Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2020, 12:36 AM

493 posts, read 515,052 times

Advertisements

I am sick and tired of these fascist restrictions on our freedoms, our rights, and our lives. My heart hurts for all the people worldwide who have lost their jobs because the world went into lockdown for a virus that is fatal to just a tiny percentage of those infected. My heart hurts for all the high school and university graduates who lost out on their last year of school and their graduation ceremonies because of a virus that most likely won't affect them.

I am sick of this social distancing nonsense and we must completely reopen NOW! And when I mean completely reopen, reopen everything as it was before this "new normal." I am sick of seeing "we will return when it's safe." What a bunch of wimps society has become to be afraid of everything! The virus will not go away! We must accept that it will be a part of our lives. Those who truly want to stay afraid, as well as the elderly and immunocompromised can stay at home and let the rest of us LIVE again.

I support the lockdown protesters in the USA and I am stunned that no one else in the world is protesting. What a bunch of wimps the rest of the world is; or maybe they are too afraid of their governments to express how they really feel. I am thankful to live in the USA where we have the freedoms and the balls to express how we feel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2020, 02:17 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,056,523 times
I'm particularly surprised that the Yellow Vests of France haven't been protesting! Or protests by the Chileans, but then, they're probably too pooped out from the widescale rioting they did 6 months ago!

And yes, where are the protesters?

In Thailand, right after they ordered the Lockdown, 40 people committed suicide.

So perhaps that helps explain it, suicides over protesting, and isn't suicide a form of protest?

Old 05-15-2020, 08:27 AM

4,025 posts, read 1,879,736 times
As long as you keep thinking it's about death you'll keep being angry. Yep, COVID kills a tiny percent.

That's how we know this isn't about death. It's about resources, always has been. We're not (primarily) trying to save lives, we're trying to not have a single day where there's no room at the Inn at any hospital, Nationwide.

Don't think that's possible? You're wrong.

If you want to do something positive, then talk about ways that people can avoid needing the hospital for COVID right now. Focus on that. See where it leads. How can you - yourself - make sure you NEVER need the hospital for COVID?
I'm not talking about dying. Just basic care. Don't talk about how OTHER people are "afraid." That isn't helpful. Just show us what you're doing to keep yourself out of the hospital, and maybe others will follow.

Old 05-15-2020, 08:30 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,118,686 times
OP to the percentage that is affected by the virus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roNlgIY9QKw

Old 05-15-2020, 08:30 AM

5,984 posts, read 2,239,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmexman View Post
I am sick and tired of these fascist restrictions on our freedoms, our rights, and our lives. My heart hurts for all the people worldwide who have lost their jobs because the world went into lockdown for a virus that is fatal to just a tiny percentage of those infected. My heart hurts for all the high school and university graduates who lost out on their last year of school and their graduation ceremonies because of a virus that most likely won't affect them.

I am sick of this social distancing nonsense and we must completely reopen NOW! And when I mean completely reopen, reopen everything as it was before this "new normal." I am sick of seeing "we will return when it's safe." What a bunch of wimps society has become to be afraid of everything! The virus will not go away! We must accept that it will be a part of our lives. Those who truly want to stay afraid, as well as the elderly and immunocompromised can stay at home and let the rest of us LIVE again.

I support the lockdown protesters in the USA and I am stunned that no one else in the world is protesting. What a bunch of wimps the rest of the world is; or maybe they are too afraid of their governments to express how they really feel. I am thankful to live in the USA where we have the freedoms and the balls to express how we feel.

What would you like to do that you are not doing right now?
What are YOU being inhibited from doing, be specific.

Each state is different so there is no way to know what restrictions your under that are driving you mad.

Old 05-15-2020, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I'm particularly surprised that the Yellow Vests of France haven't been protesting! Or protests by the Chileans, but then, they're probably too pooped out from the widescale rioting they did 6 months ago!

And yes, where are the protesters?

In Thailand, right after they ordered the Lockdown, 40 people committed suicide.

So perhaps that helps explain it, suicides over protesting, and isn't suicide a form of protest?
People it seems like the US is the only area full of ignorant idiots.

Well there is the 5G Tower burning clowns in the UK and Australia...

Old 05-15-2020, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
What are YOU being inhibited from doing, be specific and perhaps we can come up with alternative ways of doing them.
He wants to get his hair done

Old 05-15-2020, 08:35 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,547,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
OP to the percentage that is affected by the virus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roNlgIY9QKw

More like "Chicano3000X to those who have lost their businesses or a loved one to COVID suicide" Meh, no big deal, right?

Old 05-15-2020, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
More like "Chicano3000X to those who have lost their businesses or a loved one to COVID suicide" Meh, no big deal, right?
Could say the same to other posters when they go "Meh" over dead people...

The point is, no one likes this. OP calling people "wimps" and downplaying deaths is what makes this thread a joke...

Old 05-15-2020, 08:40 AM

27,578 posts, read 28,680,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
What are YOU being inhibited from doing, be specific.
No dining in
No going to malls
No going to movie theaters
No going to public libraries
No getting haircuts
No flying to international destinations where I want to go.

So, a good deal of normal life is on hold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies