Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2020, 10:30 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Even if he could, I don't think this was an attack on his part. I think he would have had the same answer no matter which reporter asked that question.

And you know I'm no fan of Trump, but fair is fair, and this wasn't fair.
My comment didn't imply that I thought he was purposely racist.......I was addressing that the young lady's heritage was apparent by her eyes alone ---it is what it is.

I'm no Trump fan. I don't know if he was meaning to be a jerk or just accidentally tripped into it.

And he could have easily said -- of course I didn't mean it to be personal ---- next question -- answer the next reporter and get out.

But his defense demeanor is childish, it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2020, 10:31 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,737,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
Every other POTUS since the invention of TV could handle press briefings without having a meltdown, but not this guy.

https://twitter.com/Eurojulius/statu...620473860?s=20
Every other POTUS didn't have a shark attack media trying to make the story about them by asking vicious pointless questions. The president was the better person to just walk away.

Old 05-12-2020, 10:34 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
To be truthful : read down to the GRAPH even has dates for ya...I'm just a minion who can google

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus-testing

Facts don't matter he will keep repeating the same lies, plenty of other countries not shown on there with lower GDP's that have more testing. Problem is that he runs these briefings like a rally, what is the point of constantly repeating the same nonsense. What is he trying to prove, he couldn't answer a simple question so he runs away like a child.

Old 05-12-2020, 10:35 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,497,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Never forget that far-right Trump supporters consider democrats to be "snowflakes," yet Trump shows us time and time again how incredibly fragile his ego is and how childlike he is.

Trump has the emotional maturity of a 14-year old.
That's doing a disservice to 14 year olds. My father was yanked out of school at the age of fourteen in 1927 when his father was killed in an accident. His mom chose him because his grades were better than his 7 sisters and older brothers; she thought he was more responsible.

He got two jobs and became the breadwinner for his entire family.

In your imagination, do you see Trump doing anything like that?

14 year olds have generally learned not to pizz into the wind. Trump, not so much.

Old 05-12-2020, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Trump will never stop because he addicted to the attention, been that way since the 80's. Trump cannot do rallies so he is doing what ever it takes to get on television.

Remember in his head he an C list celebrity that happens to be President. C list celebrities know in order to stay relevant you have to be in the news or in the media. He still lives by this mindset and could care less how embarrassing his appearance is as long as its televised Nationally.
He did stop. He no longer gives daily Covid briefings because of the asinine media who wants to just tear him down. You would think in a crisis this bad, the media would want to do their part to help, but no, their hatred runs so deep. Imagine if the media had treated Roosevelt or Churchhill this way during WW2.

Old 05-12-2020, 10:36 AM

3,397 posts, read 2,806,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roodd279 View Post
The interpretation of his (possible) responses - so varied - really tells the tale, hm?

See - I don't interpret what he's saying the same as some of you. I don't feel it's partisan. My wife and I argue all the time over who meant what in a text or email.

If he says, "We've done more testing than anyone else" - to me, that's not a competitive statement. It's a response to the press previously blasting him about not doing enough testing. His point being - however much testing we're doing, it's clearly a great deal, because no one is doing as much as we are.

It's not to throw shade at the other countries - it's to point out that the testing industry took the demand seriously, and ramped up the situation as much as humanly possible. If anyone doubts we are doing what we can to ramp up testing - then please point at someplace where they're doing more than we are...and you can't. Because no one is.

Many of you - including the reporter - took that to be competitive. I took it simply to be factual. A statement of the situation. Does anyone disagree that that is, in fact, the situation?

So you are simply unhappy that he stated this fact. You are uncomfortable when anyone points out their advantages or strengths. You feel that "tooting your own horn" leads to bad consequences. I get it. But YOU must also get - that you might be wrong - and that this is ENTIRELY a matter of opinion - mine versus yours - and NO ONE can be proven right - which is why that type of question does not belong in a Virus briefing.
And if it was competitive in nature???? Who cares!!!

Isn't it time that the World steps up and tests and takes all measures required to curtail the spread of COVID-19?

It was a dumb loaded question.

Old 05-12-2020, 10:38 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,497,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Every other POTUS didn't have a shark attack media trying to make the story about them by asking vicious pointless questions. The president was the better person to just walk away.
Vicious, pointless, better person?

Stop carrying Trump's water for him. You'll never have a bucket big enough. Many Presidents have faced tougher questions by much smarter people than today's press pandering halfwits.

Old 05-12-2020, 10:39 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Trump will never stop because he addicted to the attention, been that way since the 80's. Trump cannot do rallies so he is doing what ever it takes to get on television.

Remember in his head he an C list celebrity that happens to be President. C list celebrities know in order to stay relevant you have to be in the news or in the media. He still lives by this mindset and could care less how embarrassing his appearance is as long as its televised Nationally.
"All publicity is good publicity". The retreat was probably well thought out too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Although I am one Trump's biggest opponents, I felt the Asian woman's response was a little over the top. I think Trump was just making the statement about asking China about this virus in general, it didn't matter if the reporter were a man, woman, white, black, Asian, whatever. I didn't see it as a targeted thing.

I think he should have let Kaitlan Collins ask her question., but in a way I don't blame him for just stopping right there.
What if Sylvia Poggioli of NPR had asked the question? Would he say "Ask Italy"? He was race-baiting.

Old 05-12-2020, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill_Schramm View Post
The president is a public servant. He serves the public. Not vice versa. If we had a king, then yes, we could go on about how the king should be respected (no matter how self-serving, incompetent and childish he was).
And yet the liberal left wants a king. They rather have a president who is attractive, polished and speaks well yet accomplishes nothing. Like Obama.

Old 05-12-2020, 10:41 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,461,898 times
President Snowflake ends briefing after female reporters ask him "Nasty Questions".

He had a similar problem during the primary debates three/four years ago. He can't take the hardball questions and attacks the questioner. "Blood coming out of her ... wherever"

This does not bode well for the future debates, he isn't handling stress very well right now and (typical for bullies) has a thin skin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies