Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2020, 04:49 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I believe all of them were wearing body cameras, which were on.

So they had activated those, and they all knew they were on video.

I'm also quite sure they must have seen the camera(s) in the crowd.
I don't see any body cam on the cop kneeling on Floyd, but one cop asks him to roll him over and he declines.

These were the types of cops that were supposed to be gone from the force 4 years ago, what happened. A cop that behaves like this has to have a history and it will come out. Very small percentage of cops like this but as usual the problem is that his actions are ignored.

Old 05-30-2020, 04:51 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,596,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don't see any body cam on the cop kneeling on Floyd, but one cop asks him to roll him over and he declines.

These were the types of cops that were supposed to be gone from the force 4 years ago, what happened. A cop that behaves like this has to have a history and it will come out. Very small percentage of cops like this but as usual the problem is that his actions are ignored.
Klobuchar didn’t prosecute them.

Old 05-30-2020, 04:52 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Quote:

Hmm.

I'm curious about the hierarchy of command with the 4 that were there. Clearly one of the officers is trying to get neck kneeler off Mr. Floyd, and makes several statements about putting him on his side, etc.

Were they not equals at that scene? Did the neck kneeler have supervisory power over the cop that was basically telling him to get off Mr. Floyd?

Old 05-30-2020, 04:57 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:

This type behavior is more common with cops than you'd believe. I know one. An ex-friend NYPD in fact. Former friend from high school and also is an Eagle Scout. He is totally red pilled and I would not be surprised if he was a cop that was fired over the Facebook posts. Anywho four years ago due to a conversation on Facebook where he defended cops shooting unarmed men who followed instructions, we are not friends. This was in light of the group home worker shot laying down face up with his arms up while trying to defuse the situation where an Autistic boy from his group home ran out and was allegedly causing a ruckus in the street. He said "That I couldn't imagine what they go through." I responded "No, but I know not to shoot an unarmed man." We haven't talked since and I don't want toxic people like him in my life.

Old 05-30-2020, 05:00 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,571,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
For most of the nine minutes the police officers stood away from Floyd except the one pinning him down.
Three were on his back.

Old 05-30-2020, 05:01 PM

25,745 posts, read 12,832,402 times
Default When are we going to get all the facts about Mr. Floyd's murder?

When will we get to see the entire film clip, and not just the very end? Why isn't Fox showing it?

When will we get to learn Mr. Floyd's criminal history?

When will we get the details on the policemen's history of abuse, and the cities puntive actions?

When will the Minneapolis Mayor answer questions about his claim that the rioters are outsiders?

They are not! He's trying to cover his own butt with lies (80% are Minnesotans):

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/min...floyd-protests

When will we get to hear from the city of Minneapolis's Black Police Chief why this thug police officer was still on the streets after prior complaints? What were those complaints, and were they properly investigated?

The media on both sides are withhoding all of this to sell media advertising, and incite a riot.

We need to stay calm, and demand answers, not disinformation, and selectively chosen tidbits of information.

Folks, we are all being played for a higher purpose. I don't know what it is, but there is one that is hidden from view.

Old 05-30-2020, 05:06 PM

10,483 posts, read 4,046,033 times
Ni kidding. In fact, the second I heard about the riots starting, I kept thinking this is just their cover story they are going to use to destroy all of the security cameras on the buildings that caught what was going on.

Old 05-30-2020, 05:08 PM

11,795 posts, read 5,801,446 times
You can google his criminal history - I found the Texas arrest sheets - don't know about MN.
The Mayor in Buffalo already knew that "outsiders" would be in Buffalo to try and start trouble with the protest - I don't think it's any secret that they have people showing up when they hear a protest is planned.
As far as the police officer and the former complaints - those too are out on the net - problem is what are legitimate and which ones aren't. These days the slightest thing can set people off to make a complaint and it may not be valid - aka the recent NY city dog on the leash episode. Of the cops I know - most have complaints against them - doesn't mean they are found to be true.

Demanding something doesn't get you anywhere. It puts people on the defensive and they won't say anything. Everything will come out in time - but I bet even when the truth is told - people won't believe it as they've already made up their mind without the facts.

Old 05-30-2020, 05:09 PM

7,931 posts, read 9,158,452 times
They did work together, which makes this story even weirder.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...nke-story.html

Old 05-30-2020, 05:12 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Three were on his back.
Really, wow. The one cam I have seen because A work and B I don't care to see a man die only showed the one and the other trying to stand in front and not do any GD thing else. These police are scum and should rot away in prison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies