Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2020, 04:45 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,085,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
When was the last time a white guy said to a cop, "I can't breathe"?

Who knows?

The media ignores white people getting killed by cops.

You think that just because it doesn't get plastered all over the news for weeks and white people don't riot and burn down their own neighborhoods......that cops don't kill white people too?

Old 05-30-2020, 05:06 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,085,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
If this post is an example of how Trump Supporters are going to approach this, then I expect the riots to continue. If this video cannot stop the victim-blaming and scapegoating that white media loves to do then it will continue.

Just go read the Aubrey thread on this forum and imagine what black folk see when 2/3rd of the post say Aubrey deserved to be hunted down and shot like a dog.

I see no end to this anger, even after the riots end, it won't be over.

Stop trying to make this about Trump supporters and race.

Plenty of Trump supporters are on George Floyd's side here.

Just because we don't condone the rioting and looting doesn't mean that we're ok with cops killing people.

I don't know anyone who doesn't think that cop shouldn't be prosecuted for killing George Floyd.

Liberal or Conservative.

Get a grip.

Old 05-30-2020, 05:12 AM

28,664 posts, read 18,771,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
Here’s a thought, the autopsy could be wrong or a lie.

How many times has this country lied to blacks? Countless times.

The completed autopsy findings haven't been released yet.

And from my view of the original video, I wouldn't expect to see physical evidence of asphyxiation, such as physical trauma. That looked like compression of the carotid artery.

Old 05-30-2020, 05:21 AM

58,996 posts, read 27,284,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Somehow this will enrage the enraged even more.

https://amp-www-complex-com.cdn.ampp...y-caused-death
"

As usual,we find things AFTER the media gets done making up their own storied too inflame the UN-educated just to get headlines to attract viewers and readers.

Eventually some will learn NOT to believe all the "stuff' claimed BEFORE investigations are completed.

Old 05-30-2020, 05:22 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,096,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
He left his knee on his neck for 3 minutes after he was unresponsive. Slam dunk.
You're correct....

And people wonder why there is outrage, violence and panic across the nation. Or, they try to explain it away by giving reasons like "we arrested this officer faster than at any time" per the DA.

They really don't realize that it makes not a whit of difference. The exuses and the words don't mean a thing any longer. What I mean by a "line has been crossed" is that all the rational reasons are no longer valid. They have been heard so many times over so many decades that they simply don't make sense in the presence of this violence against black men goes on and on and on. There is an earthquake in this country and you're seeing its results.

Dont dismiss it. Mr Floyd's death may he rest in peace. This is a sentinel event like many others in American history. You cannot explain it away with rational reasons or criticism of those who steel loot burn and plunder.

Never in my life have I seen the secret service fully loaded ready to shoot Americans who were gathering at the gate of the White House. The WH went into lockdown, with the POTUS moved to the inner bunker per news reports. Dan Bongino on Fox News last night strongly cautioned protestors "don't think this is Minneapolis" If protestors came over the gate they would be shot, dead on the lawn.

These events are very very serious. One whacko murderous cop and his allies. Do you think they knew it was wrong? The man was dead for 3 minutes before the murderer's knee was removed.

It's just to much for conscious honorable Americans to take.

Old 05-30-2020, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
There’s still no excuse to put your knee on a Man’s neck for 10 min.
And YOUR professional expedience in handing suspected criminals is what?

Old 05-30-2020, 05:25 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,586,985 times
Looks like Trump might declare martial law.

Old 05-30-2020, 05:26 AM

45,214 posts, read 26,427,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
And YOUR professional expedience in handing suspected criminals is what?
Its as if you didnt see the video.

Old 05-30-2020, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Why are you trying to switch the OP over to the rioting? This is about a bogus autopsy so don't deflect.
"This is about a bogus autopsy" WOW, didn't take you long to come up with that.

How do YOU KNOW it is or is not bogus?

Are you a processional certified medical examiner?

Did YOU do an autopsy?

Your bias is GLARING!
One would think after ALL the MIS-reporting and accusation over the past decades, people would have learned NOT to take the initial reports and accusations as gospel.

The Atlanta Olympics bomber, OJ, trevon martin, michael brown and on and an and on!

Old 05-30-2020, 05:35 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,555,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
If this post is an example of how Trump Supporters are going to approach this, then I expect the riots to continue. If this video cannot stop the victim-blaming and scapegoating that white media loves to do then it will continue.

Just go read the Aubrey thread on this forum and imagine what black folk see when 2/3rd of the post say Aubrey deserved to be hunted down and shot like a dog.

I see no end to this anger, even after the riots end, it won't be over.
The riots have nothing to do with how anyone is "approaching this", and they will continue as long as they are tolerated. They are nothing more than animals having a good time being animals. You disrespect actual protesters by lumping them in with the rioters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies