Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2020, 11:21 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,091,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
And you would be incorrect. Do we really want our protestors to be "civil" in the face of carnage against the black males of this nation. I for one would like to know about it.
If a race war is what you're after, your Antifa buddies are doing more to that end than any of the most ardent "white supremacists" ever could have hoped to. I hope you're happy.

Old 05-30-2020, 11:22 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,091,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
the cop appeared to enjoy murdering him in the video. smile on his face hands in his pockets.
SOrry. The black cop with both knees on his bad heart killed him. Sorry it destroys your narrative.

Old 05-30-2020, 11:23 AM

35,082 posts, read 17,033,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Wrong. This is not outright murder. You’re no judge and jury. With murder there is intent. You think this cop was trying to kill this guy? Proof?
Reckless endangerment, not premeditation. Think drunk driving deaths.

Old 05-30-2020, 11:24 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,571,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
SOrry. The black cop with both knees on his bad heart killed him. Sorry it destroys your narrative.
It actually doesn't no matter which cop it is because the issue is cops murdering.

Old 05-30-2020, 11:25 AM

35,082 posts, read 17,033,734 times
Quote:
If a race war is what you're after, your Antifa buddies are doing more to that end than any of the most ardent "white supremacists" ever could have hoped to. I hope you're happy.
I'm a charter member of AntiFa. I'll have to check.

Old 05-30-2020, 11:27 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,439,011 times
Quote:
They were left-wing fascist/communist/liberal Antifa.

There wasn't one true conservative Trump-supporter on the street last night.
Oh? Tell me how many rioters you polled in-person, please?

Old 05-30-2020, 11:31 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,596,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
It actually doesn't no matter which cop it is because the issue is cops murdering.
You have to wonder what kind of questions are on these police exams.

The suspect is on the ground face down in handcuffs struggling to breathe. You and three other officers are arresting him for using a fake 20 dollar bill. What do you do next?

A) put him in the back of the police car
B) call for additional backup
C) sit him up on the curb and wait for EMS
D) kneel on his neck and chest until he stops breathing

Old 05-30-2020, 11:38 AM

11,795 posts, read 5,801,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
That's right FatBob96.

That cop effectively employed a technique that is banned in nearly every jurisdiction in the US and most civilized countries.

It's no longer taught at "police academies" (an oxymoron) but some States allow private training and it's taught at a few universities, technical and vocational schools.

And cops teach it to other cops anyway.

Originally, it was called the "choke hold" but after years of public outrage and thoughts from the medical community it was given a politically correct name like "non-violent disablement" then later banned.

You use your forearm and baton or tonfa or you use your bicep and forearm to collapse both sides of the neck.

Depending on a person's physiology and health, they'll be rendered unconscious in 5-7 seconds.

A football player or someone with a particularly thick neck might last 9 seconds or even 11 seconds.

The problem is some people rendered unconscious die; others are left in a permanent vegetative state; and others suffer effects tantamount to a hemorrhagic stroke.

Unfortunately, you cannot know beforehand what will actually happen just by looking at a person.

Whether Floyd could breath or not doesn't matter, because people with anxiety/panic attacks think they can't breathe, too. They can breathe, but they think they cannot and that's all that matters because that's what triggers the flood of hormones and enzymes in the brain and certain other organs.

Floyd was handcuffed and not going anywhere and the cop should have shifted to a knee in the back between the shoulder blades to keep Floyd pinned down if it was actually necessary to pin him down.

All I have to say to those cops is thanks a helluva lot because I was out and about last night and had to literally run for my life with the riots shutting down I-75 and tearing up Over-the-Rhine where I live.

Now we have a 10:00 PM and I can't do squat.
While I usually agree with you in this case I'm going to disagree. What I saw was horrible but I wasn't there. I have no idea what pressure was applied to his neck nor did I see enough of the whole situation before the incident occur.

You can thank the rioters for your having to run for your life - the cops did not do this on purpose to incite them I'm sure.

Old 05-30-2020, 11:40 AM

8,341 posts, read 2,967,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
A legal expert was just on our local news and said that Mr Floyd said he was having a problem breathing when he was standing up before the cops held him down. The evidence is pointing towards he may have been dying regardless of what the cops did. This is going to trial and a conviction is going to be really tough.

Amazing the media hasn’t reported this?
These folks that want to lynch this cop don’t care about any pre-existing conditions.

Old 05-30-2020, 11:47 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,109,199 times
I heard the murderers wife has filed for divorce? Is this true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies