Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2020, 06:53 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,989,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
I’d be willing to pay more for a product made in The USA. End China’s grip on USA economy.

https://bongino.com/most-americans-s...-made-in-china
I pay more for American products. I also understand that most people don't have extra cash laying around when they spend their entire paychecks on all that Chinese crap they're buying (Apple iPhones are what now? 1500 plus 180 per month?) and everyone has to go through their disposable wardrobes every 6 months or so.

When Sam Walton's kids sold out to China, they essentially made America slaves to their products, which enriched the Walton family like none other, but to the detriment to American manufacturing, small businesses, jobs, and basically ruined America.

My mom and dad both owned businesses back in the 1990's in America. Both were operating in a small town, servicing a small client base. Mom owned a Christian book store and dad an office supply company.

Mom shut down first when Walmart decided to start carrying Christian books on it's shelves. Dad's business went second when they added the office supply aisle.

Sam Walton is probably turning in his grave as to what the Walmart corporation looks like today..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2020, 06:57 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,278,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
I already did. Paid $30 for a shovel labeled "Made in USA". I now try to look at every item I purchase. If it says made in China, I put it back. We dont need govt action to punish China. We can all participate. If we stop buying stuff made in China, the manufacturers will have them made someplace else.
Good for you, but this has already been tried and failed.

You know the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing a second time and expecting different results.

The US public already voted with their dollars, they chose China, try something else, because just expecting the US consumers to suck it up isn't going to succeed. I don't care what the poll says, because people say loads of things, then actually see the cost, and change their minds.

Old 05-26-2020, 07:04 AM

15,640 posts, read 10,398,506 times
I already don't buy chinese products because i don't trust they are safe: makeup, hair products, skin products, hygiene products, anything edible for my pets or my family.

medications are an exception. for example, 80% of antibiotics used in the usa are made in china. our pharmaceutical dependence on china concerns me greatly. access to drugs americans depend on should not be at the mercy of china/usa relations.

Old 05-26-2020, 07:05 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,548,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Great article, no figures, no locations just their conclusion.....wothless

Ladies and gentlemen, here we see that bird so common in CD-Land, the Ignorus Spellcheckus. Note this bird's bizarre eye formation which makes it impossible to see squiggly red lines.

Old 05-26-2020, 07:06 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,548,997 times
More things made in USA=more jobs in USA.

Old 05-26-2020, 07:28 AM

16,085 posts, read 6,860,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
It's not always easy to achieve, but I always go out of my way and will pay more to avoid products made in China and for products made in USA or at least elsewhere, anywhere except China.

One would have to be completely insane to consume food imported from China, no way.

The US still manufactures cookware, and I have bought several items over the past year or two, made to last, a lot better than cheap Chinese crap. I did also buy a South Korean ceramic pot.

Some very high quality guitars are still made in USA.

Recently I was also able to find air-conditioner filters made in USA, high quality antigen-prevention filters.

Computers are another story, unfortunately. I recently had a choice between a model made in China and another made in Taiwan, so I went with Taiwan.

It might be useful to share lists of items made in USA.

Good Luck!
Like it or hate it the following is only my opinion:

Purchase the Raspberry Pi Computer.
Most are made in a Sony Factory in Pencoed ,Wales while others are from China.
It is a based on Arm Architecture and runs Linux Software.....................
Most are hobby kits but can be purchased as full functioning units............
Best of all.........they are most resilient to virus of all sorts..................

Old 05-26-2020, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
already do........when buying fish/seafood also try to buy "fresh caught" not "farm raised". Although I do not entirely trust what is printed on the package.........I have almost stopped buying apple juice because most of it is from china......

Wild Alaskan caught Fish of any type is high on my list....................

Old 05-26-2020, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
More things made in USA=more jobs in USA.
From your mouth to God's ears..................Amen.Amen.Amen.

Old 05-26-2020, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I already don't buy chinese products because i don't trust they are safe: makeup, hair products, skin products, hygiene products, anything edible for my pets or my family.

medications are an exception. for example, 80% of antibiotics used in the usa are made in china. our pharmaceutical dependence on china concerns me greatly. access to drugs americans depend on should not be at the mercy of china/usa relations.
You are absolutely correct.
The Corona Virus had proven that what is most fundamental of most if not all countries.
My Country first..............................everyone else?........................you are on your own.

Old 05-26-2020, 07:41 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,561,248 times
They say it but they don't mean it, they just think it's the answer they are supposed to give then when faced with the decision they pick the cheap stuff. It's similar to why the polls on Trump always underestimate his support.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies