Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you kneel and ask for forgiveness for racism?
Yes 18 5.64%
No 301 94.36%
Voters: 319. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2020, 11:11 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Then why did you watch it? So of you folks are OBSESSED with Al Sharpton.
Very much so. It’s really strange.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2020, 11:18 AM

14,956 posts, read 12,162,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
I am a person of color and voted “no”: I am really embarrassed to be the same skin color as BLM even though I’m not of African decent.
Don't be embarrassed. They speak only for themselves, not for you or millions of others who believe the same way you do. While BLM and other similar agenda driven groups presume to speak for all those who look like they do (literally and figuratively) and the corrupt news media would have you believe this is true, rational people know there are many who reject these groups and their message.

Old 06-07-2020, 12:00 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
It's an empty, patronizing, and cringey gesture. It's more important to just treat individuals fairly.
Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Hell no !!!

The leftist mob may get some self-loathing fools on their knees but what they're really after is to keep them there !!!
After up graded charges and the 3 others arrested a reporter ask is this enough and the response he got was, no its not enough !!! All along the way the response will be the same !!! It will never be enough and that's what the permanent grievance industry is all about !!!
It’s more about getting Votes when elections come around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
It's pandering, pure and simple.

Or cowering in fear, as in "please don't hurt me, please don't hurt me...."
Democrat Joe Biden went to his knees during his meeting at the Bethel AME Church in Wilmington.
The Democrat Senators did the same on the Capitol steps.

I guess that is what the Leftists want, a President that will kneel to them.
The trick is ... how do Normal People feels about a President who would kneel to those who demand Defunding of Police , Reparations, a black female as V.P. And no punishment for Burning, Looting and Riots?

Interesting times.

Old 06-07-2020, 01:11 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
211-13, aka, kiss ma white ass!
https://twitter.com/thejtlewis/statu...16484350701569

Old 06-07-2020, 02:12 PM

2,400 posts, read 755,704 times
It’s going to get so bad that we are going to have to fight a war, millions will die before we can have a civilized society again. Untold years after liberalism will be reborn, history will be turned into something evil again and it will repeat. I think it’s happened over and over again right on this planet.

Liberalism/progressivism is the last disease I think.

Old 06-07-2020, 02:48 PM

20,115 posts, read 9,032,117 times
the guy in the red shirt looks like he'd like to do more than kneel.....

Old 06-07-2020, 02:56 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,753,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
What kind of mental illness does one have to kneel and apologize for their skin color?.
It's a mental illness called racism.

Old 06-07-2020, 02:57 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,629,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinaggie View Post
Once again, the left has overplayed their hand and it will backfire on them come Election Day. No way the majority of normal non-black people in the U S agree with this bull.
Excuse me but where is the "Left" in this video because all I see are a bunch of White RELIGIOUS people kneeling.

Old 06-07-2020, 03:02 PM

20,346 posts, read 19,937,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Nathan
I don’t really need the kneeling, personally, but if white America gave a sincere and genuine apology for their mistreatment of black people and if they actually worked to make some kind of amends for it, that would be a nice gesture.

But expecting such humanity and decency from a lot of white people may as well be like expecting an intellectual conversation from a dog.
If you're looking for "humanity and decency"...and "intellectual conversation.." don't expect to find it in locales such as Camden, NJ Trenton,NJ, East St Louis, IL, South or West Chicago.

You'll end up disillusioned.

Old 06-07-2020, 06:15 PM

62,976 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Excuse me but where is the "Left" in this video because all I see are a bunch of White RELIGIOUS people kneeling.
Naw, a true Christian would never do that because they know they haven't done anything wrong, aren't racists so why would they be kneeling in front of blacks and begging their forgiveness? Those would be self-hating, radical left, guilt ridden white liberals without a brain in their heads doing that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies