Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was it murder
Yes 299 58.86%
No 68 13.39%
Don't know/let's wait and see as more evidence is gathered 141 27.76%
Voters: 508. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2020, 07:51 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,115,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
1. Argue if you want, but it's fact.

2. His IMMEDIATE KNOWLEDGE was of a misdemeanor, with reasonable suspicion of a felony, thus justification for citizen's arrest.....which wasn't even attempted BTW because there was no opportunity to before the attack by Arbery.

3. Sorry guy, you are still wrong. Read the statute.
1. Who's supporting that fact? There's a crime wave going on in the neighborhood and no one reports it, but it's serious enough for the yokels to chase down a suspect? You really believe that?

2. How did he have reasonable suspicion that it escalated to a felony? Did he see him with something?

3. I did read the statute. I clearly laid out why you're wrong.

Old 05-19-2020, 07:51 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
Quote:
LOL, so you think tubby was going to chase him down on foot? C'mon man, you know better. He had zero chance of catching up to him or "intercepting" him. He was already beyond the truck, if he didn't double back in order to attack, tubby would have just waddled back to the truck to follow him some more.

There was no valid reason for Arbery to attack.
There was no valid reason for the mcMichaels to behave the way they did. Their behavior is absolutely what caused things to escalate and spin out of control.

9 1 1
Let the professionals handle the trespassers. People should have learned from the Zimmerman fiasco.

Old 05-19-2020, 07:52 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,560,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readyplayer1 View Post
Why was the murderer not still at the drivers door? Why did he move to the front of the truck? I’ll tell you why, to confront him again.
Why didn't Arbery continue running after he passed the truck? Why did he double back to attack?

I feel like those are the more relevant questions instead of why the person who was attacked took a few steps forward before quickly having to retreat from the attacker.

Old 05-19-2020, 07:54 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,861,848 times
Quote:
Why didn't Arbery continue running after he passed the truck? Why did he double back to attack?

I feel like those are the more relevant questions instead of why the person who was attacked took a few steps forward before quickly having to retreat from the attacker.
He didn’t double back... he can’t outrun a truck... time to take a defensive posture and take out the nearest armed attacker...

Old 05-19-2020, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by readyplayer1 View Post
I see a gun being raised. You probably thought he was raising his had to pledge allegiance to the flag because that supports your nonsensical, illogical position.
I don't doubt that you've convinced yourself that you saw that, after all, your entire argument hinges on it. I mean, it's factually not visible, but I guess don't let that stop you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
There was no valid reason for the mcMichaels to behave the way they did. Their behavior is absolutely what caused things to escalate and spin out of control.

9 1 1
Let the professionals handle the trespassers. People should have learned from the Zimmerman fiasco.
That's factually inaccurate. Under Georgia law, there was reason for them to arrest him...even though they never even attempted it. So yeah, there was reason for them to merely follow him and try to talk to him....and it's proven that they needed weapons to protect themselves from him, because he attacked them unprovoked.

I do agree that people should have learned from the Zimmerman fiasco though, that lesson should have been, don't be a moron and attack people for following you. You'll just end up dead and it'll be your fault. Had this idiot learned that lesson, he'd be alive now and probably just gotten off with a criminal trespass warning.

Old 05-19-2020, 07:56 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,115,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey73 View Post
A court will determine the fate of the guys who shot him. The point is, the media, as they always do in cases like this, try to paint the victim as some saint who was minding his own business and out of the blue two random rednecks shoot him dead just for fun. When the details emerge long after the MSM has ginned up plenty of rage by beating the dead horse of the black victimization, nobody wants to hear that the victim put himself into a situation, as he has a past record of doing, but this time it ended badly. That doesn't mean the guys who shot him aren't guilty or that anyone is defending what they did.
The media painted someone in the context of their activity when he was being harassed by two clowns b/c they felt it was their right to demand he explain himself to them. He was running. He liked to run. That's all that needs to be said about him.

Just like Conservatives, any past actions determine your worthiness to live your life. If you stand up for your rights when they don't think you should, then you deserve what's coming to you. I notice how the only times you guys say someone needs to surrender the right to self-defense is when it's unarmed Black men exercising it.

Old 05-19-2020, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
He didn’t double back... he can’t outrun a truck... time to take a defensive posture and take out the nearest armed attacker...
He literally did. He ran past the truck far to the right, and ended up to the left of the truck....you can't do that without doubling back.

Also, he wasn't being attacked when he decided to attack, so there was no "armed attacker". The only "attacker" was Arbery, fortunately the person he attacked was armed and he got put down for it.

Old 05-19-2020, 07:57 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
Quote:
There's no evidence that a gun was pointed and he had already easily run past them when he doubled back to attack.

Well if this simpleton hadn't decided to follow in Trayvon Martin's footsteps by attacking an armed individual, it wouldn't have been a problem.

The only person who broke the law was Arbery.

Also, it's funny that you omit the circumstances in which things happened. He was being chased for being in someone's house without permission, he wasn't merely rolling up on 2 armed men randomly. Clearly they were armed for protection from that violent idiot, and clearly they needed that protection as they were attacked by the violent idiot.
He was on a job site. Something that is a very common occurrence as cam footage shows. Something anyone who has done construction can attest to. You seem to omit that he was hardly the only one to do it, but the only one McMichaels opted to go crazy about.

I don't care how you try to spin this. The McMichaels created the situation. Over a simple trespass. Something else you omit. The homeowner himself said that he never asked the McMichaels to do what they did.

Maybe Arbery felt he had no choice? Two fat white guys waving guns around after chasing him. Maybe he felt like they would shoot him in the back. Not an unreasonable assumption given the history of the region.

Old 05-19-2020, 07:58 PM

10,762 posts, read 5,680,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
The older guy had a cellphone in one hand and a magnum in the other.

And Arbery broke his path to go around the right side of the truck to avoid Travis. But Travis cut across the front of the truck to intercept him. I would suspect there were words involved but I doubt we will ever know what they were. At that point for whatever reason Arbery decided to attack. And that likely testifies to his desperation. Going against a guy with a shotgun at close range is not very reasonable

And a road block is established by the field of fire of the weapons not the physical blocking of the road.
While enhanced video may provide more information, in the unenhanced video that we currently have, the first time we might be able to see something in Greg’s hand is as Arbery is making a hard left around the front of the truck to attack Travis. Given that the attack was actually happening at that point, it’s perfectly appropriate that he be armed.

Old 05-19-2020, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
1. Who's supporting that fact? There's a crime wave going on in the neighborhood and no one reports it, but it's serious enough for the yokels to chase down a suspect? You really believe that?

2. How did he have reasonable suspicion that it escalated to a felony? Did he see him with something?

3. I did read the statute. I clearly laid out why you're wrong.
1. Both people who actually got burglarized have confirmed it.....but sure you know better I guess.

2. There were recent burglaries, including from that house, and you catch someone trespassing there....that's reason to suspect there has been a burglary, which is a felony.

3. You really didn't though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies