Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2020, 06:02 PM

19,219 posts, read 16,701,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
This forum would stand up and cheer if Trump ordered the military to drag Democrats from their homes and execute them in the street. This place might as well be StormFront. Disgusting.
Not me. I'm against any form of violence and in favor of peaceful protesting. What I saw last night on live coverage in Sacramento wasn't peaceful. It was violent and destructive. Ironically, even those who were at Caesar Chavez Park peacefully protesting were disgusted by it. It ruins their message.

So my question is, how do we weed out the violent mobs from the non violent groups who just want their message heard? It's awful what's happening now.

Old 06-01-2020, 06:03 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Trump's the one losing the grip. Why were these protesters disbursed with tear gas this evening in front of the White House? They didn't cause any damage. They were peacefully assembled. These people assaulted the MPD? These same protesters? I could have sworn he did all this realty television just so he could get a picture of himself at the church. He's lost is freakin' mind.
Are you saying that if you were protesting and knew there was a 7 p.m curfew, you would have thumbed your nose at it and refuse to leave?

By your remarks, you have no idea as to what has gone on in DC over the weekend. Thus, your naive attempt at painting all the protesters as sweet, innocent people is very out of touch.

You anti-Trumps are never happy. First you all, were outraged because he was in a bunker. Then he came out of the bunker and you all are still having apoplexy.

57,301 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Gimme a break Trump didn't order the tear gassing---and you know it, too.

Do you even know how much damage was done to DC by the protesters? Do you even know that they had assaulted the MPD?

Get a grip.
They wanted the protestors moved away so he could have his photo op at St Johns, plenty of ways to disband a peaceful crowd other than flash grenades and tear gas. There were plenty of other people on the surrounding streets, did they do the same. How about a show of force and asking them to move back and go home. The crowd was smaller than last yesterday and doing nothing, this is an escalation for nothing.

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
They started to clear them at 6:30 --using rubber bullets too.

Such a great respect for peaceful protesters.

Old 06-01-2020, 06:04 PM

25,447 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
And the protesters should have started dispersing long before then. Are you saying you would have thumbed your nose at the curfew?
You don't launch tear gas as a peaceful crowd. He comes out and wants them all cleared out in 10 minutes? So arrest them if necessary like the MN police did. You don't have to become violent and launch tear gas at them.

Old 06-01-2020, 06:04 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,396,439 times
This mess happened on Trump's watch. This is the legacy he will be remembered for.

But of course, somewhere down the line he will convince some that this was all made up fake news, and some will believe and deny any of this ever happened.

How does that saying go? "You can fool all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time . . . but you cannot fool ALL of the people ALL of the time."

P.S.
Today I drove through the sleepy bedroom community of Walnut California which has a predominantly Asian population upwards of 70%. Mostly ASIAN protesters were gathering near Mt. SAC College. There was a large police presence as well.

How do you know when the proverbial shiet has hit the fan? When ASIANS are out protesting!

Old 06-01-2020, 06:05 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
And the point is --- the irony of Trump claiming to be about supporting the protestors as there are folks being hit with rubber bullets and tear gas in the back groud.

Bad optics. They would have been better to wait until 7:30

2,704 posts, read 1,831,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizrap View Post
We were channel surfing between Fox, CNN & MSNBC. MSNBC didn’t even cover it when we had it on. Unreal. Maybe they eventually did.

Too bad his speech on Saturday after the launch didn’t get more coverage. It was a great speech but neither CNN or MSNBC covered it.
You are wrong. I watched the entire thing on MSNBC. I watched the peaceful protesters being tear-gassed and dispersed, I watched the impeached president give his speech, and I watched him and his commrades walk over to the church for their photo-op. MSNBC covered every minute of it live. It was surreal.

7,787 posts, read 8,030,764 times
Good to end this destruction now or the riots will never stop.Enough already go home or get smacked.

Old 06-01-2020, 06:07 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
They wanted the protestors moved away so he could have his photo op at St Johns, plenty of ways to disband a peaceful crowd other than flash grenades and tear gas. There were plenty of other people on the surrounding streets, did they do the same. How about a show of force and asking them to move back and go home. The crowd was smaller than last yesterday and doing nothing, this is an escalation for nothing.
No, they wanted the protesters moved away because there was a 7 p.m curfew.

They did try pushing the protesters back but yet they still refused to disperse.

If you were there and knew there was a 7 p.m curfew, would you have left or would you have thumbed your nose at the curfew and stayed around?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies