Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2020, 08:42 PM

26,507 posts, read 15,084,039 times

Advertisements

The honest truth is that both parties are just killing this country slowly.

It is disappointing.

Vote for Bernie, in 2011 he was praising Venezuela's economic system as better than ours and wanted to replicate it here! Vote for Trump, massive debts, more QE - both of which he severely criticized under Obama, oh and more antics with Trump. Vote for Biden before he forgets who he is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2020, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
He was the most conservative candidate in the D party primary.

And the right’s failure to evolve with the times on social issues is honestly part of the problem with some people pushing the left too far left.

Biden was nowhere near the most conservative in the D party primary. If you changed the phrase to most moderate of the final batch that might be accurate.

There were multiple candidates that didn't get far that were more moderate than Biden. Bullock is one example of someone that could be considered more moderate than Biden.

Old 06-03-2020, 08:48 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,416,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
The honest truth is that both parties are just killing this country slowly.

It is disappointing.

Vote for Bernie, in 2011 he was praising Venezuela's economic system as better than ours and wanted to replicate it here! Vote for Trump, massive debts, more QE - both of which he severely criticized under Obama, oh and more antics with Trump. Vote for Biden before he forgets who he is.
Biden doesn’t have a massive ego and will delegate if he has to.

That alone makes him the better leader.

We also have to bring back respect for the USA which we’ve jettisoned with the current clown.

We also need to restore competency in government (most competent people don’t want to work for this one).

And we need to restore what civility we can.

For those reasons, Trump is out.

Old 06-03-2020, 08:49 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,639,616 times
Quote:
Vote for Biden before he forgets who he is.
OK, that right there made me literally laugh out loud.

Old 06-03-2020, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Biden was nowhere near the most conservative in the D party primary. If you changed the phrase to most moderate of the final batch that might be accurate.

There were multiple candidates that didn't get far that were more moderate than Biden. Bullock is one example of someone that could be considered more moderate than Biden.
He was the most conservative among the ones that ever had a realistic shot at the nomination.

But he was also the front runner for virtually the entire cycle, which really shows most D voters are not radical leftists.

Old 06-03-2020, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Biden doesn’t have a massive ego and will delegate if he has to.

That alone makes him the better leader.

We also have to bring back respect for the USA which we’ve jettisoned with the current clown.

We also need to restore competency in government (most competent people don’t want to work for this one).

And we need to restore what civility we can.

For those reasons, Trump is out.

You said that Biden was the most "conservative" Democrat in their primary, I pointed out that factually you were wrong on that point.

You then respond with a tirade of off-topic points that has nothing to do with Biden being the most conservative in the Democratic primary.

Stop lecturing out talking points and listen.

That is fine if you think Biden is the best candidate, but he wasn't the most conservative in the Democratic primary.

Old 06-03-2020, 08:56 PM

Quote:
He was the most conservative among the ones that ever had a realistic shot at the nomination.

But he was also the front runner for virtually the entire cycle, which really shows most D voters are not radical leftists.
Thank you for finally actually reading what I wrote as you respond to my post for the 2nd time, because your 1st response had nothing to do with what I wrote. Talk about a break down in political discussions.

That is fine if that is your opinion, but the post I responded to was factually wrong. If you want to modify it to this new opinion, then that is better than your initial false claim.

Old 06-03-2020, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Thank you for finally actually reading what I wrote as you respond to my post for the 2nd time, because your 1st response had nothing to do with what I wrote. Talk about a break down in political discussions.

That is fine if that is your opinion, but the post I responded to was factually wrong. If you want to modify it to this new opinion, then that is better than your initial false claim.
I qualified the claim. And I didn’t post a tirade, you in fact went on a tirade seeming to accuse me of refusing to acknowledge an error, which ironically was itself in error.

Old 06-03-2020, 09:02 PM

Quote:
I qualified the claim. And I didn’t post a tirade, you in fact went on a tirade seeming to accuse me of refusing to acknowledge an error, which ironically was itself in error.
You qualified the claim AFTER I pointed out that it was wrong as is and AFTER you went on a tirade that was 100% off-topic of the claim, because I pointed out that your claim was wrong.

Be more reasonable.

Old 06-03-2020, 09:02 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,179,518 times
Oh ok. Well, glad you got that out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies