Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2020, 09:12 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,140,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Ignorant people believe that this stay at home order was to stop the virus from spreading, thus stop people from dying. No amount of staying at home is going to stop this virus from spreading and killing people.

I find it ridiculous people who criticize people out in public, whether it be a protest or or at the beach, blaming them if they get infected. It’s stupid! Blame yourself for getting infected for leaving your home unprotected. Everyone is responsible for their own safety. If I’m infected out in public, it’s your fault you got from me. You shouldn’t have left your home unprotected.
People are gonna get infected regardless. It’s to reduce the strain on the medical system by slowing the infection rate. Think of a wave crashing into a pier. A huge wave hitting the pier at once will collapse it. The wave is impossible to stop, but flattening the wave as much as possible can make the infection rate gradual and the structure can handle the impact.

Old 05-04-2020, 09:13 PM

34,189 posts, read 17,265,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShySkye View Post
No it's totally ridiculous. Deal with the virus then get back to work. It makes me sad to see people minimize what is basically genocide. Are you ok with genocide? Putting monetary value before human lives is not going to help the economy but hurt it.
People will die from covid whether we trash our economy or start to resume our economy, step by step.

It's easy and callous for those like us, who are employed, with me working from home, to say "Keep 30 million unemployed (even though we know poverty faces millions of them), so I can maintain an illusion of increased safety." I will NEVER say that, or think that. I have NO right to interfere with others ability to earn a living, keep a roof over them, keep eating, keep medical care up. Do you have the right to interrupt those things?

Covid is not going away, by America hiding under the covers cowering.

Old 05-04-2020, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
If you want to reopen, reopen.

If you don't, don't.

If you didn't want to close in the first, why did you have to?

I know adulthood is scary but it's about time individuals put on their big boy pants and quit acquiescing to megalomaniacs who haven't done a day's worth of honest work in their entire lives.

End rant.
It’s all interconnected. The virus isn Gonna care and it will make it’s way to others. Ao in a way, we’re all responsible for each other in this situation. Because wether we want to or not, what we do on our side of town can affect someone else on the others idea. Basically, it’s violating the natural rights of others by encouraging the spread...

Old 05-04-2020, 09:17 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,439,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
It’s all interconnected. The virus isn Gonna care and it will make it’s way to others. Ao in a way, we’re all responsible for each other in this situation. Because wether we want to or not, what we do on our side of town can affect someone else on the others idea. Basically, it’s violating the natural rights of others by encouraging the spread...
Nah.

Old 05-04-2020, 09:18 PM

2,008 posts, read 1,254,313 times
Quote:
The Trump admin now says there will be over 200,000 cases a day and you think the hospital system won't be overwhelmed? We are having genocide now in this country. You and others are perfectly accepting of that because you are simply being inconvenienced.
I don’t think that word means what you think it means.

Old 05-04-2020, 09:18 PM

Quote:
You're introverted?

The "I miss" list you posted on page 1 would fill up my entire lifetime 100 times over.

If that's "introverted" I'm comatose in a dark room.
Introverted does not mean anti social. I don’t care for large crowds are parties but I do enjoy time with friends, or time with just one person. I don’t mind being social but I tend to be on the quiet side.

Old 05-04-2020, 09:19 PM

34,189 posts, read 17,265,726 times
Quote:
Nor do we have the right to force people to put their lives at risk to go back to work. People should not have to choose between their lives and their livelihoods.
I do believe in honoring Employment At Will, allowing anyone to quit without notice, at any job w/o a binding contract.

Old 05-04-2020, 09:22 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,439,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Introverted does not mean anti social. I don’t care for large crowds are parties but I do enjoy time with friends, or time with just one person. I don’t mind being social but I tend to be on the quiet side.
Good point.

I guess that makes me both.

Old 05-04-2020, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Nah.

Damn, thought I had you there...

Old 05-04-2020, 09:29 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,069,701 times
Quote:
I agree with you. I'd love to go out again and see my friends and family and go bowling and to the movies and the bar. I am a nurse at a hospital so I must be diligent with social distancing, unfortunately. It makes me sad to see people deny there are people dying. What's happening and going to happen is the equivalent of mass genocide it's so upsetting and sad to just see some really don't care. There's going to be over 100,000 deaths in this country with 3000 dying every day. That's a 9/11 every day. Mass genocide and yet people are just so inconvenienced.
So should everything stop until there is a vaccine. Or a cure? How long should the economy be stifled. How many millions do you think will suffer and die from malnourishment and diseases worldwide if things continue this way much longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies