Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2020, 06:55 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,887,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
He won't get away with this. It is far too blatant. Almost nine minutes on Floyd's neck. He's going to prison. Though I'd read somewhere he's had 12 complaints for use of excessive force. This isn't his first offense.
One juror is all it takes to have a hung jury. I don't trust 12 people agreeing that a cop is guilty of a murder on the job.

Old 05-30-2020, 07:02 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,615 posts, read 17,948,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
One juror is all it takes to have a hung jury. I don't trust 12 people agreeing that a cop is guilty of a murder on the job.
He's been charged with the equivalent of manslaughter.

When I heard he remained on Mr. Floyd's neck for minutes after being told Mr. Floyd didn't have a pulse, I think that's the nail in the coffin, so to speak. If they can show in court that he must have heard that statement, that was said by another officer who took Mr. Floyd's pulse, that's the end.

That statement is in the arresting documents for Chauvin.

I still don't believe his INTENTION was to kill Mr. Floyd, but when you hear about that absolute reckless disregard for his safety, intent seems a little fuzzy. He certainly intended to do him real damage, and get away with it.

BTW, 12 complaints in 17 years doesn't sound like much to me. That's much less than one a year. I don't know the nature and seriousness of the complaints, but I would suspect cops who are out there on the streets arresting criminals get a LOT of complaints. Would be interesting to know whether this is a larger number than average.

Last edited by ClaraC; 05-30-2020 at 07:12 PM..

Old 05-30-2020, 07:10 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,096,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
This man will never see the inside of a courtroom and jury. Look around the country. this is blood lust....and just.

Old 05-30-2020, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

I still don't believe his INTENTION was to kill Mr. Floyd, but when you hear about that absolute reckless regard for his safety, intent seems a little fuzzy. He certainly intended to do him real damage, and get away with it.
It was absolutely his intent to kill the man. He did not feel a thing. The nazis felt the same way when they pushed the Jews into the ovens....the banality of evil. Just another day killing. No remorse, no conscience and no reward.

Old 05-30-2020, 07:20 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,615 posts, read 17,948,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
It was absolutely his intent to kill the man. He did not feel a thing. The nazis felt the same way when they pushed the Jews into the ovens....the banality of evil. Just another day killing. No remorse, no conscience and no reward.
I don't agree. I don't think this career cop intended to kill this man in full view of a crowd of onlookers who were begging him to let Mr. Floyd up.

That doesn't make sense to me. But I do believe he meant to do grievous harm, and get away with it.

Old 05-30-2020, 07:22 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,602,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Yeah, particularly since he knew him. There's more to the story than has been told.

And I think the other officers there should be held accountable just like you and I would be if we were in a similar situation.

Old 05-30-2020, 07:25 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,887,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

When I heard he remained on Mr. Floyd's neck for minutes after being told Mr. Floyd didn't have a pulse, I think that's the nail in the coffin, so to speak. If they can show in court that he must have heard that statement, that was said by another officer who took Mr. Floyd's pulse, that's the end.

That statement is in the arresting documents for Chauvin.

I still don't believe his INTENTION was to kill Mr. Floyd, but when you hear about that absolute reckless disregard for his safety, intent seems a little fuzzy. He certainly intended to do him real damage, and get away with it.

BTW, 12 complaints in 17 years doesn't sound like much to me. That's much less than one a year. I don't know the nature and seriousness of the complaints, but I would suspect cops who are out there on the streets arresting criminals get a LOT of complaints. Would be interesting to know whether this is a larger number than average.
Listen I don't disagree that as a normal individual this would be murder 2 but it is a cop. Cops are held at a higher standard than normal people are. We saw it with King '91, we saw it with Brown in '14, we saw it with Grey in '15, and I know in my heart we see it again with Floyd. I don't like it, but I doubt Floyd's family will get justice through the court system. It is rare for an officer to be convicted and it sticks, even with video. All it takes is one juror to take the side of the officer and that's it.

Old 05-30-2020, 07:32 PM

3,594 posts, read 1,792,816 times
CNN right now is trying to blame the riots on “white supremacists” this might be the most intellectually dishonest media coverage I have ever seen. It’s grossly incompetent.

Old 05-30-2020, 07:34 PM

2,400 posts, read 754,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
CNN right now is trying to blame the riots on “white supremacists” this might be the most intellectually dishonest media coverage I have ever seen. It’s grossly incompetent.
The BLM leaders have already said its Antifa. They are there!

Old 05-30-2020, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Unarmed men killed by police is extremely rare. That you think that is important in the scheme of things is a reflection of your inability to understand what is important.
Not if you are black. Why do you think the country is exploding? Harsh language?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies