Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2020, 07:35 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,274,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
Every other POTUS since the invention of TV could handle press briefings without having a meltdown, but not this guy.

https://twitter.com/Eurojulius/statu...620473860?s=20
Hint:
The biased, unfair, left wing media no longer runs things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2020, 07:36 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,547,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Exactly. It’s what a mother does when her kids acted like spoiled, entitled children - give them a time-out. If Trump were to continue to engage with such hateful “journalists,” it teaches them that their behavior is acceptable, which it is clearly not.

Quite a contrast with the lovefest from journalists during Obama’s pressers, huh?

Yep! Well said.

Old 05-12-2020, 07:37 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Every other POTUS since the invention of TV could handle press briefings without having a meltdown, but not this guy.
It was not the first time either. When he has no answer, he lashes out at the reporters, and then points to a friendly reporter expecting him/her to bail him out. This time it didn't work, and he actually ran off the stage.

He needs to let other people handle the press.

Old 05-12-2020, 07:37 AM

25,451 posts, read 9,813,207 times
Quote:

https://twitter.com/Eurojulius/statu...620473860?s=20
Although I am one Trump's biggest opponents, I felt the Asian woman's response was a little over the top. I think Trump was just making the statement about asking China about this virus in general, it didn't matter if the reporter were a man, woman, white, black, Asian, whatever. I didn't see it as a targeted thing.

I think he should have let Kaitlan Collins ask her question., but in a way I don't blame him for just stopping right there.

Old 05-12-2020, 07:38 AM

1,054 posts, read 1,277,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Wow, that was a simple question...and he refuses to answer it...Nov can't get here soon enough so we can kick this buffoon to the curb.
Like you did in 2016, right?!

Old 05-12-2020, 07:38 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,547,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Although I am one Trump's biggest opponents, I felt the Asian woman's response was a little over the top. I think Trump was just making the statement about asking China about this virus in general, it didn't matter if the reporter were a man, woman, white, black, Asian, whatever. I didn't see it as a targeted thing.

I think he should have let Kaitlan Collins ask her question., but in a way I don't blame him for just stopping right there.

Thank you for a reasoned, mature response.

Old 05-12-2020, 07:39 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,394,840 times
They probably sent an Asian reporter because they thought he would mention China.

Old 05-12-2020, 07:40 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill_Schramm View Post
“When did you stop beating your wife?” is a nasty loaded question when asked of the average Joe because it bakes in the unfounded assumption that poor Joe is beating his wife. Unlike the above, the question: “Why are you making this a global competition?” does not bake in an unfounded assumption. It is utterly and completely obvious that Trump is making this a global competition. He is constantly crowing about how the US is doing better (by some carefully chosen metric) than every other country. It’s like asking a notorious, proven wife-beater, when he stopped beating his wife. Totally legit.

Sure it does.

It makes in the assumption that Trump is making it a global competition.

When actually, it's not a competition at all, it's just the only framework there is for comparison, especially when the media keeps making the comparisons between us and other countries themselves.

Old 05-12-2020, 07:40 AM

25,451 posts, read 9,813,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Thank you for a reasoned, mature response.
The reporter's response really troubled me. Fair is fair, and I think she over-reacted. Trump didn't have time to try and target her because of her nationality.

Old 05-12-2020, 07:43 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Did you even see this?? No one asked him any "stupid and inflammatory" questions. Once again this president shows he is a spoiled manchild & when he can't handle things he reverts to temper tantrums.
How you supporters excuse this behavior is beyond me. The bar has been really lowered with this guy.
The majority of Americans see right through trumps lies and inability to manage this crisis. It's why his poll numbers continue to drop. It's why his handlers convinced him to give up his daily "briefings"'. He did himself no favors yesterday as he plays to a smaller and smaller group of people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies