Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2020, 08:54 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,331,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
I wonder if Trump saw that yet. He will be tweeting all night.
If I wasn’t constantly harassed for three years by fake and illegal investigations, Russia, Russia, Russia, and the Impeachment Hoax, I’d be up by 25 points on Sleepy Joe and the Do Nothing Democrats. Very unfair, but it is what it is!!!
5:41 PM · Jun 7, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

He's not even pretending to give a **** America anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2020, 09:06 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,800,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post

If you don’t see people coming together and fighting for a common cause - their community and safety for their neighbors, then that is sad!
If you don't see that the people coming together for this 'cause' are an extremely small percentage of the population, and that the rest of the country is more divided than ever, than you are the one that is sad.....

Old 06-07-2020, 09:07 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,889,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
This development makes Martha and the Vandellas Public Enemy #1.
Right? I mean that is so outrageous. Like how on earth can this bother you. How does it even impact you at all? Literally the only thing I would wonder was what song they were listening to.

Old 06-07-2020, 09:13 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,889,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
If you don't see that the people coming together for this 'cause' are an extremely small percentage of the population, and that the rest of the country is more divided than ever, than you are the one that is sad.....
I have seen people I know, all over the country engaging in conversations that I have never seen them even remotely care about in the past. Red states and blue states. People trying to better understand, learn and ask questions. More than the election. That is a great sign. Hopefully in November we have really high turnout with informed voters.

Old 06-07-2020, 09:21 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,800,444 times
Quote:
Hopefully in November we have really high turnout with informed voters.
Yep, the Trump voters will be there for you.....!

Old 06-08-2020, 05:33 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,432,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
In the cities yes but there was a survey done and they are still on the 50-50 marks or abouts. On CD being a tiny fraction of our citizens - it’s obvious they are people still holding on to Jim Crow. The unity is coming from the youth ! They are going to drive these changes needed home.
Stunning and brave. We all know it IS a zero-sum game, and to reject self-loathing, collective guilt and vacuous virtue-signaling is to embrace "Jim Crow."

Good work, comrade, calling out the thought criminals.

Old 06-08-2020, 06:19 AM

11,800 posts, read 5,801,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I'm ashamed for my race with this.
Why be ashamed of your race - it's one ignorant individual.

Old 06-08-2020, 06:27 AM

11,800 posts, read 5,801,446 times
Quote:
Right? I mean that is so outrageous. Like how on earth can this bother you. How does it even impact you at all? Literally the only thing I would wonder was what song they were listening to.
You've got some kook dancing in the middle of a street that obviously has a fair amt of traffic on and you people think that's an everyday common occurrence? Not in my neighborhood - had I seen a person - black or white - doing the same I would call the police. 1 - for his own safety so he doesn't get hit and 2 to make sure he wasn't high on something.

I see people singing in their cars - singing to themselves while walking or jogging - but never anyone dancing in the middle of a fairly busy street and I think most would do the same and question it.

Old 06-08-2020, 06:56 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times
Quote:
In the cities yes but there was a survey done and they are still on the 50-50 marks or abouts. On CD being a tiny fraction of our citizens - it’s obvious they are people still holding on to Jim Crow. The unity is coming from the youth ! They are going to drive these changes needed home.
Nobody is ‘holding on to Jim Crow’ ....their is a significant number who actually believe they are living under Jim Crow Laws today. It’s amazing to watch the lunacy. They act as though Civil Rights never happened.

The 1960’s and 1970’s with all the Marches and the Riots that followed are the times they want to re-live and recreate. There are still boarded up buildings in the Cities that experienced those Riots, the same will be true after these Riots 30 from now. It’s different today ... today the “protests” are cover for the Anarchists and the Anarchy will continue as long as the “ protesters” give them cover.

As for Unity ... it’s good that neighborhoods are united in cleanup efforts, but the destruction will remain. Businesses and livelihoods destroyed. Some might think it’s ‘unity’ to Defund Law Enforcement (which means abolish it, as it can’t function without funding) - some might think that watch white people grovel for forgiveness as though were slave owners ... is “unity”.

“Unity” is also those that are appalled by the Burning, Looting, Killings, attacks on our Capital City, defacing monuments, defacing Federal Buildings .... and the groveling, while shooting Cops and calling to abolish Police Departments.

The OP is correct .... people will Remember in November.
I was born on the 1940’s, I’ve seen this Movie and know how it turns out.

Old 06-08-2020, 07:00 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
It's not real so it can't be rooted out. If you want to argue this then lay out the details here for us to pick over. Otherwise accept that it's a staw man to fight against in perpetuity, and give money and power to those in control, while nothing of note actually gets done.

Quote:
Are you saying systemic racism does not exist? What ? Is this a joke or just blatant denial ?
clearly this will be a foreign concept to you, but intelligent people make a habit of blatantly denying things that don't exist.

it's part of what makes them intelligent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies