Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2020, 09:41 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
So, in other words... "No, he can't handle it. We must only ask Donald nice questions he likes."

Thanks for playing..

The President is under no obligation to answer her accusations in the form of a question.

She'll be lucky if he doesn't revoke her press pass for that stunt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2020, 09:42 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
And he doesn't have the tact, diplomacy, leadership, intelligence, composure, to be able to respond appropriately.

Why should he bother when it's an obvious straw man set up?

Next.

Old 05-12-2020, 09:43 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
There was nothing hostile about the question. Trump plays the victim & lashes out when he doesn't have an answer, which is becoming his trademark.

Very fitting for the "Toddler in chief."

Never an adult moment.

Old 05-12-2020, 09:45 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Did you even see this?? No one asked him any "stupid and inflammatory" questions. Once again this president shows he is a spoiled manchild & when he can't handle things he reverts to temper tantrums.
How you supporters excuse this behavior is beyond me. The bar has been really lowered with this guy.
Seriously, the reporters were out of line, he shut it down before it escalated.
You don't speak out of turn, whine and argue. I guess they quit teaching Roberts Rules of Order.
Just FYI Trump is not the only president who has had journalist removed or shut down.

Old 05-12-2020, 09:48 AM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
When real reporters, who are not controlled and dictated to as to what questions they are to ask, start doing the asking I'll then consider your complaints legitimate. Until then, I'll defend our President's right to treat traitors as what they are.
If the reporters are traitors,,, then your mrT is a 5 yr old!

Old 05-12-2020, 09:52 AM

4,025 posts, read 1,880,794 times
The interpretation of his (possible) responses - so varied - really tells the tale, hm?

See - I don't interpret what he's saying the same as some of you. I don't feel it's partisan. My wife and I argue all the time over who meant what in a text or email.

If he says, "We've done more testing than anyone else" - to me, that's not a competitive statement. It's a response to the press previously blasting him about not doing enough testing. His point being - however much testing we're doing, it's clearly a great deal, because no one is doing as much as we are.

It's not to throw shade at the other countries - it's to point out that the testing industry took the demand seriously, and ramped up the situation as much as humanly possible. If anyone doubts we are doing what we can to ramp up testing - then please point at someplace where they're doing more than we are...and you can't. Because no one is.

Many of you - including the reporter - took that to be competitive. I took it simply to be factual. A statement of the situation. Does anyone disagree that that is, in fact, the situation?

So you are simply unhappy that he stated this fact. You are uncomfortable when anyone points out their advantages or strengths. You feel that "tooting your own horn" leads to bad consequences. I get it. But YOU must also get - that you might be wrong - and that this is ENTIRELY a matter of opinion - mine versus yours - and NO ONE can be proven right - which is why that type of question does not belong in a Virus briefing.

Old 05-12-2020, 09:53 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,743,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLIER View Post
You show respect, you will get respect. The Left has shown disdain for this President from day one and if they can dish it out, they better be able to take it.

Do you really think the citizens of this Country want to see our President treated like this?! It is disgusting and I am appalled at their childish behavior. Everyone should be.
How funny & ironic your first sentence is. This president hasn't shown any respect for anyone since he became president. He bully's anyone that doesn't agree with him & publicly humiliates anyone he himself has hired if they disagree. We have seen this time & time again.

There is NOTHING these reporters asked him that should have triggered the reaction he gave.
What is appalling is Trump supporters that denigrate anyone asking questions that we have a right to know but, will give Trump a pass & even agree he should be doing just what he does.

According to the way YOU think, if Trump can dish it out he should be able to handle it,right?

Old 05-12-2020, 10:01 AM

2,391 posts, read 1,408,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
How funny & ironic your first sentence is. This president hasn't shown any respect for anyone since he became president. He bully's anyone that doesn't agree with him & publicly humiliates anyone he himself has hired if they disagree. We have seen this time & time again.

There is NOTHING these reporters asked him that should have triggered the reaction he gave.
What is appalling is Trump supporters that denigrate anyone asking questions that we have a right to know but, will give Trump a pass & even agree he should be doing just what he does.

According to the way YOU think, if Trump can dish it out he should be able to handle it,right?
Exactly! Well put!

Old 05-12-2020, 10:04 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,226,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yeah he couldn't tell from her eyes she was Asian
how far away was she sitting?

Old 05-12-2020, 10:05 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,042,475 times
All together now: POOR TRUMP AND SHAME ON THOSE NASTY GIRLS HURTING HIS FEEEEEEELINGS.

What a sad pathetic man he is. The only ones sadder and more pathetic are his disciples.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies