Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was it murder
Yes 299 58.86%
No 68 13.39%
Don't know/let's wait and see as more evidence is gathered 141 27.76%
Voters: 508. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2020, 10:29 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
This thread is a combination of 3 threads that were started on this subject.

It doesn't seem that discussing whether Arbery made the best decision by running at McMichaels is off-limits here - maybe you could ask a moderator, instead of just telling people what to post about?
I never said what she could post about, but this thread is clearly about whether or not a murder took place, so merged or not she is off topic.

Old 05-23-2020, 10:30 PM

102 posts, read 48,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
No that's just something you've made up. It's juvenile and irrelevant. Arbery has a history of making bad decisions. This was another one and it cost him his life.
You weren’t there, you have no idea exactly what happened.

You’re in way over your head here, you should probably find another thread or just call it a night.

Old 05-23-2020, 10:32 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,756,269 times
Quote:
No that's just something you've made up. It's juvenile and irrelevant. Arbery has a history of making bad decisions. This was another one and it cost him his life.
I disagree. I have walked into new construction sites . Nobody shot me. I don't care if this guy was El Chapo himself those two cartoon cops shot a man for sport.

Old 05-23-2020, 10:32 PM

102 posts, read 48,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Exactly.... You just made my point. It doesn't matter. That's the whole point..... Now that we have established that , when blacks kill each other they go to jail. Should his killers go to jail or the deceased life didn't matter.
Apparently Arbery’s life doesn’t matter because of some decision he made however many years ago. Yikes.

Old 05-23-2020, 10:33 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,681,771 times
Quote:
I didnt change anything. That's just another dishonest statement of yours. The first time it was dismissed they said it was because they had first hand knowledge. Seems reasonable. Easy enough to see Arbery running through a neighbors yards after coming out of the construction house. Could they be lying? Sure anythings possible. But not anythings reasonable.

What rule change? Your made up statement because you don't have a leg to stand on?
It's okay for them to pursue him for a minor crime, because they think he may have committed a greater crime? - isn't that why they're sitting in jail right now?

Is trespass on another's property, a crime that allows a non authorised third party to attempt a citizen's arrest in Georgia?

Old 05-23-2020, 10:35 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,756,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg41386 View Post
Apparently Arbery’s life doesn’t matter because of some decision he made however many years ago. Yikes.
That's how it goes. I have a few parking tickets and traffic violations from 20 years ago. Guess I'm not squeaky clean. It's unsettling to know that my history of bad driving decisions equals a death sentence . When I was 16 I was pulled over for no seatbelt. Guess I'm a bad guy to.

Old 05-23-2020, 10:39 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
jjrose, does it become more clear and understandable for you if someone other than me posts it?
too funny that you continue to misunderstand and think that the Director GBI and Cobb County DA dont understand GA law. BTW the GBI Director is also a former Policeman.

Old 05-23-2020, 10:43 PM

10,755 posts, read 5,672,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
too funny that you continue to misunderstand and think that the Director GBI and Cobb County DA dont understand GA law. BTW the GBI Director is also a former Policeman.
What am I misunderstanding, that aggravated assault requires one to assault with a weapon? The point that I have been consistently making? You know, in contrast to jjrose saying that wasn’t required?

Old 05-23-2020, 11:31 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
lol Silly You don't know the law

Arbery died for one reason only. He made a horrible decision to charge someone with a gun when his life wasn't in danger.

Agreed you would because you make snap judgments.
Well I am not the one under arrest. Why? Because I consider my actions before doing things. I don't go around chasing people for no valid reason. Visiting a construction site hardly qualifies as valid. If it does why didn't your heroes chase after the white people who were filmed visiting the job site?

The snap judgment was the mcMichaels deciding to chase a man over nothing. It must be nothing because they didn't chase anyone else for doing the same thing. The another snap decision was trying to detain a man for nothing.

Arbery was shot for 1 reason. The McMichaels forced the confrontation and evidently the GBI agrees with me.

I will say this I am grateful not to have neighbors who think like the McMichaels and I am grateful the one we did have is dead, otherwise my son would have to deal with his crap.

I grew up with McMichaels types, hell half my family are like them. Territorial like dogs tied to a tree. Always worried about people minding their business, but can't mind their own.

Old 05-23-2020, 11:34 PM

28,671 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Uh, no. In Texas, as I've posted in this thread, my teenage son was charged with trespass for being in the backyard of a home for sale without the permission of the owner.

Merely breeching the gate, that was closed but not locked, was sufficient, for a misdemeanor trespass charge.

Was he convicted?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies