Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was it murder
Yes 299 58.86%
No 68 13.39%
Don't know/let's wait and see as more evidence is gathered 141 27.76%
Voters: 508. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2020, 06:24 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,476,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
https://m.imgur.com/BkIll8W

there is plenty of space on both sides and it appears that Arbery is running not just in the direction of the truck but straight for Tavis McMichaels

> Why ?
Maybe he didnt see the guns until he got close to the truck.

Old 05-16-2020, 06:26 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,399,813 times
One way or another, these two individuals should not have been trying to play cop, but should have called the police to deal with this matter. They are obviously gun-happy types, who were looking for a reason to shoot someone.

Old 05-16-2020, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
There are three shots fired. The first when they initially engaged in front of the truck. Blocked from view by the truck. The second while to the left of the view field. The third after the come back from the left. McMicheal then appears to stand there waiting for Arbery to fall.

The first shot was reported as a deep graze wound to Arbery's wrist and hand. That would limply he had a hand on or very near the gun barrel.
It seems likely that Roddy will be able to testify to more than what he captured on camera.

I saw a report that said GBI interviewed him for 5 hours. He must have a lot to say.

Old 05-16-2020, 06:41 PM

830 posts, read 489,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Because the truck is in the right lane. If you notice in the video, Arbery is running down the left hand lane, as he approaches Travis steps further into the left lane and then Arbery changes course and goes around the right hand side of the truck. When he does this Travis moves to the right and ends up in front of the truck. It appears that Arbery was trying to go around and Travis moved to intercept. Then Arbery turns to the left and goes towards Travis.

So he went around the opposite side and sees that Travis who is holding a shotgun, moves that way too. This would be the third time that Arbery has tried to get away from them. How many times is one expected to try to get away from an aggressor before they can defend themselves?
Still seems odd to me. If what we're seeing is correct and that was Travis pointing his gun at Arbery, why doesn't Arbery stop or turn around instead of running towards the guy? It seems very unlikely Travis is going to just shoot him for nothing to he would have done so already.

Old 05-16-2020, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapper Zoom View Post
Still seems odd to me. If what we're seeing is correct and that was Travis pointing his gun at Arbery, why doesn't Arbery stop or turn around instead of running towards the guy? It seems very unlikely Travis is going to just shoot him for nothing to he would have done so already.
There was Roddy following him who according to Greg McMichaels had already tried to cut him off before....we dont know what the truth is about that yet and may never.

Travis appears to have a gun pointed at him for no reason. Why is it inconceivable that Arbery would think he might shoot him for no reason?

Old 05-16-2020, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by readyplayer1 View Post
The dads lawyer is already distancing him from the murderer. He chased this man down and then after the man was was tired of running, got out of his truck and killed him. Roddy is distancing himself too
The Dad started the whole thing so his lawyers can try to dance him away from it, but I dont think they will be successful.

My guess is Roddy is going to get some kind of deal or immunity in exchange for testimony that will help convict the McMichaels.

Old 05-16-2020, 06:52 PM

830 posts, read 489,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readyplayer1 View Post
I imagine at this point he was just tired. He left the house at 1:13 and was pronounced dead at 1:46. Who knows how long they had chased him around the neighborhood.
Well it was less than 34 minutes if your numbers are right. It just seems odd to be running right at the guys who are supposedly chasing you. Why not stop running, just stand there and see what happens? Or start walking, walk off the road, or...? The precise thing you don't want to do is run at the guy who just raised his gun at you.

Old 05-16-2020, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Well it was less than 34 minutes if your numbers are right. It just seems odd to be running right at the guys who are supposedly chasing you. Why not stop running, just stand there and see what happens? Or start walking, walk off the road, or...? The precise thing you don't want to do is run at the guy who just raised his gun at you.
Easy to be all logical sitting comfortably at your computer.

He had to find it strange to be confronted like that especially with Pops towering over him in the truck bed with a weapon.

He was 25.....not a ton of life experience. Some studies now show the human brain doesnt even complete development until around age 25.

They put him in a fight or flight situation. He tried to flee multiple times. They kept coming after him. He gave up trying to flee and decided to fight.

Not complicated.

Old 05-16-2020, 07:07 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,263,071 times
Quote:
Because their friend that is video recording is behind him in another car.

Old 05-16-2020, 07:07 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,910,590 times
This is likely my last post on this thread. The defenders of the shooting? I have no words. I am a gun owner and an avid shooter. I lived most of my life in the sticks. I grew up in a redneck clan and all of our friends were necks. Not all rednecks are racists or evil gun toting idiots. In fact most might tote but they don't behave like the McMichaels or Zimmerman. They don't go out looking for trouble or try to force the confrontations.

There was absolutely no need for the McMichaels to do what they did. None. 0. In fact cops hate when civilians do what the McMichaels did. Make the call. There is video. Let the police do their jobs.

1 man is dead and 2 if not 4 lives are forever changed if not ruined.

Country folks take care of each other. I get that. I lived that. I did that. If my neighbor called me and said "Bone I got a man in my house, I need help." I am on my way to help.

If he says "Bone I saw a guy trespassing in my yard and now he's trespassing through your yard, let's go get him." I would laugh at him and tell him to go take a pill.

This is a mess. We don't know what Arbery's intent was. We only know that he walked in a house under construction. He stole nothing while there.

We know that for what ever reason the McMichaels decided to chase Arbery then confront him in the street while openly carrying guns.

Two white guys in a pick up, chasing a black guy, then jump out with guns.

Would anyone feel ok if that happened to them? Would anyone say to the chasers, "Hi, how you doing, glad to meet you?" Does anyone believe that the McMichaels greeted Arbery in a warm non-threatening manner? No they created him with "Stop, we wanna talk to you" while holding guns.

Im sorry if that isn't the very picture of a threatening environment, what is? Now we have liars on here who will claim, "Hey as long as the gun wasn't held to my head I am not worried about it." LIAR. "As long as they aren't pointing both guns at me I am not worried about them." LIARS

It wasn't a single act that created a threatening environment. IT was the accumulation of acts. Chasing a man. Then trying to cut him off and block him. Yelling stop at him. (After chasing him). Jumping out of the truck with guns. One climbing in the back taking high ground. There wasn't a damned thing they did that wasn't threatening.
How many women would be Okay if 2 men did the exact same thing to them? Would all the men on here saying no big deal that it was done to Arbery, still say no big deal if the exact same thing were done o their daughters, wives, sisters or mothers? I wonder how many will lie about I?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies