Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2020, 05:38 PM

2,973 posts, read 1,977,564 times

Advertisements

Don lemon just said America is under dictatorship now...

Well he surely has never lived under a real dictatorship. Plus u can always vote him out if u don’t like him in 5 months.

I think the sad thing is that Americans do enjoy a large degree of human rights and civil liberties, but somehow they are convinced that they enjoy insufficient HR and CL and they need to fight for it. Contrast that with most other countries where people seriously enjoy much much less HR and CL but they are content with it and focus on social and economic development.

If America doesn’t wake up, the country will be doomed.

Old 06-01-2020, 05:39 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,595,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
You don't know but you feel that way. They are reports that there were individuals associated with those groups at the riots.
based on what?
not even a scintilla of evidence was provided.

25,461 posts, read 9,825,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
You don't know but you feel that way. They are reports that there were individuals associated with those groups at the riots.

I don't know.

What I know --- the protesters are one group asking for change. Their biggest 'crime' is chanting .

THe rioters are a different group. And we don't know who they are and all we know -- they are motivated to do harm. It has nothing to do with the protesters.

Today, while Trump claimed support for the peaceful protesters....there were armed forces pushing peaceful protesters back with tear gas and those flash bomb things. So much for support peaceful protesters.

Local law enforcement and national guard are doing what they can to deal with the criminal element using the political unrest for their motives. Trump personally attacking the Goernors does little to improve things. He's a loud mouth, full of hot air idiot.

Trump's police state call might scare off the peaceful protesters and will only fan the fuel for the trouble makers.
So from what I read, he is mobilizing the military against peaceful protesters?

34,074 posts, read 17,112,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I'm totally satisfied !!!
ditto

Old 06-01-2020, 05:40 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,825,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
Don lemon just said America is under dictatorship now...

Well he surely has never lived under a real dictatorship. Plus u can always vote him out if u don’t like him in 5 months.

I think the sad thing is that Americans do enjoy a large degree of human rights and civil liberties, but somehow they are convinced that they enjoy insufficient HR and CL and they need to fight for it. Contrast that with most other countries where people seriously enjoy much much less HR and CL but they are content with it and focus on social and economic development.

If America doesn’t wake up, the country will be doomed.
I don't know if we can vote him out or not. Who says there will be elections? I don't understand his mobilizing the military against peaceful protesters. What the actual hell?

Old 06-01-2020, 05:40 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 13 days ago)

35,641 posts, read 18,001,275 times
It occurs to me that Trump has no experience in listening, building consensus, working for the common good of the majority, and compromising.

He's got experience in crushing his adversaries and ruthlessly carrying out his decisions.

Not a bad thing for a business icon, a sucky, completly inappropriate thing for a president in a democracy.

Old 06-01-2020, 05:42 PM

2,973 posts, read 1,977,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I don't know if we can vote him out or not. Who says there will be elections? I don't understand his mobilizing the military against peaceful protesters. What the actual hell?
Don’t predict the future please.

Old 06-01-2020, 05:42 PM

22,482 posts, read 12,018,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Amen. Teargassing people for a photo op... It takes one highly disturbed mind to conjure that up.
Total BS^^^^and you know it, too.

The DC mayor, Bowser, instituted a 7 p.m. curfew. Yet the crowds were refusing to disperse.

Old 06-01-2020, 05:43 PM

5,989 posts, read 2,242,201 times
Let’s be clear, if you condone the President’s action of turning the military on peaceful protest then there is no need for the 2nd amendment.

If it’s ok for a President to demand Governors allow The military police take over, then you do not support the 2dn amendment.

If you let the feds take your rights then why bother with the arms?

Old 06-01-2020, 05:43 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,514,205 times
Wow. He just abruptly strolled from the WH to St. John’s Church to inspect the fire damage.

Ballsy. Impressive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies