Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2020, 10:39 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
No. You know better. It is up to the store to decide what protective measures you need to take to shop in their store. Don't like it, don't shop there. End of discussion.
Sure, as long as they do not discriminate as described in case law, when Muslims were discriminated for covering their faces. The way liberty works, if your free to do it, you are free to not do it.
Claim PTSD and you have a YUGE lawsuit, if they discriminate..... MAJOR Payday.
All alleviated by open carrying a sidearm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2020, 10:40 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Discrimination is not held to a high standard in the courts.
dress code has absolutely nothing to do with discrimination. Everybody has to follow the same rule, Where is the discrimination?

Black, white, men, women, etc, etc, all need to wear the mask, where is the discrimination?

"no shirt, no shoes, no service" This is a store policy. "No smoking" this is a store policy; same goes, "No mask, no service".

You think too much.

Old 05-09-2020, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
If me doing something so simple makes others feel comfortable about going out and it has even a small chance of helping slow the spread of disease I just can't manage to be so self-centered to ignore wearing a mask. it's really not all that difficult and people not doing so seem more like children refusing to go to bed.
NOPE! rights are like muscles. if you do not exercise them, you lose them.
It is not the Bill of Feelings.
I am under no obligation to protect you. It is your right to life, liberty and property, remembering if you even try to take those from other people, you could be killed.
It is YOUR responsibility to protect yourself. Not mine.

Old 05-09-2020, 10:47 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,119,303 times
I don't like wearing masks either, but if a business wants me to wear a mask, I wear it, out of courtesy to everyone. If I saw that man make such a scene against a woman, I would push him off the parking lot of their store.

Quote:
NOPE! rights are like muscles. if you do not exercise them, you lose them.
well, that is why Under federal anti-discrimination laws, businesses can refuse service to any person for any reason, unless the business is discriminating against a protected class.

personally, I think the "unless" part is b.s., I think it should be businesses can refuse service to any person for any reason.

If you want to talk about rights, then there you have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
(we are being asked to look out for others)

They can ask. I can respectfully deny. That is how freedom works.
You can be as butthurt as you want, that I didn't do what you ask. Because you know the consequences of demanding and threatening violence if I don't comply with your feelings.

Old 05-09-2020, 10:49 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,119,303 times
Quote:
You have also freedom to be kicked out on your butt face first. And if you complain too much, into jail. Im pretty sure there they wont make you wear a mask.

Old 05-09-2020, 10:49 AM

25,461 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Now this I agree with. If you don’t like the policy, go to another store.

I don’t wear a mask (mainly because if I can’t find an official n95, I’m not stuff some random cloth in my face to make some soccer mom happy), but if I went to a store that requires one, I’ll just simply go to another store. Such as Costco, I’ll just shop at a local grocery store. Not a big deal. When I shop, I’m in and I’m out and avoid people. People without the mask always give me a headnod, but I honestly don’t mask up because I can’t find one, not for a political reason.
Fair enough.

Old 05-09-2020, 10:50 AM

Quote:
You can be as butthurt as you want, that I didn't do what you ask. Because you know the consequences of demanding and threatening violence if I don't comply with your feelings.
Funny you keep emphasizing the intrinsic importance of "freedom", but at the same, deny the store the same right of refusing services.

Old 05-09-2020, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Oh lordy. Anger management classes needed here. He's just another part of the lunatic fringe entitled rectum moron crowd.

There's no pandemic? There's no shortage of Darwin people. Actually we need to for herd immunity. I'm glad he's taking one for the team. I just hope he doesn't have kids. This bug can be alarming in children.
Influenza has been cured. First time in the history of the US & the UK, there have been no deaths from influenza recorded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies