Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2020, 10:09 AM

15,850 posts, read 6,554,586 times

Advertisements

There's not much that can be done about that. Everybody can see he can't handle perceived criticism. If nothing else it will make for a more resilient and persistent crew of press reporters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2020, 10:13 AM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roodd279 View Post
The interpretation of his (possible) responses - so varied - really tells the tale, hm?

See - I don't interpret what he's saying the same as some of you. I don't feel it's partisan. My wife and I argue all the time over who meant what in a text or email.

If he says, "We've done more testing than anyone else" - to me, that's not a competitive statement. It's a response to the press previously blasting him about not doing enough testing. His point being - however much testing we're doing, it's clearly a great deal, because no one is doing as much as we are.
false

It's not to throw shade at the other countries - it's to point out that the testing industry took the demand seriously, and ramped up the situation as much as humanly possible. If anyone doubts we are doing what we can to ramp up testing - then please point at someplace where they're doing more than we are...and you can't. Because no one is.
false

Many of you - including the reporter - took that to be competitive. I took it simply to be factual. A statement of the situation. Does anyone disagree that that is, in fact, the situation?

So you are simply unhappy that he stated this fact. You are uncomfortable when anyone points out their advantages or strengths. You feel that "tooting your own horn" leads to bad consequences. I get it. But YOU must also get - that you might be wrong - and that this is ENTIRELY a matter of opinion - mine versus yours - and NO ONE can be proven right - which is why that type of question does not belong in a Virus briefing.

To be truthful : read down to the GRAPH even has dates for ya...I'm just a minion who can google

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus-testing

Old 05-12-2020, 10:18 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,504,903 times
This thread is so quiet... lol

For 3+ years we have heard about the love for Trump sticking it to the liberals and democrats with his comments.

Yet in the end, Trump can't handle a bit of questioning without taking his ball and running home. It appears he is not so tough after-all.

Old 05-12-2020, 10:19 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,089,994 times
Never forget that far-right Trump supporters consider democrats to be "snowflakes," yet Trump shows us time and time again how incredibly fragile his ego is and how childlike he is.

Trump has the emotional maturity of a 14-year old.

Old 05-12-2020, 10:21 AM

25,449 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yeah he couldn't tell from her eyes she was Asian
Even if he could, I don't think this was an attack on his part. I think he would have had the same answer no matter which reporter asked that question.

And you know I'm no fan of Trump, but fair is fair, and this wasn't fair.

Old 05-12-2020, 10:25 AM

3,397 posts, read 2,807,596 times
Trump is wrong it wasn't a "nasty" question. It was a dumb question.

Old 05-12-2020, 10:27 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
The question is actually legit. I like it when Trump sticks it to the press but he was a big baby on this one.

Old 05-12-2020, 10:28 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,739,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
Every other POTUS since the invention of TV could handle press briefings without having a meltdown, but not this guy.

https://twitter.com/Eurojulius/statu...620473860?s=20
President Trump can hardly be accused of being calm, collected and rational. That's just not who Trump is.

Trump believes that the news media is the enemy. He believes they are hell-bent on destroying him.The trouble is, they keep proving him right.

The guy doesn't have to do press conferences. If the journalists covering them are only interested in making Trump look bad and getting their "gotcha" moment, why is Trump obligated to play along?

Better option: Stop treating President Trump with such obvious hostility. Just report the facts. Report the news, stop trying to be the news.

It's as simple as this. If the question you just asked could be legitimately be followed up with:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvir...ature=youtu.be

... don't ask the question.

Old 05-12-2020, 10:29 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,308,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
This is HILARIOUS. Fact vs fake news? I might think that the media was actually doing their job, if they aren't caught on a regular basis lying themselves.

They are not caught as much as the current POTUS. Not even 1/100th as much.

And the part of my quote you ignored said that when they do get it wrong, he can set the record strait. Funny how Obama could do that on the regular with Fox, and never EVER treated them as "unfairly" as Trump does CNN and NBC. They were "very nasty" to Obama. I've gotta say, very nasty....

Old 05-12-2020, 10:29 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,398,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Never forget that far-right Trump supporters consider democrats to be "snowflakes," yet Trump shows us time and time again how incredibly fragile his ego is and how childlike he is.

Trump has the emotional maturity of a 14-year old.
That's an insult to 14 year olds.

My 9 year old can take criticism better than president fragile ego.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies