Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2020, 11:10 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,094,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Not murder. Possibly involuntary homicide. To suggest murder is dumb. You think he was trying to kill this guy to get all this publicity and attention?

Maybe you should look up the definition of murder 1, murder 2 and murder 3 and come back when you figure out how wrong you are.

Old 05-30-2020, 11:12 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,571,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
What property did the armed protesters destroy? Many people are saying that these businesses have insurance. But most insurance policies don’t cover damage from riots.
Riot, civil commotion, and vandalism are covered perils under virtually all commercial property policies. They are covered causes of loss under both named perils and "all risk" policies. Carl's building and restaurant property are insured under an "all risk" policy.

https://www.thebalancesmb.com/proper...r-riots-462690

Old 05-30-2020, 11:13 AM

8,341 posts, read 2,967,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
If this post is an example of how Trump Supporters are going to approach this, then I expect the riots to continue. If this video cannot stop the victim-blaming and scapegoating that white media loves to do then it will continue.

Just go read the Aubrey thread on this forum and imagine what black folk see when 2/3rd of the post say Aubrey deserved to be hunted down and shot like a dog.

I see no end to this anger, even after the riots end, it won't be over.
Trump haters will loot over anything. Cop kills white dude, ho him. No media. Cop kills black, let’s go get a flatscreen!

Old 05-30-2020, 11:14 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,109,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post

Pay attention to green_ mariner .... this is not about a bad cop in Minneapolis or any other city.
It’s a planned War .... it’s also a Political War.
And you would be incorrect. Do we really want our protestors to be "civil" in the face of carnage against the black males of this nation. I for one would like to know about it.

Old 05-30-2020, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
There's no way you could watch the video of what happened and understand what you are seeing, and believe that the cause of death was not due to what the officer was doing.

This isn't a smart battle to attempt to fight. You aren't going to win this. This was a case of outright murder, no other way to see it.
Wrong. This is not outright murder. You’re no judge and jury. With murder there is intent. You think this cop was trying to kill this guy? Proof?

Old 05-30-2020, 11:16 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,109,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Floyd had heart issues.

So it follows that the black officer, who had his knees on Floyd's heart and was crushing his heart and lungs, likely killed Floyd.

He was also intoxicated, so there's that as well.

But to hell with due process, right? I mean it's not like we're a free country, or anything like that...

the cop appeared to enjoy murdering him in the video. smile on his face hands in his pockets.

Old 05-30-2020, 11:17 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
That's right FatBob96.

That cop effectively employed a technique that is banned in nearly every jurisdiction in the US and most civilized countries.

It's no longer taught at "police academies" (an oxymoron) but some States allow private training and it's taught at a few universities, technical and vocational schools.

And cops teach it to other cops anyway.

Originally, it was called the "choke hold" but after years of public outrage and thoughts from the medical community it was given a politically correct name like "non-violent disablement" then later banned.

You use your forearm and baton or tonfa or you use your bicep and forearm to collapse both sides of the neck.

Depending on a person's physiology and health, they'll be rendered unconscious in 5-7 seconds.

A football player or someone with a particularly thick neck might last 9 seconds or even 11 seconds.

The problem is some people rendered unconscious die; others are left in a permanent vegetative state; and others suffer effects tantamount to a hemorrhagic stroke.

Unfortunately, you cannot know beforehand what will actually happen just by looking at a person.

Whether Floyd could breath or not doesn't matter, because people with anxiety/panic attacks think they can't breathe, too. They can breathe, but they think they cannot and that's all that matters because that's what triggers the flood of hormones and enzymes in the brain and certain other organs.

Floyd was handcuffed and not going anywhere and the cop should have shifted to a knee in the back between the shoulder blades to keep Floyd pinned down if it was actually necessary to pin him down.

All I have to say to those cops is thanks a helluva lot because I was out and about last night and had to literally run for my life with the riots shutting down I-75 and tearing up Over-the-Rhine where I live.

Now we have a 10:00 PM and I can't do squat.
According to one article:

"In Minneapolis, kneeling on a suspect’s neck is allowed under the department’s use-of-force policy for officers who have received training in how to compress a neck without applying direct pressure to the airway. It is considered a “non-deadly force option,” according to the department’s policy handbook."

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2020/5/...lis-jacob-frey

If Chauvin received that training, the trial could be a tutorial on how he was taught to safely compress a neck without it being deadly.

Old 05-30-2020, 11:18 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,571,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
According to one article:

"In Minneapolis, kneeling on a suspect’s neck is allowed under the department’s use-of-force policy for officers who have received training in how to compress a neck without applying direct pressure to the airway. It is considered a “non-deadly force option,” according to the department’s policy handbook."

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2020/5/...lis-jacob-frey

If Chauvin received that training, the trial could be a tutorial on how he was taught to safely compress a neck without it being deadly.
Was it safe to keep on after he was unconscious? Is it safe to do for 9 minutes?

Old 05-30-2020, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
I know it's bogus because I've choked people out before and I've been choked out before. I know what it feels like to have my knee on someone's throat, and I know what it feels like to have a knee on my throat.

When you keep your knee on someone's throat for over 8 minutes, over 2 minutes beyond the time they go limp, you are trying to kill them. Period.

If you disagree with that, volunteer to get down on the ground in handcuffs and have someone kneel on your neck. You'll come around quickly.....assuming they get off of you before you die.
Not guilty of murder. No proof. Prosecutors better get their sheet straight.

Old 05-30-2020, 11:20 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
That's right FatBob96.

That cop effectively employed a technique that is banned in nearly every jurisdiction in the US and most civilized countries.

It's no longer taught at "police academies" (an oxymoron) but some States allow private training and it's taught at a few universities, technical and vocational schools.

And cops teach it to other cops anyway.

Originally, it was called the "choke hold" but after years of public outrage and thoughts from the medical community it was given a politically correct name like "non-violent disablement" then later banned.

You use your forearm and baton or tonfa or you use your bicep and forearm to collapse both sides of the neck.

Depending on a person's physiology and health, they'll be rendered unconscious in 5-7 seconds.

A football player or someone with a particularly thick neck might last 9 seconds or even 11 seconds.

The problem is some people rendered unconscious die; others are left in a permanent vegetative state; and others suffer effects tantamount to a hemorrhagic stroke.

Unfortunately, you cannot know beforehand what will actually happen just by looking at a person.

Whether Floyd could breath or not doesn't matter, because people with anxiety/panic attacks think they can't breathe, too. They can breathe, but they think they cannot and that's all that matters because that's what triggers the flood of hormones and enzymes in the brain and certain other organs.

Floyd was handcuffed and not going anywhere and the cop should have shifted to a knee in the back between the shoulder blades to keep Floyd pinned down if it was actually necessary to pin him down.

All I have to say to those cops is thanks a helluva lot because I was out and about last night and had to literally run for my life with the riots shutting down I-75 and tearing up Over-the-Rhine where I live.

Now we have a 10:00 PM and I can't do squat.

Hopefully this will put the "if he could talk, he could breathe" argument to rest.

But I doubt it will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies