Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 02:36 PM

860 posts, read 322,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
I was raised around republicans and my initial political stance was that way. However, I had become disillusioned with the party on it's fiscal conservation hypocrisy, warmongering and blind eye to DoD wastefulness, stance on drugs, and the stupid border wall.

The last few months have really changed my stance with the coronavirus response and the recent protests. With coronavirus, the democratic led states have refused to loosen their control despite the overwhelming evidence that the virus is not at all the threat predicted when the shutdown started and they've used the economic carnage to justify MASSIVE redistribution of funds, to groups that they want funds directed at.

With the recent protests, I'm flat out disgusted how the left has responded, justifying the anarchy and wreckage and completely ignoring any injustices aside from their soapbox of black oppression. Growing up in a pretty well diversified group of friends and acquaintances, their laundry list of "prejudice" just does not match my experience in life. Before I may have been sympathetic to a historical plight of injustice. Now, I realize articles like this are just tools to divide people, keep them in this pigeonhole mentality of being "the victim" or "the oppressor" and using minorities as pawns to accomplish their own agenda. The inclusiveness of the left is hypocrisy, they are more hostile towards anyone not like them or who does not think like them than the good ole boys of the GOP ever were.

I still think republicans are dumb and Trump is an idiot, but I'm absolutely terrified of what the "progressive" lefts agenda is. As of now, I'm planning to vote R on my ballot.
Welcome back from the dark side. We are glad to have you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2020, 02:41 PM

30,377 posts, read 19,177,636 times
Quote:
I was raised around republicans and my initial political stance was that way. However, I had become disillusioned with the party on it's fiscal conservation hypocrisy, warmongering and blind eye to DoD wastefulness, stance on drugs, and the stupid border wall.

The last few months have really changed my stance with the coronavirus response and the recent protests. With coronavirus, the democratic led states have refused to loosen their control despite the overwhelming evidence that the virus is not at all the threat predicted when the shutdown started and they've used the economic carnage to justify MASSIVE redistribution of funds, to groups that they want funds directed at.

With the recent protests, I'm flat out disgusted how the left has responded, justifying the anarchy and wreckage and completely ignoring any injustices aside from their soapbox of black oppression. Growing up in a pretty well diversified group of friends and acquaintances, their laundry list of "prejudice" just does not match my experience in life. Before I may have been sympathetic to a historical plight of injustice. Now, I realize articles like this are just tools to divide people, keep them in this pigeonhole mentality of being "the victim" or "the oppressor" and using minorities as pawns to accomplish their own agenda. The inclusiveness of the left is hypocrisy, they are more hostile towards anyone not like them or who does not think like them than the good ole boys of the GOP ever were.

I still think republicans are dumb and Trump is an idiot, but I'm absolutely terrified of what the "progressive" lefts agenda is. As of now, I'm planning to vote R on my ballot.
I think the Left has pushed too hard and their lies are being exposed and will cost them next November with many people disgusted and afraid of the lying Democrats as you are.

Old 06-04-2020, 03:01 PM

534 posts, read 489,557 times
Quote:

Voting from a place of terror? Now that's a solid plan. Terrified people tend to make excellent choices. But you're also self-admittedly disillusioned, disgusted, and thus choosing to vote for someone you think is an idiot and for a party you refer to as "dumb." I can't even begin to imagine the level of double think that is going on in your mind so you can resolve your cognitive dissonance.

Maybe you could try meditation.

Old 06-04-2020, 03:44 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,011,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by typical_guinea_pig View Post
Voting from a place of terror? Now that's a solid plan. Terrified people tend to make excellent choices. But you're also self-admittedly disillusioned, disgusted, and thus choosing to vote for someone you think is an idiot and for a party you refer to as "dumb." I can't even begin to imagine the level of double think that is going on in your mind so you can resolve your cognitive dissonance.

Voting from terror is what gave us George W Bush the 2nd term and that worked out so well.. You righties have no thoughts that are coherent anymore.. Just failure after failure of President Admins

Old 06-04-2020, 03:56 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,682,105 times
Well, according to the polls "you" don't matter much!

I had a telemedicine appointment today with a GP. He asked how I was doing
"We live in interesting times" was my response.

"Well, we have to get rid of Trump" was his next sentence..........

That's the story out there now folks. As we speak MANY of the Top Republicans have or are considering turning against Trump...and not just a little bit.

So, the OP can be left, right, center or radical. In the end it doesn't matter. The self-importance which the internet seems to bring out is concerning to me. I mean, who cares? I think this...then I think this. Then I walkaway. Metoo. MAGA. KAG....

Who cares? Lead by example. Be a decent human being. Help others. Done.

Old 06-04-2020, 05:39 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,714,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by typical_guinea_pig View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtornado View Post
Voting from terror is what gave us George W Bush the 2nd term and that worked out so well.. You righties have no thoughts that are coherent anymore.. Just failure after failure of President Admins
Democrats are willing to vote for a senile pedophile because they are terrified of what they have been told Trump might do. Y’all probably shouldn’t be calling out someone who wants to vote for Trump because they are terrified of what a Biden presidency might look like.

Old 06-04-2020, 05:57 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,011,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Democrats are willing to vote for a senile pedophile because they are terrified of what they have been told Trump might do. Y’all probably shouldn’t be calling out someone who wants to vote for Trump because they are terrified of what a Biden presidency might look like.
Trump was shown to pay off many to families of kids he was sexually with too... Whoops

Old 06-04-2020, 06:30 PM

23,989 posts, read 15,091,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Glass houses.

Old 06-04-2020, 06:37 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,714,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtornado View Post
Trump was shown to pay off many to families of kids he was sexually with too... Whoops
You seem to think I’m a Trump supporter. I’m not. I voted for Johnson in 2016, and will be voting third party in 2020. However, please explain what makes Biden, a man who can’t remember who is standing next to him or what office he is running for and who has been a part of the Washington establishment for decades, who was a key advocate in the Iraq invasion, who supported the Hyde amendment, who has repeatedly advocated for cuts to Social Security, a better candidate than Trump.

From where I stand, neither Trump nor Biden should even be in the same neighborhood as the White House. That being said, I’d rather deal with the arrogant narcissist who bluntly tells you how he feels than the career politician who pees on your head and tells you it’s raining.

Old 06-04-2020, 06:38 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
George who?

Used and tossed.... The Democrat - MO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies