. Two I know personally. One 50s and had a bad case but was able to recover at home. One morbidly obese who had no symptoms at all- his wife was sick so he was able to get tested. I know of two people hospitalized- both thankfully recovered.

For all those talking about how the death counts are inflated, the opposite is probably true. This was spreading in the US before we knew it was here. Deaths compared to January and February last year are higher after being adjusted for Covid. I can't even imagine what these numbers would have looked like if we didn't shut down when we did. We should have shut down sooner like they did on the West Coast.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...oll-total.html

Old 05-04-2020, 12:50 PM

36,530 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
MANY. They are inflating the numbers. Now if someone dies with symptoms of COVID, even if they are in the final stages of cancer, they will be counted as a COVID death. No test is required.

P.S. My dad, may he RIP, had been on a long, slow decline toward death for several months. (He was in his mid-90s.) In the last hours, his breathing became labored. This was many months before COVID, but I have to wonder if his death would have been attributed to that, were it to occur today. (Breathing difficulties is the obvious symptom.)
Presently my grandsons friends grandma is in the hospital. She is on a ventilator and they aren't giving much hope. She has been on oxygen for years, copd I think. Has been sick for awhile. I am wondering if they will site her death as Covid.

Old 05-04-2020, 01:20 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,128,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I don't seem to recall anybody on here saying they were actually sick from COVID-19 as confirmed from a positive test. So if you were positive what was the illness like to endure?
That's a question I've been asking for a very long time. No one I know has it. No one I know knows anyone who's had it. I've not had it. Kind of odd, figuring the total tear down of the economy from a shutdown and 50% of everyone I see running around with their doomsday props on.

Old 05-04-2020, 01:21 PM

So if someone flips out because they can't take the covid-19 shutdown, leaves a note about it and commits suicide, will authorities list the cause of death "complications from covid-19"?

Last edited by FC76-81; 05-04-2020 at 01:42 PM..

Old 05-04-2020, 01:47 PM

2,391 posts, read 1,407,070 times
Not me, but my friend’s aunt died from Covid last week. Also, I just found out that one of my sister’s closest friends has it. The friend is a nurse who was transferred to the Covid ward last week. Wonder where she caught it? She’s pretty darn sick, but still at home, not hospitalized.

Old 05-04-2020, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill_Schramm View Post
Not me, but my friend’s aunt died from Covid last week. Also, I just found out that one of my sister’s closest friends has it. The friend is a nurse who was transferred to the Covid ward last week. Wonder where she caught it? She’s pretty darn sick, but still at home, not hospitalized.
How old are these people who you say caught it/died from it?

There's always one in the crowd that says they know someone who's won the lottery jackpot.

Just heard from a friend that the CDC has lowered the US death toll to somewhere in the neighborhood of 36K total. Anyone else heard this, or is it another rumor?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies