Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 10:43 AM

3,357 posts, read 1,235,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
I was raised around republicans and my initial political stance was that way. However, I had become disillusioned with the party on it's fiscal conservation hypocrisy, warmongering and blind eye to DoD wastefulness, stance on drugs, and the stupid border wall.

The last few months have really changed my stance with the coronavirus response and the recent protests. With coronavirus, the democratic led states have refused to loosen their control despite the overwhelming evidence that the virus is not at all the threat predicted when the shutdown started and they've used the economic carnage to justify MASSIVE redistribution of funds, to groups that they want funds directed at.

With the recent protests, I'm flat out disgusted how the left has responded, justifying the anarchy and wreckage and completely ignoring any injustices aside from their soapbox of black oppression. Growing up in a pretty well diversified group of friends and acquaintances, their laundry list of "prejudice" just does not match my experience in life. Before I may have been sympathetic to a historical plight of injustice. Now, I realize articles like this are just tools to divide people, keep them in this pigeonhole mentality of being "the victim" or "the oppressor" and using minorities as pawns to accomplish their own agenda. The inclusiveness of the left is hypocrisy, they are more hostile towards anyone not like them or who does not think like them than the good ole boys of the GOP ever were.

I still think republicans are dumb and Trump is an idiot, but I'm absolutely terrified of what the "progressive" lefts agenda is. As of now, I'm planning to vote R on my ballot.
I think you speak for a very small percentage of us when you contend that the left justifies anarchy and ignores injustice. I think you need to spend some more time in the world and look around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2020, 10:47 AM

23,992 posts, read 15,091,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
LOL, wow, you are REALLY committed to this shtick aren't you?
Just because you believe something does not make it true.

And watching the democratic primary debates could lead a sane person to drink. It was alarming when the question was asked about free medical care for 'undocumented'. And they all raised their hands.

Then it dawned on me we already do provide anybody who shows up in an emergency room care. No questions asked. And we provide their kids with free public education with meals.

But in the long run, those expenses picked up by taxpayers is just another subsidy to the employers of illegals.

So I purpose maybe the Ds were just being truthful, or realistic.

Old 06-04-2020, 10:47 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
LOL, wow, you are REALLY committed to this shtick aren't you?
Don't make it about me. That's what teenagers do then they argue. You are making claims which everyone knows are not true, and when you get called out, you try to deflect by making it about the poster.

Prove your claims. Who has said they want to open the border?

Old 06-04-2020, 11:00 AM

5,362 posts, read 5,139,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I don't know what you have been reading, but ALL States have loosened their restrictions. Parts of Florida and Ohio are still heavily restricted, and they are Republican States

Again, not sure where you get your info, but the president asked for the massive bailout, the GOP Senate OK'd as did the Dem House, and then Trump handed out the checks with his name on them, and even people who didn't even lose their jobs received these hand-outs.

No one is doing justifying wreckage. Who told you that?

You are a good example of how propaganda works on people who won't seek out the truth.

Personally I am not voting at all. The country will move forward despite of bad presidents.
The first 2 trillion dollar stimulus plan was understandable, I get that. It was the 2nd 3 trillion dollar one pushed by Nancy that was my trigger. That's completely uncalled for. The US only collects 3.3 trillion in income tax, these are HUGE numbers.

LA is supposedly in lockdown for another 3 months... Denver has been much much more restrictive than Colorado Springs and the case numbers are similar. Overall this has split down to party lines, where Dems shame people for not having masks and Rs do not, despite masks not really doing much...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
This push to defund the police I'm seeing starting to get some traction is really scary to me. Hopefully common sense will kick in and that crap will go away. I'm hoping it's just outrage at the current situation. Again, I hope common sense prevails here.
What will happen if they do this is large metro downtowns will have a big uptick in crime and we'll have "white flight" again just like the 70s-90s, except this time it won't be only white people, it'll be any decent family who's sick of this crap. The ones protesting the police will shoot themselves as it's their own neighborhoods that will go down the drain.

Old 06-04-2020, 11:04 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,560,296 times
Quote:
Don't make it about me. That's what teenagers do then they argue. You are making claims which everyone knows are not true, and when you get called out, you try to deflect by making it about the poster.

Prove your claims. Who has said they want to open the border?
I'm just laughing that you always defend far left authoritarianism by trying to say that the real problem is the right embracing too much of the left.

It's a weird shtick.

As to the open borders, did you watch the DNC debates? They all stood up for de facto open borders at a minimum. It's a major part of the DNC platform at this point.

Old 06-04-2020, 11:05 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,507,854 times
Who cares. Vote for who you want to vote for, its your right.

Old 06-04-2020, 11:06 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,088,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
After watching the GOP defend everything Trump does, I could never ever vote Republican. He could bomb a town and they'd find an excuse for it.
Sadly, I agree. I was a registered republican for over 26 years. Switched to independent after trump won the republican nomination. I could never be associated with such a turd.

And yeah, all Trump has done is drag the GOP deeper down the sewer pipes. I'm not sure the GOP will ever recover from the damage Trump has done, or if it does, it'll take years.

I truly felt like the GOP of old, led by honorable, honest people like John McCain, died when he died.

Old 06-04-2020, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
The first 2 trillion dollar stimulus plan was understandable, I get that. It was the 2nd 3 trillion dollar one pushed by Nancy that was my trigger. That's completely uncalled for. The US only collects 3.3 trillion in income tax, these are HUGE numbers.
That is not even true. There was 2 trillion + 1 trillion + new money printed by the Fed.

Yes, huge numbers, and all three branches of the Government approved, and two of those branches are controlled by the Republican party. You can shift the blame on Nancy, which is exactly what Republicans do when they commit these kinds of things. It is a dishonest practice if you asked me.

Its the Republican party which is on a highway to the left, and they don't even seem to know it. Dems have always leaned left, but at least they are honest about it.

Old 06-04-2020, 11:15 AM

Quote:
I'm just laughing that you always defend far left authoritarianism by trying to say that the real problem is the right embracing too much of the left.

It's a weird shtick.
It is dishonest to misrepresent other peoples views, which is nothing new from Trump boot-lickers such as yourself.

Quote:
As to the open borders, did you watch the DNC debates?
Yes. Not one of them proposed to open the borders, but then again, you already know that, you just want to push the fake news.

Have a nice day.

Old 06-04-2020, 11:49 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,560,296 times
Quote:
It is dishonest to misrepresent other peoples views, which is nothing new from Trump boot-lickers such as yourself.

Yes. Not one of them proposed to open the borders, but then again, you already know that, you just want to push the fake news.

Have a nice day.
I'm not misrepresenting your views, I'm pointing out how hilariously inconsistent they are.

You attack the Republican party for being "on a highway to the left" while constantly defending the far left. It's transparent that you aren't being intellectually honest and that this is all a shtick.

Also, when they proposed to decriminalize illegal entry while providing healthcare for illegals....that's setting up de-facto open borders. You obviously know this, but you are doing the DNC spinster thing.

Honestly, you have to know that everyone sees right though what you are doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies