Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2020, 03:05 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,167,089 times

Advertisements

If you think the DEMS and LEFTISTS care about your health you're mentally challenged......this is about two things.....POWER and the continuing struggle to throw TRUMP out. They know they can't prop up old Joe long enough to win so they need to destroy the country to see if we will vote Trump out and put a ghastly DEM in...........we are done if the DEMS get all three points of power..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2020, 03:09 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
If you think the DEMS and LEFTISTS care about your health you're mentally challenged......this is about two things.....POWER and the continuing struggle to throw TRUMP out. They know they can't prop up old Joe long enough to win so they need to destroy the country to see if we will vote Trump out and put a ghastly DEM in...........we are done if the DEMS get all three points of power..........
Can't be worse than the Republicants... Too many of them want us to FOAD right now. McConnell after bailing out the banks don't want anymore money going in out pockets or to states that need funding to fix shortfalls caused directly by Covid-19. Not all states to have short falls are blue states. Arizona just broke even but even still will likely need federal funding or experience belt tightening...

Old 05-15-2020, 03:13 PM

764 posts, read 392,635 times
Dems want to keep this going they want "control". Aint gonna happen dems. We are Americans, we have freedom, period. Get this economy back people don't let the dems win. Trump 2020! )

Old 05-15-2020, 03:31 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times
I love how the OP says their heart hurts for those who lost their jobs.....but apparently doesnt care about those who died.

Old 05-15-2020, 03:37 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyfl View Post
Dems want to keep this going they want "control". Aint gonna happen dems. We are Americans, we have freedom, period. Get this economy back people don't let the dems win. Trump 2020! )
I want freedom, freedom from not dying. The Republicants are too worried about the economy that they are putting us onto a highwire without a safety net.

Old 05-15-2020, 03:52 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,812,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I enjoy watching 3D movies with my family in Regal and AMC theaters. Can't really do that at home even though I do have a large TV.

I agree that going to a mall isn't absolutely necessary. But it is fun to walk around a do window shopping once in a while. I also like the social aspect of it.

I think public libraries are the greatest resource that governments have made available. I can bury myself with reading books for hours. I miss this the most and I want my kids to become avid readers.

I enjoy traveling and planned to go to a couple of Asian countries this summer. I would like to have that freedom back.

Of course nothing beats movie theater popcorn except for the fact I'm the only one eating it and it's too expensive to go that much anymore but anyway I'm just saying those things are not popular much anymore so I'm not sure how many people actually want those things to come back or they just want what they can't have.

Ok and I've been trying to move cross country for over a year now that I need to so like I say you're just bragging basically.

Old 05-15-2020, 04:01 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmexman View Post
I am sick and tired of these fascist restrictions on our freedoms, our rights, and our lives.
OK, bmex.

So, talk is cheap.

Go out and about. Get up close and personal. Don't wear a mask.

Better yet, go visit grampa and grandma.

Keep us updated.

Old 05-15-2020, 04:09 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmexman View Post
I am sick and tired of these fascist restrictions on our freedoms, our rights, and our lives. My heart hurts for all the people worldwide who have lost their jobs because the world went into lockdown for a virus that is fatal to just a tiny percentage of those infected. My heart hurts for all the high school and university graduates who lost out on their last year of school and their graduation ceremonies because of a virus that most likely won't affect them.

I am sick of this social distancing nonsense and we must completely reopen NOW! And when I mean completely reopen, reopen everything as it was before this "new normal." I am sick of seeing "we will return when it's safe." What a bunch of wimps society has become to be afraid of everything! The virus will not go away! We must accept that it will be a part of our lives. Those who truly want to stay afraid, as well as the elderly and immunocompromised can stay at home and let the rest of us LIVE again.

I support the lockdown protesters in the USA and I am stunned that no one else in the world is protesting. What a bunch of wimps the rest of the world is; or maybe they are too afraid of their governments to express how they really feel. I am thankful to live in the USA where we have the freedoms and the balls to express how we feel.
Where do you live Dude?

We ARE opening up.

Sheesh.

Old 05-15-2020, 04:11 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I love how the OP says their heart hurts for those who lost their jobs.....but apparently doesnt care about those who died.
Meh. They were old; that's the conservative mantra.

Old 05-15-2020, 04:12 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,439,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Well, they can't vote anymore, so...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies