Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was it murder
Yes 299 58.86%
No 68 13.39%
Don't know/let's wait and see as more evidence is gathered 141 27.76%
Voters: 508. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2020, 08:21 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

I am quite capable of going into fight mode, and have a few times in my life. However you must be insane or something else if you are going to charge toward someone with a shotgun.

Do you have any idea how devastating a shotgun can be, with just one shot?
Many an anti-gun nut wants to attack the evil black gun, the AR15. But anyone who has any common sense would rather have a random shot from an AR, than they would from a shotgun.

So while I think the shooter will be convicted of something, the guy is still dead. Had he just said "fine call the cops"and waited for them, he would still be alive.
In retrospect, I'd bet that he would choose to stand still 100 out of 100 times with some hindsight.

`
If no one had chased him down and confronted him, he’d be alive too.

And I bet that the two knuckleheads wouldn’t have chased him down 100 out of 100 times with some hindsight.

Old 05-11-2020, 08:25 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,619,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
When people are chased, threatened, as he was, they become scared and don't think, and do unpredictable things.

It's one thing when the cops do it, because you have some trust at least they won't just kill you. He has no assurance when a couple of retards are doing it.

He was provoked into that reaction. He clearly wanted no part of them. And they kept coming, even using their car to cut him off, and brandishing weapons.

I hope they think it was worth it, chasing him down over trespassing and stealing a hammer, while they're sitting in a prison cell. The old tub of lard may just kick the bucket in prison.
Whatever happens to those two makes no difference to the dead man who even if a thief, did not deserve to be killed, period.
However if the dead man had not attempted to pull a Jason Bourne maneuver, he would still be with us.

`

Old 05-11-2020, 08:29 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Whatever happens to those two makes no difference to the dead man who even if a thief, did not deserve to be killed, period.
However if the dead man had not attempted to pull a Jason Bourne maneuver, he would still be with us.

`
He is dead sure, and while I cannot predict the future, I think they will get both 10 years at least. For the fat old guy, that will be the last thing he sees, a max sec pen. For the younger dip, he will probably get out, to only have a ruined life afterwards.

So 3 ruined lives. And on balance, it's those two that made the most stupid decisions that day. Yeah that black guy paid with his life immediately, but they will slowly.

Old 05-11-2020, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
If no one had chased him down and confronted him, he’d be alive too.

And I bet that the two knuckleheads wouldn’t have chased him down 100 out of 100 times with some hindsight.
I agree, and they likely regret their stupidity at this very moment we are discussing this on the internet.

However stupid the fools were, the victim would much prefer to be alive, and in highlight would have gotten down on the ground spread eagle, and waited for the cops to arrive.
Sadly he chose the worst possible choice in dealing with those fools.

`

Old 05-11-2020, 08:31 PM

300 posts, read 149,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
We had one thread on this fake outrage story already. The “jogger” was a mentally I’ll criminal who, clear as day, is seen running towards the guy, punching him in the head, and trying to grab his gun before the bullet makes contact with him. He then runs away a few steps. Sad but only in a SJW and ultra-race charged climate would they be charged with the guy’s death. Sad but here we are.
In the video the guy is not dressed like a jogger and didn't seem to be jogging. Naturally the media will paint him as a saint. What kind of "jogger" runs toward a man with a shotgun and starts beating on his head? That's just as stupid as running toward a police officer with a knife.

Old 05-11-2020, 08:36 PM

35,078 posts, read 17,033,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
what does that have to do with the facts of this case? we have video of everything he did in that house there's no need imply stuff. There's no need to speculate on what you think happened in the construction site. THERE'S VIDEO. Yall can't be this insane.
I grew up learning not to put myself in hazardous situations. At best Mr. Arbery wasn't taught that lesson.

Old 05-11-2020, 08:41 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I grew up learning not to put myself in hazardous situations. At best Mr. Arbery wasn't taught that lesson.
I for sure never checked out houses under construction. A jogger could be hiding there.

Old 05-11-2020, 08:50 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:
When people are chased, threatened, as he was, they become scared and don't think, and do unpredictable things.

It's one thing when the cops do it, because you have some trust at least they won't just kill you. He has no assurance when a couple of retards are doing it.

He was provoked into that reaction. He clearly wanted no part of them. And they kept coming, even using their car to cut him off, and brandishing weapons.

I hope they think it was worth it, chasing him down over trespassing and stealing a hammer, while they're sitting in a prison cell. The old tub of lard may just kick the bucket in prison.
Except for the fact that the home owner said nothing was stolen, and no mention of a hammer is in the police report.

Old 05-11-2020, 08:55 PM

Quote:
He is dead sure, and while I cannot predict the future, I think they will get both 10 years at least. For the fat old guy, that will be the last thing he sees, a max sec pen. For the younger dip, he will probably get out, to only have a ruined life afterwards.

So 3 ruined lives. And on balance, it's those two that made the most stupid decisions that day. Yeah that black guy paid with his life immediately, but they will slowly.
Wait, you mentioned the guy was black, so according to a previous poster, that makes you a racist redneck.

Yes, 3 ruined lives, but the two aggressors will continue to breath, eat, and maybe enjoy more of their life, where as the poor victim will never experience another moment.

Hopefully he is presently floating in a hammock, sipping his favorite beverage, thinking about seeing his grandparents tomorrow.

`

Old 05-11-2020, 09:01 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I for sure never checked out houses under construction. A jogger could be hiding there.
Black people, ALWAYS carry a firearm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lys7P58Yaio
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies