Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2020, 07:15 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by readyplayer1 View Post
There are less distractions because people are home. They are not running everywhere and can pay attention. Now, people can sit and think and really see what is going on in society. That video was horrific enough that it was almost impossible to realize that something is not right with the way police handeled this
On the flip side they are bored and want something to do. I've realized most people are followers, not thinkers, so you're being way to generous I think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2020, 07:17 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
https://heavy.com/news/2020/06/steph...n-protest/amp/

White Woman Spits on Black Teen During Protest

Yup. They keep coming out proving my statement.
I'm ashamed for my race with this.

Old 06-07-2020, 07:17 PM

2,008 posts, read 1,248,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
In the cities yes but there was a survey done and they are still on the 50-50 marks or abouts. On CD being a tiny fraction of our citizens - it’s obvious they are people still holding on to Jim Crow. The unity is coming from the youth ! They are going to drive these changes needed home.
can you give some specific examples please?

Old 06-07-2020, 07:19 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Hard to claim there's a lot of division when you have people all across the world joining in support for an American domestic issue.
I know, right? People are coming together.

Well, I mean, not on this forum but it wasn't created for that.

Old 06-07-2020, 07:21 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I see way more division, but I stand on the other side. I always knew black lives mattered like literally everyone did, so there no reason to affirm that over other lives. I don't believe there is systemic racism or that our country was founded on racism or that we need to bring down the system to eliminate racism.

I also don't align with the politics of the BLM org so if you're mindlessly throwing your money and support to them because you don't like racism you're actually doing more. Maybe you agree with it all or maybe you don't but the majority of people don't think about that.
What do you propose we do then?

Old 06-07-2020, 07:23 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I know, right? People are coming together.

Well, I mean, not on this forum but it wasn't created for that.
Coming together? You really think someone on the other side of the world cares about this all that much? There have been HORRIFIC things all over the world happening but THIS is the thing that pulls the world together? No, this isn't that.

Old 06-07-2020, 07:26 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,639,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
There seems to be a whole lot more "we are all in this together" thinking than there has been during this whole pandemic.

Obviously being on the brink of a new civil war is not good, but honestly I am seeing a lot more unity than I have seen in a my whole lifetime. Except here on P-O-C.
I find the juxtaposition of these two phrases to be quite interesting, in that "we are all in this together" and "being on the brink of a new civil war" are about as opposite as one can get.

Old 06-07-2020, 07:29 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,848,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser Brody View Post
This is 100% TRUE. Biden tells me I am not truly me if I do not vote Democrat. Democrats want to keep me locked in the chains of their grip of their control. Democrats do not want me to think for myself. Democrats keep trying to brainwash me with the race card. Democrats/Liberals are HORRIBLE for this country. LIBERALS ARE THE DIVIDERS.

You don't know a damn thing about me. What I want, how I think, what I believe...you have no idea about any of that.

Old 06-07-2020, 07:34 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,331,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
You don't know a damn thing about me. What I want, how I think, what I believe...you have no idea about any of that.
I do and I think you are spectacular.

Old 06-07-2020, 07:36 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,848,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser Brody View Post
This is 100% TRUE. Biden tells me I am not truly me if I do not vote Democrat. Democrats want to keep me locked in the chains of their grip of their control. Democrats do not want me to think for myself. Democrats keep trying to brainwash me with the race card. Democrats/Liberals are HORRIBLE for this country. LIBERALS ARE THE DIVIDERS.

Since you just know that all liberals are dividers, quote a post of mine where I've been divisive, or take all that 'all liberals are divisive' crap, and shove it back where crap comes from. I am so effing sick of people arrogantly presuming to know what I believe simply because I have liberal leanings. Y'all don't know ish about me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies