Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2020, 06:34 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Can they at least be smart about it? Because they seem to be eager yo put themselves and others on ventilators...

Some will, some won't.

You can't control everyone's behavior.

I see people every day wearing masks the wrong way and thinking they don't have to be 6ft away because they have one one.

Then I see people alone outside wearing masks......

Some people don't care, others are idiots and some people go overboard.

It's human nature... ...

But that's what we get for letting our immune systems get weak by trying to sterilize every part of our lives.

Old 05-05-2020, 06:36 AM

7,588 posts, read 4,156,645 times
It is wishful thinking to believe that Americans will suddenly comply the way the population does in China or Taiwan. For years, our culture has prioritized questioning authority, questioning the other side, taking sides. It won't change now with the vast majority of people surviving the virus.

Old 05-05-2020, 06:39 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,081,658 times
It's very simple science. COVID-19 is highly contagious, 4x more contagious than the flu. So going out in public and breathing around people, touching the same door handles, touching the same gas station nozzles, and touching the same debit card terminals at checkout is the most likely way of getting said highly contagious disease.

What part of that does not compute with the far-right republicans that wants to see everything reopened immediately!?

Old 05-05-2020, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Someone with the word fat in their name lecturing others about eating Doritos? I guess we are what we know.

My screen name has nothing to do with my weight, nor is my name actually Bob.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Harl...iw=320&bih=441

I admit I m not as skinny as I was when I was younger but I'm not fat either.

But hey, nice way to completely miss the point by focusing on an irrelevant assumption.

Last edited by FatBob96; 05-05-2020 at 06:52 AM..

Old 05-05-2020, 06:42 AM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I'm labeled a liberal here and I'm ready - and we have lost no income, no real HUGE changes in our lifestyle -- we are home bodies ---- and the ocean isn't really warm enough for me yet......dining out - take home has been great.

But it is time to ease into this --- especially in some of the smaller communities, warmer communities, let's ease into this -- go nice and slow and measured and thoughtful and we have to be smart.
How about it's not your decision or anyone else's but the individuals involved. The issue is our Constitution and the openly illegal crushing all of our Constitutional rights by the politicians and yes I believe most politicians want this to continue as long as possible and when the food supply is exhausted, grab full control through starvation and selection.

For those of us who feel vulnerable, take proper precautions.

Old 05-05-2020, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
It's very simple science. COVID-19 is highly contagious, 4x more contagious than the flu. So going out in public and breathing around people, touching the same door handles, touching the same gas station nozzles, and touching the same debit card terminals at checkout is the most likely way of getting said highly contagious disease.

What part of that does not compute with the far-right republicans that wants to see everything reopened immediately!?

Very few people, Republican or otherwise are advocating opening everything up all at once immediately.

Take your straw man argument back to the couch.

Old 05-05-2020, 06:52 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
It is wishful thinking to believe that Americans will suddenly comply the way the population does in China or Taiwan. For years, our culture has prioritized questioning authority, questioning the other side, taking sides. It won't change now with the vast majority of people surviving the virus.
Even in China they were chasing people down with nets and forcibly spraying them with disinfectant and welding people inside their apartments. I saw people not wanting to comply, but being made to and I wonder how many of those survived or are in prison right now.

Old 05-05-2020, 06:52 AM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Very few people, Republican or otherwise are advocating opening everything up all at once immediately.

Take your straw man argument back to the couch.
Some states are doing a phased reopening but it needs to be done carefully, no one is claiming that we need to stay closed until the death rate is zero. The new prediction of 3000 deaths per day by July 1 should get everyone's attention.

Trump needs to step up and tell these protestors to cease, this is complicated and governors and mayors are doing the best they can.

Old 05-05-2020, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post

What part of the fact that we have been doing all those things since the restrictions have been put in place do you not understand? I have been going to the store, getting gas, touching door handles and debit card terminals all along because the shut down is arbitrary.

Wear a mask and wash your hands frequently, and don’t touch your face without washing your hands first.

Old 05-05-2020, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Some states are doing a phased reopening but it needs to be done carefully, no one is claiming that we need to stay closed until the death rate is zero. The new prediction of 3000 deaths per day by July 1 should get everyone's attention.

Trump needs to step up and tell these protestors to cease, this is complicated and governors and mayors are doing the best they can.
When governors like the Oregon governor that has hardly been affected by this tragedy shut down until July 6th for no good reason, I think the protesters need to get out there more. They should wear masks if they have them, but they aren’t easy to find and frankly it’s just security theater anyway because they do more to protect others from you than you from others. I wear it anyway because it makes me feel better, but I realize it’s in my head.

But cease fighting for the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness (just survival by being able to earn a living)? Never!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies