Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2020, 05:24 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,125,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Trust me, I hate it.

I wanna go out on weekends again, I miss hitting up the bar with friends and playing pool, going to get drinks after work, hitting this cool spot for lunch with co workers.

There's this girl I haven't seen since all this started, and I miss her alot. I miss just going to my friend's recording studio and working on projects, and overall just being out of the house with a destination in mind...

I miss the world being normal.

But I get why this stay home order was enacted. I have grandparents and my parents aren't young anymore. My aunt was in the hospital, thankfully not for the virus, but she is fail. Not to mention my uncle broke his ribs and can barely help her right now. So my aunt has to drive to the market and my cousin who's in high school has to go buy groceries for her because she can't risk going in.

But that also means he risks bring the virus to her after shopping.

Libera/conservative/libertarian, anarcho, whatever.. We're all restless and this effin' sucks..

We all want our lives back. And these idiots out there protesting ARE MAKING IT WORSE! You idiots out there realize that your gonna infect each other, get others infected when you go shop or go home and it's gonna spike the cases again? And then we'll be stuck longer? I hope somebody throws eggs at those neanderthals..

I am lucky to be able to work from home, and unfortunately, many people aren't. But I'm also on a tight rope because our small department had a layoff and this guy was hard working. So IDK what's to come from all this, or when I can see my co workers again. Even though my commute sucks, thinking of being at work feels comforting.

So ya, I get it, whether it's financial reasons, or mental health reasons, we all want this to be over. Being home all day, isn't healthy, especially being home unemployed and I see that with family.

Do I think people need to go back to work? Yes...
Do I think it's dangerous? Yes...
Do I have an answer for this predicament? No...

And I know people wanna hold Trump to the fire, and I think we do need to. But that includes other leaders that botched everything. Democratic or Republican. So if Pelosi encouraged people to go out, put her a** on blast too...
You are welcome to stay home as long as you can afford to. And wanna is poor grammar. Just trying to help.

Old 05-05-2020, 05:26 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,585,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
I think that every American wants the economy to improve and they want Americans' health protected. The main disagreement seems to be on the relative priority of those two, worthy goals.
  • Some people want to see if we can improve the economy while keeping our eye focused on the main goal of protecting people's health.
  • Other people want to see if we can protect people's health while keeping our eye focused on the main goal of improving the economy.
I disagree. Some people want to improve the economy and protect people’s health, and some people want to keep the lockdown going so their constituents can get paid UBI and the overall economy goes in the tank prior to the election.

Why else would anyone say we can’t open now because the hypothetical 60-year old waitress won’t qualify for unemployment, ignoring all the millions of people who get no benefits but are forced to stay home and choose between paying their mortgage or groceries (until they cannot pay for either)?

Don’t believe it? Then explain why Maine and Oregon have extended shut downs when they barely have any cases of Covid-19.

Old 05-05-2020, 05:28 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,590,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
You are welcome to stay home as long as you can afford to. [b]And wanna is poor grammar.[b] Just trying to help.
So says the guy posting in sentence fragments, ending a sentence with a preposition, and starting another with a conjunction. I’m just trying to help as well.

Old 05-05-2020, 05:33 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Trust me, I hate it.

I wanna go out on weekends again, I miss hitting up the bar with friends and playing pool, going to get drinks after work, hitting this cool spot for lunch with co workers.

There's this girl I haven't seen since all this started, and I miss her alot. I miss just going to my friend's recording studio and working on projects, and overall just being out of the house with a destination in mind...

I miss the world being normal.

But I get why this stay home order was enacted. I have grandparents and my parents aren't young anymore. My aunt was in the hospital, thankfully not for the virus, but she is fail. Not to mention my uncle broke his ribs and can barely help her right now. So my aunt has to drive to the market and my cousin who's in high school has to go buy groceries for her because she can't risk going in.

But that also means he risks bring the virus to her after shopping.

Libera/conservative/libertarian, anarcho, whatever.. We're all restless and this effin' sucks..

We all want our lives back. And these idiots out there protesting ARE MAKING IT WORSE! You idiots out there realize that your gonna infect each other, get others infected when you go shop or go home and it's gonna spike the cases again? And then we'll be stuck longer? I hope somebody throws eggs at those neanderthals..

I am lucky to be able to work from home, and unfortunately, many people aren't. But I'm also on a tight rope because our small department had a layoff and this guy was hard working. So IDK what's to come from all this, or when I can see my co workers again. Even though my commute sucks, thinking of being at work feels comforting.

So ya, I get it, whether it's financial reasons, or mental health reasons, we all want this to be over. Being home all day, isn't healthy, especially being home unemployed and I see that with family.

Do I think people need to go back to work? Yes...
Do I think it's dangerous? Yes...
Do I have an answer for this predicament? No...

And I know people wanna hold Trump to the fire, and I think we do need to. But that includes other leaders that botched everything. Democratic or Republican. So if Pelosi encouraged people to go out, put her a** on blast too...

I am a conservative, and voted for Trump, but your post is one of the most genuine posts I've read on this forum.

Hope we can all get through this together and I agree with your every word. (well, maybe not every word, but most, lol) What a sad situation we are in right now! I can tell you have a great heart and you genuinely care about your family and you are a hard working man. take care you, this is all I can say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies