Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you kneel and ask for forgiveness for racism?
Yes 18 5.64%
No 301 94.36%
Voters: 319. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2020, 03:00 PM

19,222 posts, read 16,710,036 times

Advertisements

Did they need assistance? At their age, it can't be easy to get up after kneeling. I know it takes me a little longer than usual and I'm a decade younger than Pelosi.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2020, 03:03 PM

289 posts, read 143,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Did they need assistance? At their age, it can't be easy to get up after kneeling. I know it takes me a little longer than usual and I'm a decade younger than Pelosi.
Did you watch the video? It's only 47 seconds long or you can skip it to 30 second mark.

Old 06-09-2020, 03:57 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
I really wish this poll wasn't anonymous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
elaborate
Probably wants to see who the nutty 17 are who voted yes, they would kneel to blacks and ask for forgiveness.

I'm guessing some of those 17 are black.

Old 06-09-2020, 06:20 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,092,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
Will you kneel and ask for forgiveness for racism?

White people kneel and ask for forgiveness from black community at George Floyd prayer gathering

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ayer-gathering
What if white people stop paying tax instead?

Old 06-09-2020, 06:45 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,904,050 times
I don't hate black people. I have nothing to apologize for. I grew up in rural Maryland, and met some of the nicest black people. Some still farmed with draft horses and mules. Never any problems. Many were employed at the Beltsville Agricultural farm as watchmen.

Old 06-09-2020, 07:46 PM

6,353 posts, read 2,903,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny30 View Post
I don't want to blame the victims but maybe if black people felt they had more opportunities there would be less criminal behavior.

Racism is based on a sense of white superiority. That is why the pictures of white people on their knees asking for forgiveness are so important. They are sending the message that white people do not regard themselves as superior.
The kneeling is only reinforcing the delusion that there is structural racism in the US and that it is what is holding black people down. That's not good. It will only lead to worse outcomes for blacks because they will blame all their problems on racism.

Here's a 2001 article by John H. McWhorter - a black man - where he debunks it:

What’s Holding Blacks Back?
It’s black attitudes, not white racism, that’s to blame.

https://www.city-journal.org/html/wh...ack-12025.html

Quote:
If you saw the vid you would see someone had to help Pelosi get up. The woman behind her was wearing a skirt and you could see her disparately trying to cover up her crotch.

Old 06-09-2020, 07:55 PM

19,222 posts, read 16,710,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUtoTX View Post
Did you watch the video? It's only 47 seconds long or you can skip it to 30 second mark.
I admit, I didn't. Seeing her kneeling in the freeze frame was enough for me. I have trouble watching Nancy Pelosi in anything but I'll go back and watch it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
If you saw the vid you would see someone had to help Pelosi get up. The woman behind her was wearing a skirt and you could see her disparately trying to cover up her crotch.
Oy, maybe I don't want to watch it after all. Naw, I'll watch it so I can say I did. I'll look away at the crotch shot.

EDIT: I watched it. I have an exercise for her that will strengthen her legs. Works great.

Old 06-09-2020, 08:50 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,020,001 times
Quote:
I admit, I didn't. Seeing her kneeling in the freeze frame was enough for me. I have trouble watching Nancy Pelosi in anything but I'll go back and watch it.
Oy, maybe I don't want to watch it after all. Naw, I'll watch it so I can say I did. I'll look away at the crotch shot.

EDIT: I watched it. I have an exercise for her that will strengthen her legs. Works great.
It’s not her legs. It’s her brain.

Old 06-10-2020, 06:28 AM

30,075 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUtoTX View Post
Look at that- subservient, obedient dogs, bowing to the idol of liberalism and submissiveness. It is a submission to fear and intimidation from an extremist group that cannot be questioned, for fear of Marxist PC doctrine condemning them. What cowards!

Remember when men would "stand up" for what they believed in and refuse to kneel to anyone but God?

This is akin to Obama bowing to all of our foreign enemies.

No nation remains great on their knees.

Old 06-10-2020, 06:44 AM

59,111 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
What about black-on-white murders and rapes since 1865?

Liberals bring up white-on-black lynchings....but white-on-black lynchings PALE in comparison to black-on-white murders in America's history, and it's not even close.

There were a few thousand white-on-black lynchings in America's history; in comparison, there have been hundreds of thousands of black-on-white murders.

So yeah, I don't want to hear it. This madness we are dealing is beyond insane and infuriating.
"There were a few thousand white-on-black lynchings in America's history"

"There is no count of recorded lynchings that claims to be precise, and the numbers vary depending on the sources, the years considered, and the definition used to define an incident. The Tuskegee Institute has recorded the lynchings of 3,446 blacks and 1,297 whites between 1882 and 1968, with the peak occurring in the 1890s, at a time of economic stress in the South and increasing political suppression of blacks.[27] A five-year study published in 2015 by the Equal Justice Initiative found that nearly 3,959 black men, women, and children were lynched in the twelve Southern states between 1877 and 1950. Over this period Georgia's 586 lynchings led all states"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynchi..._United_States

"in comparison, there have been hundreds of thousands of black-on-white murders" The comparison isn't even CLOSE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies