Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2020, 03:16 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,649,334 times

Advertisements

https://twitter.com/acadiansheperd/s...01084920070145

Full video for context starting around 21:00 https://youtu.be/1YENI_oLmQg

Umm yeah now I’m not anti-vaxx, but what the???? I’ve never heard of anyone forcing you to get vaccined. This sounds like a horrible idea, especially since this “operation warp speed” thing just sounds straight out of the beginning of a zombie movie.

Old 05-17-2020, 03:28 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 4 days ago)

27,185 posts, read 13,469,799 times
In terms of human rights, absoloute rights such as the Right to Life generally take precedence over rights to privacy and other such rights that are not absoloute.

This is the case in the European Convention on Human Rights and other international human rights laws and I should imagine the US has a similar legal view.

Old 05-17-2020, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
In terms of human rights, absoloute rights such as the Right to Life generally take precedence over rights to privacy and other such rights that are not absoloute.

This is the case in the European Convention on Human Rights and other international human rights laws and I should imagine the US has a similar legal view.
Europe is a whole different story. I can understand having certain access taken away. Not everyone desires to travel or go to sport concerts, but to say the state will force and jab a needle in you?

Old 05-17-2020, 06:01 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 4 days ago)

27,185 posts, read 13,469,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Europe is a whole different story. I can understand having certain access taken away. Not everyone desires to travel or go to sport concerts, but to say the state will force and jab a needle in you?
It's European country has it's own policies in terms of vaccines however in terms of international human rights, the rights of the child to life comes first and foremost. The prevention of viruses being seenas part of the right to life.

In terms of the Coronavirus vaccine, whether it is madatory or not will depend on each countries own policy however there is nothing in terms of international human rghts to stop vaccines being made mandatory and the US itself has manadory vaccines in relation to public school attendance in many states.

Old 05-17-2020, 06:08 AM

https://www.upi.com/Defense-News/202...5001589324444/

https://www.apiject.com/

Whether health officials are running a scheduled vaccination program or an urgent pandemic response campaign, they can make better decisions if they know when and where each injection occurs. With an optional RFID/NFC tag on each BFS prefilled syringe, ApiJect will make this possible. Before giving an injection, the healthcare worker will be able to launch a free mobile app and “tap" the prefilled syringe on their phone, capturing the NFC tag’s unique serial number, GPS location and date/time. The app then uploads the data to a government-selected cloud database. Aggregated injection data provides health administrators an evolving real-time “injection map.”

This just gets weirder and weirder.

Old 05-17-2020, 07:52 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Attached Thumbnails
Alan Dershowitz: If you refuse to be vaccinated, state has power to plunge a needle into your arm-dershowitz.png  

Old 05-17-2020, 07:56 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
https://twitter.com/acadiansheperd/s...01084920070145

Full video for context starting around 21:00 https://youtu.be/1YENI_oLmQg

Umm yeah now I’m not anti-vaxx, but what the???? I’ve never heard of anyone forcing you to get vaccined. This sounds like a horrible idea, especially since this “operation warp speed” thing just sounds straight out of the beginning of a zombie movie.

Force, has no place in Freedom & Liberties.
Take Note: I'm not anyone's PROPERTY
You will die, trying to make me your PROPERTY

Old 05-17-2020, 08:02 AM

15,848 posts, read 6,547,612 times
The worse case scenario would be a mass forced vaccination of a poorly tested vaccine. That would certainly be challenged by multiple states, if not all of them. I have to think this falls under states rights, per the 10th amendment, and thus a state can refuse. It might be possible for the federal government to enforce a vaccine as a condition of government employment and for crossing state lines. But the resulting lawsuits would probably take years to resolve.

Old 05-17-2020, 08:06 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
How about we call out with whom we disagree? I voted for Romney and McCain, now I disagree with them due to their political positions. So, because they are/were Republicans I should just blindly agree with them?

That's Derschowitz's opinion. So what? I've never agreed with everything he's said. What is he recommending? They get police to hold people down while they inject them. See how that works out.

Old 05-17-2020, 08:07 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
The worse case scenario would be a mass forced vaccination of a poorly tested vaccine. That would certainly be challenged by multiple states, if not all of them. I have to think this falls under states rights, per the 10th amendment, and thus a state can refuse. It might be possible for the federal government to enforce a vaccine as a condition of government employment and for crossing state lines. But the resulting lawsuits would probably take years to resolve.
It is actually a 9th Amendment issue. The 10th(States) have no say.

Short review of the foundation of American law - - -" We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. --That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed..."
--- Declaration of Independence, 1776

It is no one's choice but mine, how, when or why, I enjoy Life, or Liberty..
If that's not true, I am someone's PROPERTY

Quote:
" Personal liberty, or the Right to enjoyment of life and liberty, is one of the fundamental or natural Rights, which has been protected by its inclusion as a guarantee in the various constitutions, which is not derived from, or dependent on, the U.S. Constitution, which may not be submitted to a vote and may not depend on the outcome of an election. It is one of the most sacred and valuable Rights, as sacred as the Right to private property...and is regarded as inalienable."
- - - 16 Corpus Juris Secundum, Constitutional Law, Sect.202, p.987.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies