Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2020, 01:54 PM

12,043 posts, read 6,578,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Oh, gosh. Another angry one.

So London, Paris, Vienna, Vancouver, Montréal, Prague, Berlin, Barcelona, Rome, Sydney, etc are nothing but "cesspools of crime, drug gangs, illegals, airhead celebrities, radical left professors, angry minorities, Antifa, sex traffickers, and far left tech companies"?

I didn't know that.

I also didn't know that there aren't any "firemen, police, military, farmers, church goers, normal working class and families in liberal areas/countries.

I'll have to tell my former in-laws that, dairy farmers in Canada just across the border from North Dakota who have run a very successful, generations-old family business on 5,000 acres of land. And they're liberal.

Or my former high school classmate who retired from his Chief of Police position a couple of years ago. Or my cousin's son who last year was hired by his small city's fire department. Or my former BIL who was Fire Chief in his small town in the mountains of British Columbia. By your standards, they're are liberals.

But I assume you put your money where your mouth is and boycott Hollywood entertainment and "far left" tech? No smart phones, no big-screen TVs, no Netflix, no Amazon, no social media, no TV watching, no movies? No following stupid TV shows and dumb celebrities?

You know how many meth labs there are throughout rural Tennessee? Do you have any idea of how bad the opioid problem is in East Tennessee, West Virginia, and rural Ohio and PA? I'm not suggesting for a second that drug abuse isn't a problem in liberal areas, but it's every bit as big a problem, if not often worse, in conservative areas.

Incidentally, populations of immigrants, including illegal ones, are increasing in rural areas, as they are in urban and suburban areas (see one of the links from my post upthread). When you have governments, both liberal AND conservative, who refuse to crack down on illegal immigration, that's what happens. Incidentally, Canada is a more liberal country than the US is, yet its immigration policies are far more stringent.

Okay, calm down — you took it so seriously!
I was being flippant and facetious with partisan political humor.....
I know all the stereotypes on the other side also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2020, 01:59 PM

12,043 posts, read 6,578,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Republican voting base: white supremacists, racist cops, opioid abusers, tinfoil hat wearers, cousin marryiers, middle school dropouts, the gullibly religious morons, gun fanatics, Billy Bobs and Lulu Maes.

Fun game!
You missed a couple....
(Deplorables, and you liberals can actually smell them in Walmart)

Old 06-04-2020, 04:21 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,558,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Why are most cities in this country that are medium sized or larger run by Democrats?
a lot of reasons, here is a short list that can be expanded, Northern democrats were always interested in the immigrant vote, the left took over the democrats and then moved to the big cities, blacks live in cities and vote democrat, white flight, unions. each of these have much elaborate reasons.

Old 06-04-2020, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
Because Republicans suck. White Supremacy, white nationalism, Nazism doesn't play well in American Cities.
keep up the propaganda, NY had a ton of real Nazis
https://www.commentarymagazine.com/a...and-much-else/

Old 06-04-2020, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
When people live in dense population centers they become Collectivists, Leftists and fake Progressives. Also cities attract the poor and minorities for the purposes of Welfare and Section 8 housing. All vote Democrat because it either makes them FEEL good, or they want STUFF or both. That's all.
no the leftist come to the cities.

The not black areas of NYC where majority of people are native to NYC are more conservative than much of rural America.

Old 06-04-2020, 04:35 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Oh, gosh. Another angry one.

So London, Paris, Vienna, Vancouver, Montréal, Prague, Berlin, Barcelona, Rome, Sydney, etc are nothing but "cesspools of crime, drug gangs, illegals, airhead celebrities, radical left professors, angry minorities, Antifa, sex traffickers, and far left tech companies"?

I didn't know that.

I also didn't know that there aren't any "firemen, police, military, farmers, church goers, normal working class and families in liberal areas/countries.

I'll have to tell my former in-laws that, dairy farmers in Canada just across the border from North Dakota who have run a very successful, generations-old family business on 5,000 acres of land. And they're liberal.

Or my former high school classmate who retired from his Chief of Police position a couple of years ago. Or my cousin's son who last year was hired by his small city's fire department. Or my former BIL who was Fire Chief in his small town in the mountains of British Columbia. By your standards, they're are liberals.

But I assume you put your money where your mouth is and boycott Hollywood entertainment and "far left" tech? No smart phones, no big-screen TVs, no Netflix, no Amazon, no social media, no TV watching, no movies? No following stupid TV shows and dumb celebrities?

You know how many meth labs there are throughout rural Tennessee? Do you have any idea of how bad the opioid problem is in East Tennessee, West Virginia, and rural Ohio and PA? I'm not suggesting for a second that drug abuse isn't a problem in liberal areas, but it's every bit as big a problem, if not often worse, in conservative areas.

Incidentally, populations of immigrants, including illegal ones, are increasing in rural areas, as they are in urban and suburban areas (see one of the links from my post upthread). When you have governments, both liberal AND conservative, who refuse to crack down on illegal immigration, that's what happens. Incidentally, Canada is a more liberal country than the US is, yet its immigration policies are far more stringent.
I do. I do know. Three of my old friends have lost their young adult sons to drug in our old hometown.
That's 4 young men dead from drug addiction; two were brothers.

Like a gut punch every time I hear about another one. I can't pinpoint why the drugs are so bad in our old state. Lack of opportunity? Jobs? Depression in general?

I thank God every day I got my son out of there his freshman year of high school. Not that we didn't have problems in our new town and new state but . . nothing like what we left behind. My son went to college in Chicago, for God's sakes and still didn't end up like many of his old friends.

Poor, rural, run-down towns are no place to live. Not for young people. They are dying there.

Old 06-04-2020, 04:39 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,330,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Why are most cities in this country that are medium sized or larger run by Democrats?
Because that's where most well-educated professionals work and live. They tend vote for Dems.

Old 06-04-2020, 04:39 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,733,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
Because Republicans suck. White Supremacy, white nationalism, Nazism doesn't play well in American Cities.
bawawaaaahhaahaha Hows that Minneapolis Dem goverment been working out latley...

Old 06-04-2020, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
So so true. We have posters on this very thread that choose to live in liberal cities, all the while complaining.
My family on all sides has lives in NYC for over a 100 years. And we all hate todays democrats.

Old 06-04-2020, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
It's actually quite the opposite, urban centers usually attract the best educated and wealthiest people.
https://www.citylab.com/equity/2018/...uality/577924/
and poorest, it's the middle the cities don't have

https://www.cityandstateny.com/artic...-congressional
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies