Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2020, 03:47 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,636 posts, read 17,982,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Evil if nothing else is banal.
I don't know what you're saying.

Evil is unimaginative?

Old 05-30-2020, 03:49 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,109,199 times
google the banality of evil. Hannah Arendt. It means that all the people who do outrageous things such as this are normal every day folk....

Old 05-30-2020, 03:51 PM

24,421 posts, read 23,076,143 times
Let's see.... Put people out of work, put them on edge with exaggerated claims on a killer pandemic, push them around so they can't go anywhere or do anything. Tell them they have to stay home and can't get out. Just in general make them go stir crazy. Then have an incident where they go out and protest and wonder why they then go crazy. Yeah, this lockdown was pure genius.
CNN arranging to have its own headquarters vandalized was a nice touch.

Old 05-30-2020, 04:00 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,493,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Murder after being told repeatedly there was no pulse....this monster did NOTHING. He enjoyed killing him.
I agree with this. Why the use of seven-eight minutes of excessive force - kneeling on the neck - on a man already handcuffed and lying on the ground. That cop reminded me of those pictures we see of the proud great white hunters kneeling beside their trophy. Maybe the cop is on steriods. He is clearly a mean SOB who gets off on this. He may not have 'intended' to kill, but deep down he wanted to. And, he succeeded. Why those standing by did nothing? Were they so afraid of their brother in blue - or are they, too, mentally disturbed sociopaths. I heard Floyd on the ground, addressing this cop as 'sir' - he was not a threat - probably never had been.

Old 05-30-2020, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
I agree with this. Why the use of seven-eight minutes of excessive force - kneeling on the neck - on a man already handcuffed and lying on the ground. That cop looked to me like those proud pictures we see of the great white hunters kneeling beside their trophy. Maybe the cop is on steriods. He's clearly a mean SOB and gets off on this. He may not have 'intended' to kill, but deep down he wanted to. And, he succeeded. Why those standing by did nothing? Were they so afraid of their brother in blue - or are they, too, mentally disturbed sociopaths. I heard Floyd on the ground, addressing this cop as 'sir' - he was not a threat - probably never had been.
Thank you. I see it the same way. He was proud and they supported him. His actions are and will be forever a moral obscenity.

Old 05-30-2020, 04:10 PM

If there is a hell, he will be there shortly.

Old 05-30-2020, 04:13 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Reckless endangerment, not premeditation. Think drunk driving deaths.
The actions of that racist is still Murder-2 in most areas.

Old 05-30-2020, 04:16 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I believe all of them were wearing body cameras, which were on.

So they had activated those, and they all knew they were on video.

I'm also quite sure they must have seen the camera(s) in the crowd.
For most of the nine minutes the police officers stood away from Floyd except the one pinning him down.

Old 05-30-2020, 04:16 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,070,033 times
- The cop and Floyd knew each other
- The officer that murdered Floyd, his wife was arrested in the past for check fraud
- The Asian officer and the lead killer are related
- Even though the officer's wife filed for divorce I believe this is just a legal tactic so she doesn't loose their assets
- Many of the protestors are PAID protestors, are out of state
- The man that burnt down autozone and the police stations and target was a white officer (some seem to think an intelligence officer)
- Releasing all these videos of black people that were killed months ago is no coincidence
[B]Now here is the thing, all of these death by officers and riots/protests all happened just a few years ago - interestingly enough both are/were election years[/b].
- Take a look at who funds black lives matter!

- The video keeps getting played and we keep all getting played! This is a GAME! These are all old tactics!
_ Amazing grace and MLK and Rosa Parks being thrown out there - make it stop

Old 05-30-2020, 04:19 PM

8,342 posts, read 2,967,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The actions of that racist is still Murder-2 in most areas.
Hogwash. There was no intent to kill anyone. No proof.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies